Worst Game Day Traditions.

DKW 86

Worst gameday tradition? How about having certain players dress out and maybe even warm-up but not play due to injury or depth chart status, followed by the traditional post-game reelation that said unused player was "suspended"? :poke:

Why do some of you insist on turning every thread into a UAT bashing thread. It is getting old on this board and the admins and mods are cracking down on it. You have been warned...again.

Also, some need to master the use of the "quote" box. There is feature that allows you to preview your post before you actually post it for those that need the practice. Not trying to be a jerk about it, but it makes it hard to read a thread when the quote feature is not used properly. It is actually not complicated. If you want to reply to somebody's post, then all you do is hit the "reply" button located underneath that persons post and it should be automatically done for you. There are other ways to include the quote box also if more guidance is needed.

My humble opinions...in no particular order....

LSU's Death Valley. Death Valley is in Clemson. It just doesn't make sense and the record doesn't make it that scary. And honestly, a tiger in a cage isn't scary. Let him out like they do for Ralphie, and then I'll tremble.

UTexas's Bevo. Love the mascot, hate the name. The Ags beat UT 13-0 one year and stole the longhorn, and branded it 13-0. A 'smart' UT guy. branded stuff to change 13-0 to Bevo.

TAMU's Reveille grave. They bury the dogs feet up so that can see the game. When they put in an endzone expansion, they blocked the deceased dogs view, so they put up an auxiliary scoreboard so the pooches can see. Ags think its awesome.

Any school who has a hand signal. Seems like all the schools have some sort of hand sign in the former SW Conference area. Baylor makes a bear claw. Stop, I am scared.

And until the Sugar Bowl, I had no idea the traditional dance of the Hokie Pokie by the Va Tech band was "one of the greatest college traditions" as the PA announcer said.

Also, some need to master the use of the "quote" box. There is feature that allows you to preview your post before you actually post it for those that need the practice. Not trying to be a jerk about it, but it makes it hard to read a thread when the quote feature is not used properly. It is actually not complicated. If you want to reply to somebody's post, then all you do is hit the "reply" button located underneath that persons post and it should be automatically done for you. There are other ways to include the quote box also if more guidance is needed.

THANK YOU !!

It's really not that hard, folks. Besides the "Reply" button under another's post, there's the "Wrap in a Quote" button. Or just check it manually--note that quotes begin with "quote" in brackets and end with "/quote" in brackets. Also as Ranger says, there is a "Preview Post" button--use it and check your post for errors before you "Add Reply". And finally, even after your entry has posted, there's always the "edit" button to correct things. You can fix spelling errors, typos, etc. as well.

Sorry, wasn't trying to get on a real soapbox--we're all human, we're all AUN brothers/sisters, and I've posted my share of typos as well. (Probably on this post, now that I've opened my mouth.) But they're really not that hard to fix! ;)

- - - - - -

Back on topic: I understand how outsiders think rolling Toomer's is stupid, but unless you've "been there, done that" after a major victory (my first was 1972 "Punt, Bama, Punt"!), you can't really appreciate it. As long as the property owners, town, & school don't mind the party and the mess, who cares what outsiders think?

I always thought sticking a roll of toilet paper on top of a box of detergent was pretty lame!

Interesting...I always thought the same thing about throwing a roll of TP AT a tree. ;):poke:

As far as Ole Miss is concerned. I think they have a really sweet gameday atmosphere. The grove is pretty darn impressive.

Hatin' on Rammer Jammer? C'mon now... you know it sounds awesome with 92k in unison.

And yes, the Eagle flight is cool too. ;)

If you like Rammer Jammer so much, why did your fans get so mad last year when they were on the receiving end of it? :au:

Hatin' on Rammer Jammer? C'mon now... you know it sounds awesome with 92k in unison.

And yes, the Eagle flight is cool too. ;)

If you like Rammer Jammer so much, why did your fans get so mad last year when they were on the receiving end of it? :au:

I haven't heard about this. But anyway, I have no problem with you doing that...

I may have developed a dislike for the song thanks to the DA's in our student section who booed the MDB because they didn't play it (at first) after the game. What losers. I was embarrassed to sing "Hey Vandy!" after a lackluster 3 point win... And I didn't. In fact, most of us didn't.

Why do some of you insist on turning every thread into a UAT bashing thread. It is getting old on this board and the admins and mods are cracking down on it. You have been warned...again.

Agreed. I don't like Bama, but 4 wins speaks for itself. No need to say anything else.

