Ribbon Boards

PChamp119

Let's get everyone's honest opinion of them

I would've like more score updates (and scores that were actually UPDATED) and stat updates. God - too many advertisements. But that is all that matters to Auburn - money.

Also - Tiger Walk, what did you guys think? I didn't attend, so I'm curious

I love the ribbon boards, but I thought they were going to be longer than they look on t.v. MONEY is what matters to college football, not just Auburn. For that matter, money is what matters to just about everybody and everything that is a mover and a shaker in this world. From the tube, the stadium looks better thna it ever has. We have one of the top five nicest stadiums in college football.

It looked really nice in person. I've got some pics of the ribbon boards, but wont be able to post them until tomorrow.

As far as the scoring, you can't blame that on the ribbon boards. The scoring updates have always been behind, I didn't expect the new communication medium to speed up the updates. I'd like to see a decibel meter sometime. I always thought that was the neat thing about the old tiger eyes.

Only 1 or 2 score updates that I remember (really only 1) and they were not up-to-date . PA anouncer had just given scores not 2 minutes before and the ribbons were not right. WAY TO MANY COMMERCIALS. I know they have to be paid for and the university likes the money, but they are nothing more than a high tech, flashy version of the flip adds under the scoring table at the basketball games. At this point, they are only there for revenue, not for fan/game info.

Only 1 or 2 score updates that I remember (really only 1) and they were not up-to-date . PA anouncer had just given scores not 2 minutes before and the ribbons were not right. WAY TO MANY COMMERCIALS. I know they have to be paid for and the university likes the money, but they are nothing more than a high tech, flashy version of the flip adds under the scoring table at the basketball games. At this point, they are only there for revenue, not for fan/game info.

Agreed 100%

Honest assessment.

Useless. Ad after ad after ad. I don't care about Mayfield icecream. I like Cingular, not Verizon. How does Golden Flake really know that it is Auburn's favorite chip? Did they take a survey?

The ribbon boards added nothing to the gameday experience.

I did like the new video. I saw players stop warming up to watch. Pretty awesome. This is domination.

As eveyone has said, Auburn should have posted more score updates. Not hard to get some 15 year old kid to check the Internet and post them or relay them to the PA man to be provided during breaks. As for the ads and Auburn making money. How much can East Ala Med Center actually be paying Auburn, or the local car dealership? This is a joke! The Bham news score board. What are they paying Auburn? I think AU is getting ripped off.

I don't mind the ads. I agree with everyone else, there could have been more score updates and updates from more games. For example, I never saw the Troy and Alabama St score posted and I'm sure there was some interest in that game. The only other complaint is that I wish they would show the time left in the quarter with the score and possibly who has the ball. I did like the resolution on it though, it was easy to read from the top of the upper deck on the oppposite side.

yeah...it was ad after ad. That got old.

Also, I never thought I would say this, but bring back the troffs. Lines in the mens bathroom?

With as much as they ran ads the boards ought to be payed off, other wise the athletic department needs to hire better contract negotiators.

The "Thanks for Drinking" message with no brand name displayed was kinda humorous.

Needs a noise meter, more stats, and more up to date scores. Could be longer, BUT I love the Jordan-Hare Stadium and Pat Dye Field signs.

Well its not just AU that uses their Ribbon Boards solely for advertisements......We had some cool graphics up there at times when an LSU player would make a big play, but not enough scores and stats. I kept looking up there for udates on your game and the GT/ND game and never saw anything other than ads. Its all about the MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

They would look better if they stretched further too. I still hate the advertisements

There were some last minute problems with the video boards, ie the manufacturer wasn't going to produce a deliverable before the first game. AU threatened to pull out all together and find someone that would deliver because of all the advertising money at stake. The original manufacturer re-arranged schedules, and from what I understand kind of shafted USC, to get ours up. I don't know if all this has anything directly to do with the size that was installed, but I could see it having an effect.

Why are their so many complaints about the size? I thought they looked fine. Can't go any taller or they'd be hanging off the side, and you can't go too much wider or the PDF and JHS text would be crowded. Does anyone have a legitimate size complaint?

AU is strongly considering a new teletron thingy next year too. I vote we outdo the new one Texas put up!

yeah...it was ad after ad. That got old.

Also, I never thought I would say this, but bring back the troffs. Lines in the mens bathroom?

WEll they gave all of our rooms to the women.

I haven't had season tickets in about 10 years, but I have to say they NEED more womens rest rooms. I am sorry that the men have to wait now, but perhaps now you get an idea of what the fairer sex has had to endure for years. I am not kidding when I say I have met some of my closest girl friends while waiting in line at the rest rooms. :poke:

Also I have friends in Building Science that tell me each building should have 2 restrooms for women for every 1 for men. Face it, it takes us ladies longer. :lol:

The ribbon boards are nice. The ads were to be expected but I liked the score updates. They need to keep them coming though...when they're not advertising, give us some scores.

Archived