Daquan Bembry...

metafour

In the first game of the season Bembry picked off two passes and returned both for touchdowns, from 50 and 86 yards respectively. He also scored a rushing tuchdown on offense.

Wasn't this guy labelled a "steal" when we got him? Seems to be living up to it. B)

CTT has always been a very good recruiter. I am simply amazed at how GREAT this class is looking already. Recruiting doesnt mean they develop the way they recruit, but I am suddenly shocked at how recruiting is going for us now. 2006 was one of the best as for needs. 2007 may be the best talented group we have ever signed at Auburn.

I will be suprised if this kid stays a 3 star player. He has a lot of athletic ability. In HS, he plays some RB, WR and CB. From the hghlights that I have seen...it looks like he plays them all very very good too!!!

CTT has always been a very good recruiter. I am simply amazed at how GREAT this class is looking already. Recruiting doesnt mean they develop the way they recruit, but I am suddenly shocked at how recruiting is going for us now. 2006 was one of the best as for needs. 2007 may be the best talented group we have ever signed at Auburn.

amazed at how great? i'm amazed at how many 3 star commits we have. we already have more this year than we did last year. I was hoping we would have a few more 4 stars by now. I know that the rivals ratings aren't completely accurate and I trust the coaching staff but it would be nice to have some more highly touted players at this point

rivals is constantly re-evaluating players and i would be very surprised if they didn't make some of the 3-stars into 4-stars after watching the season. remember all these rankings were when they were juniors and most all people improve in their senior year.

Watching the recruiting forums, there is more news that looks VERY good. Just hang in there. Remember commits dont mean much until February anyway. But we are very high on a few kids lists that could jump this class into the sky.

I realize that rivals and scout change the rankings through out this season, but I still wish that we could recruit better nationally. Sure we can turn out solid classes in the surrounding states but we're never gonna have a top 5 class unless we go after some more top players from around the country. UGA, UF, UT, LSU, and even Bama go after most of the top players. They might not land them but they make an effort. We're becoming a powerhouse and I think it's time to flex our recruiting muscles a little. If we can win another SEC Championship I bet we could land a few more 4 and 5 stars.

I realize that rivals and scout change the rankings through out this season, but I still wish that we could recruit better nationally. Sure we can turn out solid classes in the surrounding states but we're never gonna have a top 5 class unless we go after some more top players from around the country. UGA, UF, UT, LSU, and even Bama go after most of the top players. They might not land them but they make an effort. We're becoming a powerhouse and I think it's time to flex our recruiting muscles a little. If we can win another SEC Championship I bet we could land a few more 4 and 5 stars.

We are recruiting AR, MO, MD, MS, GA, FL, NY. I think we are doing pretty well.

Just keep in mind that those "five star" players usually come with "five star" egos. The thing this staff has been better than anyone in the country at is taking a three star with a great attitude and work ethic and coaching them up to a five star talent. That is a big reason we have had fewer off the field issues than most other schools. That is precisely why we aren't in the running for a lot of the five star talent. CTT doesn't want them because they wouldn't buy into this program.

It takes more than size, strength, or speed (or five stars) to be an Auburn Tiger!

I don't think Tuberville's staff checks Rivals OR Scout to determine who should be an Auburn Tiger.

Tuberville's been at Auburn since 1999. His first full team was in 2004.

2004: 13-0

2005: 9-3

Give me 3*s all day if it means we can keep up with THAT kind of record.

Tuberville's been at Auburn since 1999. His first full team was in 2004.

2004: 13-0

2005: 9-3

Give me 3*s all day if it means we can keep up with THAT kind of record.

Now there are a couple of facts that are hard to argue with! WAR EAGLE!

Staff likely ignore scout and Rivals. They are going with the kids at the camps for the most part. That is how you find those diamonds in the rough.

Side note: I am told that one DE is now starting ahead of Gunn. :blink: Where did we find him? McKenzie is now first team TE. And so on. Leads me to believe that we are developing great talent.

Staff likely ignore scout and Rivals. They are going with the kids at the camps for the most part. That is how you find those diamonds in the rough.

Side note: I am told that one DE is now starting ahead of Gunn. Where did we find him? McKenzie is now first team TE. And so on. Leads me to believe that we are developing great talent.

Where did you hear that McKenzie is starting at TE?

Side note: I am told that one DE is now starting ahead of Gunn. Where did we find him? McKenzie is now first team TE. And so on. Leads me to believe that we are developing great talent.

Where did you hear that McKenzie is starting at TE?

That's a good question, McKenzie will be good and will get in for 3 TE situations. But I don't think Trott or McKenzie will start ahead of Cole Bennett (unless he is injured, which I hope does not happen!)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived