Central Michigan Coach

Weagle98

Ok maybe that is not all. I know most of ya'll probably didn't watch the game. BC was winning by 2 TDs. CM ran down the field easily and scored. Then their D held BC to the 20. They then got a punt with a 15 yd penalty in CMs favor putting the ball down at about the 40. They pretty easily get a first down to the 30. So what does the brilliant coach call next. A trick play leaving all linemen on the left hash and the center (or someone who snapped) and quarterback on the right hash. Of course the QB got pressured, the center was the only blocker and he threw an interception. The whole OL just staying in pre-sanp formation the whole play.

CM was easily moving the ball anyway they didn't need to do any trickery.

I don't think I have ever seen that play work. We practiced it several times in HS - I remeber the name was polecat. We only ran it as a 2pt conversion, and probably only ran it in a game 2x. I remember practicing to defend it quite a bit too. Its too easy to pressure the QB and have him screw it up. If he does get the ball off, the OL falls over and the RB or WR has to run through a mess to get to open field.

Archived