anyone having problems with NCAA 07?

PChamp119

I can't change Auburn's playbook. I change a formation and it freezes. This happening with anyone else?

The only thing I can do is change a formation and immediately save (so I guess i'll do that). I was just curious if anyone else had this problem

Now that I have done this, I can't even access the playbook/audibles option... jeez

Roger that, same problem.

Just switch to another team, I went to W coast offense and made my own playbook

Another teams as in when who's playbook your changing, you can still be Auburn with that playbook.

at least I'm not crazy

Also - I just sacked JPW and he FUMBLED!! (they called it a fumble) and when the Bama guy picked it up, they blew the whistle dead - what is up with this? And the kicking game makes NO SENSE AT ALL

PS2 and I HATE THIS GAME. Why do they change controls every year? Pick one and STICK WITH IT! The kicking game makes NO SENSE at all. These field views on returns is gay as hell. I hate how you can only switch players on defense with one button. This jumping of the line thing is gay, so I just press fake snap each time to avoid them.

I'm somewhat disappointed with the game also.

They just expaned the 'heisman' feature and call it legend now. I hated that feature last season, and i hate it even more now. If they changed recruiting in the dynasty mode, i haven't seen it yet. The f'ed up the kicking too. Finally, it seems as if the AI clamps down on you after you get a 5 td lead. Booooo.

The graphics and gameplay are better. I had to play an exhibition game to get the hang of the new controls, but i like em now.

at least I'm not crazy

Also - I just sacked JPW and he FUMBLED!! (they called it a fumble) and when the Bama guy picked it up, they blew the whistle dead - what is up with this? And the kicking game makes NO SENSE AT ALL

249503[/snapback]

They were right in blowing the whisle, the offense can't advance their own fumble. The defense can..

The new controls on switching players is WAY BETTER. Hold O and use the d-pad to go through the players. You can go from the DT to FS in 2 moves. The game is fine for me.. controls havn't made much of a difference. Of course I set mine to classic so its almost just like 2005 (not 06). My first game against WSU.. They had me 14-7 during the 2nd quarter and I came back to win 41-7 (they blocked an XP and a punt of mine before I figured out the kick meter).

The only thing I don't like is the kick return cameras and stuff.. very annoying. Otherwise.. I like it.

Just played the 360 version and once I got the hang of it it was quite enjoyable. I also played the XBOX version this afternoon. I actually like the new kick cameras but my only problem with the game is it seems like it is losing it's college feel, becoming a little to much like Madden. Graphics on 360 are amazing, gameplay is a little bit different as well as the controls but pretty fun.

I too hate the kick controls, but I like the kick views. The Campus Legend calendar thing gets tedious, too. The monster hits, one-handed grabs, and more natural tackles are great.

I also see for the first time ever that EA has added some of the 2006 class of recruits to the rosters which is nice; however, could someone please get an accurate roster of exactly which #s EA gave the freshman. Renaming the roster became nearly impossible not to mention that the hometowns are screwed.

Will Herring from Rainbow City, Alabama? LOL the Rainbow City Bulldogs!!

Edit: Oh yeah, who on God's green earth ranks Bryant-Denny ahead of Jordan-Hare!?

The new controls on switching players is WAY BETTER. Hold O and use the d-pad to go through the players. You can go from the DT to FS in 2 moves. The game is fine for me.. controls havn't made much of a difference. Of course I set mine to classic so its almost just like 2005 (not 06). My first game against WSU.. They had me 14-7 during the 2nd quarter and I came back to win 41-7 (they blocked an XP and a punt of mine before I figured out the kick meter).

The only thing I don't like is the kick return cameras and stuff.. very annoying. Otherwise.. I like it.

249524[/snapback]

How did you take 7 points from them? I need to learn that cheat. I'm fine with the PS2 version so far. The only thing is that it becomes extremely difficult if the momentum swings fully for the other team.

:roflol::roflol::roflol: :roflol:I bet you could sell that cheat on Ebay for some nice cash! :big:

249524[/snapback]

How did you take 7 points from them? I need to learn that cheat. I'm fine with the PS2 version so far. The only thing is that it becomes extremely difficult if the momentum swings fully for the other team.

249553[/snapback]

Lol I had a great game against WSU on the 360...

Washington St. 14-0 at the end of the first

Fast forward to the end of the 4th its 35-35 and Washinton state kicks a field goal with 5 seconds left to take the lead at 38-35....With 1 second still on the clock they have to kick it off...It goes to Kenny Irons who returns it 80 yards for the Touchdown and the win....if that happens in Auburn in real life my heart would explode.

I'm enjoying the hell out of it...It is hard to figure out who is who with the freshman tho...I think that the higher rated Frosh QB is Neil...the lower is Ensminger...The running back is Tate...the Recievers are probally Terrell Zachary and Tim Hawthorne...they prolly rated Hawthorne higher...The tackle I think is Lee Tilley or Mike Berry and the DE is probally Bryant Miller (i guess). The tight end is Michael Goggans and I think thats all the freshman they gave us...

