Snakes in Prision?

JohnDeere

UAT's finest son.

http://www.al.com/newsflash/taxcenter/inde...torylist=al_tax

Feds sue former QB Ken Stabler over unpaid taxes

MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — The federal government has sued former NFL quarterback Ken Stabler, seeking more than $500,000 in overdue taxes and proposing foreclosure on property he owns in Mobile and Baldwin counties.

The suit, filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court by the Justice Department's Tax Division, says Stabler owes $241,565 in unpaid income taxes, penalties and interest from 1999, 2000 and 2001.

It also says the Stabler Co., which he owns, owes $303,282 in unpaid income and employment taxes, penalties and interest from 1995, 1998, 1999 and 2000. The Stabler Co. arranges speaking engagements.

The suit asks a judge to make sure the amounts are paid by foreclosing on property that the former University of Alabama and Oakland Raiders quarterback owns on Joachim Street in Mobile and on Ono Island, an upscale residential island on the Baldwin County coast.

Robert Galloway, Stabler's tax attorney, told the Birmingham News in a story on its website Friday that he has been negotiating with the Internal Revenue Service on his client's behalf and that he expects the matter to be settled before any property is seized.

Stabler is scheduled to be a radio announcer for the University of Alabama's first football game of the season against Hawaii at 6 p.m. Saturday.

A uater in trouble with the law is not really news. Now, if flipper were to punish a players, well, THAT would be NEWS ! ! !

"Snakes in Prison?" Will Eli smuggle him a file baked in a cake? Juwan Simpson can be the gunman for the break out.

I just had an epiphany. That is what Juwan Simpson was doing with the pot. He was planning to sell it and donate the money to the Snake defense fund. His intentions were good and pure, Shula was right to not suspend him.

The article says they've seized a property on Ono Island. From what I know of Ono Island, I suspect they will get their $500K from that property alone. If there is an Ono Island scale home on the property, I'm guessing it's worth considerably more than a half milliion.

The article says they've seized a property on Ono Island. From what I know of Ono Island, I suspect they will get their $500K from that property alone. If there is an Ono Island scale home on the property, I'm guessing it's worth considerably more than a half milliion.

Agreed, The lot alone should be close to $500 K. Kenny has had that place for years.

Archived