Worst Game Day Traditions.

DKW 86

You knew it was coming.

I will start.

1) Any :au: kickoff before 6:00PM. I think all games at JHS should be played at night. Call me a heretic, I dont care. It would be better tailgating, more fired up fans, more socializing, better atmosphere, LESS FREAKING HEAT TOO.

2) Playing "The Tennessee Waltz" dont even know if they do that anymore, but it was way boring and killed the atmosphere for both teams.

3) The piss balls at Tiger Stadium. I will never take a female there...EVER.

4) Stomping on the other team's logo at midfield. Lame no matter who deos it.

5) Cursing in the stands. Yours, mine, ours, it just isnt right.

6) Running up the score on a hapless opponent. I know sometimes it is just going to happen, inteceptions, fumbles, blocked kicks, etc. Watching :sc: throw on :arky: really pissed me off. poor sportsmanship should not be rewarded. I hope we take four knees against :msu: Saturday.

7) Doing pushups for points. Nothing Lamer than seeing a female cheerleaders trying to do X number of pushups very badly. Look, cheer, look good, be ready for the camera closeups. Dont do pushups...No man wants to see a sweaty stinking woman anytime. The guys look just as stupid. Do you think doing pushups actually bonds you with the team? Does doing 28 pushups actually bond you with a team/player that has worked his rear off for four years to get ready to play? LAME, LAME, LAME!

8) RammerJammer...before, after, during a game. Can you not play a sports event and just say "Yeah Team!" Why do folks have to tear down an opponent? 5-10% of the Bammers know "Yeah Alabama!" Everyone of the toothless, inbred, mullet wearing, dirt road fans know every freaking word to "Rammer Jammer." Wonder why that is?..hhhmmm

Add at will...

Totally agree with you on this. AU football games are and should always be a family affair. I don't want to have to make my kids watch me stuff some jerkhole's head and neck into his anus because the guy could not watch his mouth around my wife and kids.

7) Doing pushups for points.

Agree with also, except for one exception...when the Army cadets and Navy middies do it. Of course, Their reason is better then the lame cheerleaders you talk about. I don't think any college student can say they have it rougher then the students at the academies.

6) Running up the score on a hapless opponent. I know sometimes it is just going to happen, inteceptions, fumbles, blocked kicks, etc. Watching :usc: throw on :arky: really pissed me off. poor sportsmanship should not be rewarded. I hope we take four knees against :msu: Saturday

Outside of the jumping on the logo thing, this one is towards the top of my list. Somewhere down the line these tools will get it returned to them. Always happens.

Agree with also, except for one exception...when the Army cadets and Navy middies do it. Of course, Their reason is better then the lame cheerleaders you talk about. I don't think any college student can say they have it rougher then the students at the academies.

Army hasn't had much of an opportunity to do too many of them lately, have they? :poke::big:

Fear the goat thumb, Army mules!

6) Running up the score on a hapless opponent. I know sometimes it is just going to happen, inteceptions, fumbles, blocked kicks, etc. Watching :usc: throw on :arky: really pissed me off. poor sportsmanship should not be rewarded. I hope we take four knees against :msu: Saturday

Outside of the jumping on the logo thing, this one is towards the top of my list. Somewhere down the line these tools will get it returned to them. Always happens.

Army hasn't had much of an opportunity to do too many of them lately, have they? :poke::big:

Fear the goat thumb, Army mules!

I was just waiting for one of you swabbies to jump on that. <_<

Running up the score:

This is the year that Auburn had better run it up every week, if possible. If we don't, it will be 2004 all over again. That is just the way things work. We can sit back and take 4 knees, or score and have a shot at a MNC.

Running up the score:

This is the year that Auburn had better run it up every week, if possible. If we don't, it will be 2004 all over again. That is just the way things work. We can sit back and take 4 knees, or score and have a shot at a MNC.

Yes, running up the score is a great idea. Look what it did for Alabama last year . . .

I always thought sticking a roll of toilet paper on top of a box of detergent was pretty lame! :big:

ON running up scores:

There's a way to get away from running up scores--Get humans out of the polling process! Have a playoff system, and award playoff berths on the basis of wins and strength of schedule (as determined by opponent's wins and opponents' opponents' wins). Wins by more than two scores or 14 points, indicating dominance of an opponent, could get small bonuses if you like, but beyond that, there would be no advantage to winning by 20, 30, or more points. There'd be no incentive to risk injury to your starters just to pile on the points and impress voters.

You knew it was coming.

I will start.

1) Any :au: kickoff before 6:00PM. I think all games at JHS should be played at night. Call me a heretic, I dont care. It would be better tailgating, more fired up fans, more socializing, better atmosphere, LESS FREAKING HEAT TOO.

2) Playing "The Tennessee Waltz" dont even know if they do that anymore, but it was way boring and killed the atmosphere for both teams.

3) The piss balls at Tiger Stadium. I will never take a female there...EVER.

6) Running up the score on a hapless opponent. I know sometimes it is just going to happen, inteceptions, fumbles, blocked kicks, etc. Watching :sc: throw on :arky: really pissed me off. poor sportsmanship should not be rewarded. I hope we take four knees against :msu: Saturday.

7) Doing pushups for points. Nothing Lamer than seeing a female cheerleaders trying to do X number of pushups very badly. Look, cheer, look good, be ready for the camera closeups. Dont do pushups...No man wants to see a sweaty stinking woman anytime. The guys look just as stupid. Do you think doing pushups actually bonds you with the team? Does doing 28 pushups actually bond you with a team/player that has worked his rear off for four years to get ready to play? LAME, LAME, LAME!

