Galen, got a UA prediction question

BamaGrad03

Could you handicap bama hawaii and bama arkansas for me? Im curious your thoughts (honest not flame city) on those two.

If youve been reading Arkansas practice reports, youll see why I think Bama will be favored in that one.

How do you think those two games turn out?

Not Galen but would like to add my 2 cents. I think Bama rolls both and takes down UF again. I think Bama loses to :au::ut::lsu: .

I personally think Hawaii is a trap game for Alabama, moreso than Arkansas. Alabama was decimated by graduation, both on defense and in offensive skill positions. Add an opponent that can put points on the board and Shula's unproven ability to get a team ready by the first game of the season (Yeah, I know. CTT struggles in that department, too <_< ), and you could have a defeat on your hands. And if Alabama loses to Hawaii, it's anybody's guess how the rest of the season will go.

If Alabama does well against the Warriors, then probably you will beat everybody up to Tennesssee. I'm not totally convinced that the Vols are back, but Cutcliffe will be a far better offensive coordinator than last year's bozo.

I'm in a meeting and don't have time for the full bore analysis.

I do think Alabama beats Hawaii. Arkansas doesn't impress me. I would think Alabama wins both.

I'm not as sold on Bama as some of the lunatics I run into are. I don't see them rolling into Florida 6-0 and blowing out the Gators on the way to NC #428, but I don't think it's a stretch to see them win 8 or 9. The schedule is pretty soft.

The games I think Alabama could lose are: Tennessee, LSU, Florida and Auburn. The rest I tend to think they'll win. Given that luck is fickle, 2-2 would be a nice split on those but I can't figure out who the two would be. Tennessee will be much improved.

I see the top three in west all beating the Gators this year. Pellini, Muschamp and Kines are all to good of cordinators to let Urban's gimmicky offense beat them.

Even I do not see the rainbows winning @ Tuberville Field.

p.s. I am NOT Galen, but, I did stay @ a Holiday Inn Express...once.

Q: How does a team play a lower-echelon opponent like Hawaii and stay off SI's short "villains playing Univ. of Buffalo" list?

A: lose to them once. For eternity you can point to the loss and say "see? they're better than you think"

Q: How does a team play a lower-echelon opponent like Hawaii and stay off SI's short "villains playing Univ. of Buffalo" list?

A: lose to them once. For eternity you can point to the loss and say "see? they're better than you think"

Because Hawaii is the same as buffalo...whatever.

Because Hawaii is the same as buffalo...whatever.

No, Hawaii is the same as Northern Illinois because they both beat uat, which is the same as ole miss. Do try and keep up. :poke:

No, Hawaii is the same as Northern Illinois because they both beat uat, which is the same as ole miss. Do try and keep up. :poke:

You forgot UCF.

On a totally unrelated side note...

I hung out some with wardmiller and the band director from U of Hawaii at wardmiller's lake house this summer. Very cool guy, and he absolutely LOVES Auburn.

Just puts a new spin on the whole "Beatdown Coming" thing. :)

You may now resume your previous conversations.

You forgot UCF.

.....and La Tech! :lmao:

You forgot UCF.

.....and La Tech! :lmao:

1999- La Tech (we also won the SEC title that year)

2000- UCF

2003- NIU & Hawaii

We've been taking care of business in the landmine games since 03... so lets not "live in the past." C'mon now, be consistent. <_<

Guest Tigrinum Major

1999- La Tech (we also won the SEC title that year)

Don't forget 1997.

And that this (LA Tech) is a program that has never beaten:

Barksdale AFB

Birmingham Southern

Delaware

Fort Benning

Hardin-Simmons

Missouri State

Montana State

Pacific

Saint Edward's

Shreveport YMCA

Stetson

Tulane

Vanderbilt

Western Michigan

Wyoming

or

Xavier

The point? Yes, we've lost some games we shouldn't have... but still, bringing up the fact that LT has never beaten Xavier has nothing to do with anything.

Funny how some can talk out of both sides of their mouth. We're not allowed to talk about the 1925 Rose Bowl because it's "in the past" but it's a-ok to pull up LTU's games from freaking 1915? Give me a break.

Guest Tigrinum Major

The point? Yes, we've lost some games we shouldn't have... but still, bringing up the fact that LT has never beaten Xavier has nothing to do with anything.

Funny how some can talk out of both sides of their mouth. We're not allowed to talk about the 1925 Rose Bowl because it's "in the past" but it's a-ok to pull up LTU's games from freaking 1915? Give me a break.

"Not allowed"? There you go with the hyperbole again. If you weren't "allowed" to talk about those things, you would have been banned by now.

Show me an instance of me jumping an Alabama's fan case about bringing up the past. You might find me making fun of some, but to say you are "not allowed" to do that is assuming facts not in evidence.

You have every right to be proud of that 1925 Rose Bowl. But it has exactly nothing to do with what will occur this year. Just as the 1997 LA Tech game will. Just as 2003 Auburn has nothing to do with 2006 Auburn, save a few players that ae common to both teams.

Be proud of your history. Don't expect us to bow down to the same.

Pride? Is THAT what IT is called these days?

Not Galen but would like to add my 2 cents. I think Bama rolls both and takes down UF again. I think Bama loses to :au::ut::lsu: .

I think UAT beats UH, but definitely doesn't roll... 31 - 28 UAT, on another last second FG. No way UAT beats UF in the swamp. If, and a big IF, Bammer wins on one of those four games it'll be against UT.

UF will have revenge on their side for last year's game, plus it'll be in the swamp, one of the toughest stadiums to play in and Jessica Parker Wilson will basically :puke: CUM has learned his lesson on the gimmicky spread offense, he won't make the same mistakes twice, if he does he should be fired on the spot for stupidity. UT should be better, but they've got allot of question marks on that team, from personnell to staff. If UT starts out strong against Cal, then UAT may not win any of the four, plus they lose to Arky. UAT welcome to 7-5 and cograts on your trip to Shreveport in 06 :moon:

Yeah, you guys can laugh and point about losing to la tech all you want. We lost to them in 99 and beat Auburn IN auburn. And went on to win the SEC title. After beating UF twice that year.

So if La Tech beat us...and we beat you IN auburn...how bad does that make you suck?

Hawaii beat us the same year NIU did. When we were 4-7 and didnt have our head coach for spring practices. Hawaii went 9-5 that season. NIU went 10-2 and also beat Iowa State AND Maryland that season. So spare me please.

Hey whats AUs record against Vanderbilt?

Hawaii beat us the same year NIU did. When we were 4-7 and didnt have our head coach for spring practices. Hawaii went 9-5 that season.

Glad you remember that.....It's going to happen again. See below.

You can do all of the "WE beat and they beat" you wish. It will not wash away the pain and "sting" of the THUMB!

p.s. la tech and central Fla and NI, and..........

Guest Tigrinum Major

Hey whats AUs record against Vanderbilt?

What's yours against Boston College? Duke? Fordham? Hawaii? LA Tech? Missouri? New Orleans AC? Northern Illinois? Rice? Syracuse? TCU? Villanova? Wisconsin?

I can play this game all day.

Archived