Finebaum Reporting...

PChamp119

Apparently a recruit of UT's has been sexually involved with a HS teacher of his and that she has tampered with his grades.... interesting

How embarrassing for him would it be if she only gave him a "minimum-to-qualify C-" after his, uh, "performance"? :big:

Rumor-wise, though, I'll wait until I hear it from more sources than Finebaum before I put much stock in it. Admittedly, Finebaum gets good inside info sometimes---but not always!

Ive already read an article on this...im pretty sure its legit. At least there are real allegations.

251918[/snapback]

Ive heard "allegations" that the moon is made of green cheese, too. But if you say you've read an article, I have no reason to challenge you--you're usually pretty level-headed, BG.

But Tennesee cheat?? Whoever heard of such?? :rolleyes:

(Still, I look forward to a real link from someone soon.)

Apparently a recruit of UT's has been sexually involved with a HS teacher of his and that she has tampered with his grades.... interesting

251902[/snapback]

This would in no way would involve an NCAA investigation, maybe a SACS issue though?

i heard about this story this morning on wjox.....it ain't a big deal.....why would anyone listen to paul farthead try to sensationalize something that is not even a sports story....no grades were changed and the only thing the kid can be criticized for is carrying "doing my homework" to a whole new level.....he got some from the assistant principle....big deal....i guess paul farthead is an expert on morality now?.....that is a private issue and i suppose he knows everything that did or did not happen......turn him off

By ERICKA MELLON, DAVE HOOKER, DREW EDWARDS mellone@knews.com, hookerd@knews.com, edwardsd@knews.com,

July 25, 2006

A female assistant principal at Powell High School has been suspended temporarily while Knox County school officials investigate allegations she had a sexual relationship with a student athlete and tampered with students' grades last school year.

Assistant Principal Kim Kallenberg, 36, has been on administrative leave with pay since July 14 pending the outcome of the investigation by the district's human resources department, schools spokesman Russ Oaks said Tuesday.

One student at the center of the allegations appears to be Joseph Lee Smith, a 2006 Powell graduate and multi-sports standout who received a full athletic scholarship to play football at the University of Tennessee this year.

The News Sentinel has obtained a copy of an affidavit signed by Smith that says he "never had any sexual and/or inappropriate relationship with Kimberly L. Kallenberg." The affidavit says Smith is over 18 years old.

Smith played football and basketball at Powell after transferring from Central High School in Knox County before his junior season. He enrolled at UT in June for the first session of summer school.

A 6-foot-6, 245-pound tight end/defensive end, the high school star committed to play football at UT in February 2005, choosing the Vols over Virginia Tech and Alabama.

"This is the first we've heard of the situation," said Tiffany Carpenter, a UT Athletics Department spokeswoman. "At this time, we do not have plans to investigate. However, we will continue to monitor the situation."

Smith's father, Daryle R. Smith, is assistant football coach at Powell High School. He also played football at UT, from 1984-86, before beginning a six-year career playing professionally in the National Football League.

"It knocked my socks off," Daryle Smith said. "I’m very surprised, I don’t know who has an ax to grind. This is one of those things that is fantasy."

Well, I hope she was at least hot.

251904[/snapback]

You decide:

kim.jpg

251973[/snapback]

20 years ago? Definitely. Now? She's just looking for the fountain of youth.....and some young.....er, uh........nevermind.

My roomate had a funny reply to all this...

He thinks it was the NCAA that sent in secret undercover agents that lead him into having sex.

251904[/snapback]

You decide:

kim.jpg

251973[/snapback]

20 years ago? Definitely. Now? She's just looking for the fountain of youth.....and some young.....er, uh........nevermind.

251982[/snapback]

I don't know. If you had never seen a woman naked before, you would probably think that she was hot.

PChamp, back me up on this.

251904[/snapback]

You decide:

kim.jpg

251973[/snapback]

AHHHH......

I could've done w/out that today.

Yeah but she is sssooo grateful....

Yeah, but she can suck chrome off a trailer hitch...

Well, you get the point.

Archived