AU gets a new Commitment today!

DKW 86

Auburn already has one of the nation's top tight end prospects committed in Marietta (Ga.) Walton's Bailey Woods. On Friday, the Tigers added another one of the country's best in Pineville (Ky.) Bell County's Brent Slusher.

Slusher, a 6-foot-3, 221-pounder, committed to Auburn live on Rivals Radio after seriously considering Tennessee, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Cincinnati, Marshall and Wake Forest among others.

Slusher and Woods could be one of the top TE duos in the country.

Slusher called Auburn tight end coach Steve Ensminger and let him know the news.

"I called coach Ensminger and told him I'm committing to Auburn," said Slusher. "He was excited. I was, too. It feels good.

"I told coach Ensminger that I wanted to be an Auburn Tiger, and he said, 'Good, I want you to be an Auburn Tiger'. He said he was glad I called."

Hope you all trust your staff's eye for talent, because this guy's offer list isn't terribly impressive (looked over by Kentucky, Indiana, and MSU...)

247890[/snapback]

We trust them completely.

Yeah, I guess the string of top10-15 recruiting classes weren't evaluated properly by our staf....the same staff that turned 2 players that no one watned into ALL SEC Linebackers... Dontarrius Thomas and Williams...

Yeah, I guess the string of top10-15 recruiting classes weren't evaluated properly by our staf....

247927[/snapback]

Apparently you don't realize this, but you get top 15 recruiting classes by hauling in players most colleges WOULD want.

Someone close to the AU athletic Dept told me recently that when things start going bad, CTT will suddenly reel in a great recruit or two. This was a personal response to that fellow.... ;)

no we just take players that other teams don't want and turn them into all-americans. example Kenny Irons.

248214[/snapback]

Who didn't want Irons, save for USC (only after he had been outplayed by Summers in their backfield)? He was a big recruit coming out of high school and had offers from national recruiting powers like Michigan and UT, moreover, he was on some high school all-american rosters.

As I recall, no one wanted Courtney Taylor. Only one or two stars in recruiting. I predict an all-SEC, if not all-American season for him this year.

Hope you all trust your staff's eye for talent, because this guy's offer list isn't terribly impressive (looked over by Kentucky, Indiana, and MSU...)

247890[/snapback]

Good point...BUT we get so many kids like that...and they get coached up into studs. So I'm pretty confident that if they offered him a precious scholly, they think he has what it takes to succeed.

:au::homer:

Archived