Hope this helped everyone :)

i have ps2

i like the new kick controls, FG are no longer automatic just like John Vaughn! lol

kicks u just have to aim really low for the long one's just like real football, d line might get a piece of it, go to pratice mode and check it out.

new camera views i like, just like real life u have follow the ball in the air with your eyes and cant look down filed untill u catch it.

Def u just hold down O and use d pad to cycle through players

Off cant advance a fumble on 4th down (AKA Au GA game last year)

new controls a making me crazy especially on Def

new mini games are hard and fun

game freezing? hasnt happened but i'll try it out

shift the O line is very cool :thumbsup:

i love :au: playbook they did a good job on it

I have the Xbox 360 version, and if I could just get the hang of the controls, I would say it's a great game. After 5 years of being conditioned to use the PS2 controls, there have been some major growing pains trying to adjust to the 360. But the graphics are awesome, the gameplay seems to be good, and the mini-games are fun too. I am not a fan of Auburn's playbook though. No "Pro" sets, with 2 TBs. I guess they were basing it off last year when KI was pretty much a featured back, and we didn't run as much of that stuff. Also, one play that I loved last season in real life was the "ghost" play, where there's a quick handoff to the TB, and then we fake the reverse. Also, maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough, but I didn't see a reverse in the book either (I'm sure there is one somewhere though). That's a play we always try at least once a game. But anyway, other than the playbook, I am definitely a fan.

A few questions:

1) Does the defense react better to the ball?

2) Does the o-line actually block in this game? Man, it is really annoying in '06 game when you try to throw most of the time. QB has about one millisecond to get the ball off.

3) Those gay circus dive catches need to go from '06 version

4) Putting up a bomb on just about every play and completing it is totally unrealistic and needs to go. I hate how you can have two or more d-backs on the receiver and the receiver still catches it.

5) Guys in '06 game seem to fumble alot and drop too many passes. These are supposed to be good college athletes. I understand a drop or fumble is part of the game, but sometimes the receivers go an entire game and can't catch anything.

A few questions:

1)  Does the defense react better to the ball?

2)  Does the o-line actually block in this game?  Man, it is really annoying in '06 game when you try to throw most of the time.  QB has about one millisecond to get the ball off.

3)  Those gay circus dive catches need to go from '06 version

4)  Putting up a bomb on just about every play and completing it is totally unrealistic and needs to go.  I hate how you can have two or more d-backs on the receiver and the receiver still catches it.

5)  Guys in '06 game seem to fumble alot and drop too many passes.  These are supposed to be good college athletes.  I understand a drop or fumble is part of the game, but sometimes the receivers go an entire game and can't catch anything.

249615[/snapback]

The game still fumbles alot, and you still throw INTS pretty often. But I think overall, this game is better than 2006. I didnt like 2006. You can tell at the very beginning of the game in 06 if you were going to win or lose. If you were going to win, everything worked prefect that first drive. If you were going to lose, your guy would fumble the first play, or fall down, or the wide out wold catch the ball through your guys helmet or something. I think they made improvments, the AI still blows though.

A few questions:

2)  Does the o-line actually block in this game?  Man, it is really annoying in '06 game when you try to throw most of the time.  QB has about one millisecond to get the ball off.

4)  Putting up a bomb on just about every play and completing it is totally unrealistic and needs to go.  I hate how you can have two or more d-backs on the receiver and the receiver still catches it.

5)  Guys in '06 game seem to fumble alot and drop too many passes.  These are supposed to be good college athletes.  I understand a drop or fumble is part of the game, but sometimes the receivers go an entire game and can't catch anything.

249615[/snapback]

1) It seems to except on deep passes. If the CPU receiver breaks the first tackle, usually there is no safety help.

2) The pocket is definitely more secure on 2007. It is a little weird actually, I'm used to having to scramble when now I can sit back and look for the open receiver.

3) They seem to be better, but I haven't played it enough yet to see it all.

4) It is much easier to knock a pass down, but if you miss, see #1

5) Not as many fumbles, until the momentum meter goes full one way or another, then the fumbles increase with the big hits.

A few questions:

249615[/snapback]

The game still fumbles alot, and you still throw INTS pretty often. But I think overall, this game is better than 2006. I didnt like 2006. You can tell at the very beginning of the game in 06 if you were going to win or lose. If you were going to win, everything worked prefect that first drive. If you were going to lose, your guy would fumble the first play, or fall down, or the wide out wold catch the ball through your guys helmet or something. I think they made improvments, the AI still blows though.

249909[/snapback]

throw INTS pretty often? Thats cause you are playing with Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson...I'm 5-0 with Auburn and Cox only has thrown 1 INT and that was the first drive of the WSU game....

My thoughts on the Xbox version of the game:

Very easy to pick up and play. I had no troubles with the kicking system... actually like it better than before.