8) RammerJammer...before, after, during a game. Can you not play a sports event and just say "Yeah Team!" Why do folks have to tear down an opponent? 5-10% of the Bammers know "Yeah Alabama!" Everyone of the toothless, inbred, mullet wearing, dirt road fans know every freaking word to "Rammer Jammer." Wonder why that is?..hhhmmm

Add at will...

You're a heretic. Some of us have to work on Sunday's. B) Getting home to Atlanta at 2 AM ET, and then getting up at 6:30 Sunday morning ain't no picnic.

:au::homer:

Running up the score:

Yes, running up the score is a great idea. Look what it did for Alabama last year . . .

I have no idea what you are talking about. Your post is clearly another example of how almost everything written here turns to a UAT topic.

My point is, if we want to be really considered for the MNC game, then we better be beating people convincingly. A 28-10 win is not as good as a 42-10 win. We lived thru this in 2004 and should know better this time. If we win tomorrow, and don't win by at least 30 points, the polls will reflect it.

Bringing down the fieldgoals . I don’t get it. “YEAH..WE WON….LETS GO DESTORY SOMETHING ON THE FIELD AND RUN AROUND WITH IT!!”

It’s dangerous.

Bringing down the fieldgoals . I don’t get it. “YEAH..WE WON….LETS GO DESTORY SOMETHING ON THE FIELD AND RUN AROUND WITH IT!!”

It’s dangerous.

I agree.

I also think rushing the field looks pretty stupid too.

It’s dangerous.

While I agree, I will say that if you have ever been present at a game at which the outcome was so spectacular that your fans rushed the field, then you have truly been a lucky individual. Most places prevent this nowadays.

It is very dangerous, however. I was at the UF game in Auburn one year when they tore down the goalpost and passed it up through the student section and almost threw it over the top of the stadium out into the parking lot. I remember thinking, "If that thing goes over, at least 50 people are going to die," because everybody was right outside on their way to Toomer's.

You sure that was the UF game? I think that was the Alabama game(the fumble by bama, field goal by Auburn, great run back for bama on the kickoff, and missed field goal by bama for Auburn to wrap up the game). I know it happened that game.

You sure that was the UF game? I think that was the Alabama game(the fumble by bama, field goal by Auburn, great run back for bama on the kickoff, and missed field goal by bama for Auburn to wrap up the game). I know it happened that game.

I could be mistaken, but I believe it was around 1993 or 1994 UF game in Auburn. Anyone else remember?

True. Might have happened then too. I know I was in the band watching the post being passed up the student section (below the score board) after the Alabama game. I remember thinking, " This is going to be bad." And just then Big Bad Carl came over the PA asking everyone to pass the post back down to the field.

True. Might have happened then too. I know I was in the band watching the post being passed up the student section (below the score board) after the Alabama game. I remember thinking, " This is going to be bad." And just then Big Bad Carl came over the PA asking everyone to pass the post back down to the field.

Yeah, I believe that was the game. Seems like they turned the field sprinklers on too?

worst gameday tradition....... Anything at ole miss! The Grove, the girls (look like prostitutes now), "Walk of Champions", hotty toddy, you name it. I'd rather ring a cowbell for 3 hours than be a part of that loserdom.

It's more than overrated there, it just plain sucks.

worst gameday tradition....... Anything at ole miss! The Grove, the girls (look like prostitutes now), "Walk of Champions", hotty toddy, you name it. I'd rather ring a cowbell for 3 hours than be a part of that loserdom.

It's more than overrated there, it just plain sucks.

I've always liked going over there. Oxford's a beautiful town.

Running up the score:

I have no idea what you are talking about. Your post is clearly another example of how almost everything written here turns to a UAT topic.

My point is, if we want to be really considered for the MNC game, then we better be beating people convincingly. A 28-10 win is not as good as a 42-10 win. We lived thru this in 2004 and should know better this time. If we win tomorrow, and don't win by at least 30 points, the polls will reflect it.

Ugh, whatever dude. I beg you harken back to October last: :ua: was up on :uf: 31-3 in the 4th quarter last year, and CMS geets greedy and decides to throw for a TD (on 4th down, I believe). By your "logic," this is great strategy - Alabama's undefeated, but they'd better run up the score to impress those voters. Unfortunately for the tide, however, one horrific broken leg later, uat lost its best offensive playmaker. Next thing you knew, they couldn't even score on :msu: (my apologies to State fans). I'll grant you that the loss of one player should not devastate a (well-coached, apologies to :ua: fans) team, but what do you think would happen to our MNC hopes if B Cox, K Irons or C Taylor went down this weekend in the name of runnnig up the score against a (again, apologies to :msu: fans) sorry opponent?

(Maybe there would be a silver lining - at least we could stop with this nonsensical, waaaaaaaaay-too-early MNC talk. But I digress . . . )

Yep, great strategy, indeed.

Yep, I agree. No need to pour salt in an open wound. Not only is classless, but it can have some really bad consequences. Ask Mr. Prothro about that.

If we didn't want to kick an FG, we should have just handed it off to a 3rd string RB and gone back to the sidelines. That throw to the endzone on 4th and 12 still haunts us. What if #4 was taking the field tomorrow? Wow. That hurts.

Archived