1. See? I DO know how to use the "quote" box. :)

2. Don't know if you were referring to me in your post re: "UAT bashing," (maybe use of the "quote" box would've helped, eh?? B) ) but I wasn't. I was making a point that running up the score can bite you in the butt, and I used (very appropriately, I thought) the example of Prothro's injury last year as an example. That the example involved an Alabama player is purely coincidence. Perhaps you should tone done your :ua: paranoia, er, I mean (over)sensitivity about 9 or 10 notches . . . <_<

I also think rushing the field looks pretty stupid too.

Especially when the opposing team heaves a ball downfield that gets caught and run in for a last second 33-30 loss. And you are immortalized on national televison as "the dude who went from joy to tears in less than 1 second."

2. Don't know if you were referring to me in your post re: "UAT bashing," (maybe use of the "quote" box would've helped, eh?? B) ) but I wasn't. I was making a point that running up the score can bite you in the butt, and I used (very appropriately, I thought) the example of Prothro's injury last year as an example. That the example involved an Alabama player is purely coincidence. Perhaps you should tone done your :ua: paranoia, er, I mean (over)sensitivity about 9 or 10 notches . . . <_<

Good job on the quote box. :lol:

Wasn't referring to you. You were not hijacking a thread just to bash UAT. You were using a legitimate example in reference to the thread. However, you may want to make sure you clarify things before you make smart-aleck remarks, such as the one in your last sentence of the post. Just an FYI...it has nothing to do with any of my sensitivities and you can easily find out, as many on this board can tell you, how insensitive I can be if you want to go there. FYI...The UAT bashing/hijacking policy was recently instituted by the admins of this board, not me.

Corso (on "Game Day") putting on the head of the mascot of whatever team he thinks will win. The 30 seconds while ESPN milks it before the commercial is...just...painful

Corso's "not so fast my friend"

Corso referring to HIMSELF as "coach"

Corso's spastic immitation of Dick Vitale's natural exuberance & enthusiasm

Just...Corso

Running up the score:

This is the year that Auburn had better run it up every week, if possible. If we don't, it will be 2004 all over again. That is just the way things work. We can sit back and take 4 knees, or score and have a shot at a MNC.

Yes, running up the score is a great idea. Look what it did for Alabama last year . . .

I have no idea what you are talking about. Your post is clearly another example of how almost everything written here turns to a UAT topic.

My point is, if we want to be really considered for the MNC game, then we better be beating people convincingly. A 28-10 win is not as good as a 42-10 win. We lived thru this in 2004 and should know better this time. If we win tomorrow, and don't win by at least 30 points, the polls will reflect it.

We won by 30+ and it helped!!

Running up the score:

This is the year that Auburn had better run it up every week, if possible. If we don't, it will be 2004 all over again. That is just the way things work. We can sit back and take 4 knees, or score and have a shot at a MNC.

Yes, running up the score is a great idea. Look what it did for Alabama last year . . .

I have no idea what you are talking about. Your post is clearly another example of how almost everything written here turns to a UAT topic.

My point is, if we want to be really considered for the MNC game, then we better be beating people convincingly. A 28-10 win is not as good as a 42-10 win. We lived thru this in 2004 and should know better this time. If we win tomorrow, and don't win by at least 30 points, the polls will reflect it.

Ugh, whatever dude. I beg you harken back to October last: :ua: was up on :uf: 31-3 in the 4th quarter last year, and CMS geets greedy and decides to throw for a TD (on 4th down, I believe). By your "logic," this is great strategy - Alabama's undefeated, but they'd better run up the score to impress those voters. Unfortunately for the tide, however, one horrific broken leg later, uat lost its best offensive playmaker. Next thing you knew, they couldn't even score on :msu: (my apologies to State fans). I'll grant you that the loss of one player should not devastate a (well-coached, apologies to :ua: fans) team, but what do you think would happen to our MNC hopes if B Cox, K Irons or C Taylor went down this weekend in the name of runnnig up the score against a (again, apologies to :msu: fans) sorry opponent?

(Maybe there would be a silver lining - at least we could stop with this nonsensical, waaaaaaaaay-too-early MNC talk. But I digress . . . )

Yep, great strategy, indeed.

What if he had got hurt in the first quarter? Would they have still tried to score late? Who knows!! Ugh Whatever dude! "When I was a child I spake as a child..."

I didn't say we have Kenny and Brandon in with 2 minutes left trying to score from 80 yards out. I simply said SCORE! SCORE early and SCORE often, and SCORE late when you need to do so! I think I made my point here, because that is just what CTT did last Saturday!! I think you hear me coming...CLICK-CLACK dude!

Archived