1. Varsity turned out to be waaaay to easy. I did notice against Washington St. that the AI actually switched better CBs to Courtney Taylor (probably because he had about 85 yards with 2 tds after the first half). That was pretty cool...

2. I love the audible system...

3. In-season recruiting is pretty cool as well. I wish it was more in-depth though, but hey it works 4 me. I like how I can target certain players during the season.

4. Kenny Irons is a beast.... I like the running animations when he's fighting for extra yards.

5. In the pre-game...the announcers look like they are having seizures.

6. I like the slow-down camera. You know a big play is about to happen when that camera slows down...

7. The kick return camera is actually pretty fun... You can see the holes opening up and break it more than ever before.

8. I repeat, Kenny Irons is a beast.

9. Alot more big hits in this game. Just saw David Irons about take someone's headoff during a slant. I had tears of joy :thumbsup:

Bout to take this game online and see how it fares there. Right now its Auburn - 38 Washington St - 7 :big:

DO NOT tick off the AI in NCAA 07.

I had a great game - beat LSU 24-21 in NCAA 07 to go to 3-0, having beaten WSU 24-0 and MSU 31-14 (two TD's in garbage time for the Bullies).

Home vs Buffalo. Ha, this should be easy. I drove down the field in three plays (after Buffalo defered the opening kickoff) and promptly scored to make it 6-0. I ran my kicker around the end on the little fake FG (I'd always wanted to try it) and it was 8-0.

But Buffalo, came back like a team possessed. I couldn't stop the run, couldn't stop the pass - boom boom, touchdown, 8-6. 8-8. 15-8. 22-8. Interception. 29-8. 36-8. What in the crap? 43-8. 50-8. Finally, halftime. Second half kickoff, 57-8. I came back, made it 57-43, but they rallied late and survived a nailbiter 64-50. My advice: do not tick off the AI with stupid fakes. The game will turn insanely hard.

I had a great game - beat LSU 24-21 in NCAA 07 to go to 3-0, having beaten WSU 24-0 and MSU 31-14 (two TD's in garbage time for the Bullies).

Home vs Buffalo.  Ha, this should be easy.  I drove down the field in three plays (after Buffalo defered the opening kickoff) and promptly scored to make it 6-0.  I ran my kicker around the end on the little fake FG (I'd always wanted to try it) and it was 8-0.

But Buffalo, came back like a team possessed.  I couldn't stop the run, couldn't stop the pass - boom boom, touchdown, 8-6.  8-8.  15-8.  22-8.  Interception.  29-8.  36-8.  What in the crap?  43-8.  50-8.  Finally, halftime.  Second half kickoff, 57-8.  I came back, made it 57-43, but they rallied late and survived a nailbiter 64-50.  My advice: do not tick off the AI with stupid fakes.  The game will turn insanely hard.

249988[/snapback]

I wasn't going to admit it, but Buffalo gave me trouble too.....returned the opening kick for a td, got up 17-0 at one point.....but it ended 35-24 my way

Home vs Buffalo.  Ha, this should be easy.  I drove down the field in three plays (after Buffalo defered the opening kickoff) and promptly scored to make it 6-0.  I ran my kicker around the end on the little fake FG (I'd always wanted to try it) and it was 8-0.

But Buffalo, came back like a team possessed.  I couldn't stop the run, couldn't stop the pass - boom boom, touchdown, 8-6.  8-8.  15-8.  22-8.  Interception.  29-8.  36-8.  What in the crap?  43-8.  50-8.  Finally, halftime.  Second half kickoff, 57-8.  I came back, made it 57-43, but they rallied late and survived a nailbiter 64-50.  My advice: do not tick off the AI with stupid fakes.  The game will turn insanely hard.

249988[/snapback]

I wasn't going to admit it, but Buffalo gave me trouble too.....returned the opening kick for a td, got up 17-0 at one point.....but it ended 35-24 my way

249992[/snapback]

Yeah, the Buffalo quarterback is Joe Montana I think.

Just played the best NCAA game ever..... I mean ever... in my NCAA career.

17 seconds left... no timeouts, tied game with LSU... 7-7. I'm on the 14 yard line in the redzone. I just incompleted a pass so now its 3rd and 13. I should go for the fg...but I'm feeling lucky today....very lucky

I haven't run the option all season... thinking that Cox was gonna be another slow white guy in the game. I pick power option.... hoping that Irons and Cox have enough heart to make it happen ;)

The screen is shaking.... the stadium is registering 120+ decibels...

I hut once....

I hut twice....

Hut.... I'm off to the races with Cox leading the way, and Courtney taylor making a key block on the left side to the CB.

I see that LSU FS (Landry or whatever his name is) hauling ass just to make sure Cox is gonna feel something.

At the last second......*Pitch

Kenny Irons grabs the pitch further down field.....Cox gets his brains knocked out in the process......breaks a tackle....scores for the game winner.

Auburn beats LSU at Jordan-Hare 14-7.

Wooohoooo :thumbsup:B):big:

Archived