Could it be Political?

Bottomfeeder

The main reason I don't like to discuss Iraq much anymore is because the troop levels are inadequate to secure peace and establish a working government. This policy failure will lead to more dead soldiers, perhaps someone you know, and

an Iranian state. This administration has failed the troops and tthe US taxpayers. Occuring is a policy which extends the war to no end by not providing adequate troop levels thus perpetuating the sectarian violence. It's time wipe the excrement from the White House and flush it.

Frum now admits that the sectarian civil war will rage on until Shiites assert total dominion over Baghdad and all of Southern Iraq, at which point "Baghdad - and therefore central Iraq - will in such a case slide after Basra and the south into the unofficial new Iranian empire." About this result, Frum admits: "The consequences for the region and the world will be grim."

Admitting that the Bush administration, in an election year, will not deploy additional troops to Iraq, Frum says that the best we can hope for in Iraq is the essentially defeatist plan

David Frum's Diary

It was politics which held back our initial 'shock an awe '.

It was politics which kept our soldiers from laying waste to Fallujah.

Sadly, I see pretty much everything being done for politics now. It's the exact same damn thing that went wrong in Vietnam. Same damn policy. Amazing.

It was politics which held back our initial 'shock an awe '.

It was politics which kept our soldiers from laying waste to Fallujah.

Sadly, I see pretty much everything being done for politics now. It's the exact same damn thing that went wrong in Vietnam. Same damn policy. Amazing.

253525[/snapback]

You are correct.

Archived