God I hate ESPN

hccobb

Halftime of the OSU/UT game they mention every other ranked team in the SEC but us. I know there's other stuff to worry about than media coverage at the moment, but the reality of the matter is if we have success this season it seems like we're going to get blanked by ESPN again.

I know that they are not the only voters out there, but we've discussed over and over again the influence of ESPN on the voters.

Sorry, just had to vent.

I agree 100%! I usually don't get too worked up over stuff like this. I had figured last week was an oversight, but 2 weeks in a row??? It's not like we're playing AA teams like FAMU, UCF, etc (who had highlights shown) we played a PAC 10 and SEC team.

It was exactly the same during "Game Day" this morning. The ONLY time we got mentioned was when they were talking about LSU and said we were a future opponent. I hope all this does is motivates our team throughout the season.

I was thinking the same thing! not showing the #4 team in the country's highlights after a big win is fishy! Auburn is going to have to do it on the field there will never be media support!

Well if Auburn beats LSU, we will be all over ESPN next week. Let that game decide our fate on ESPN

I still would not hold my breath. ESPN is looking for anyway possible to work a Championship game with two of the three OSU, ND and USC. Even during the Texas OSU game the only mention of Auburn when the top 5 were discussed was “well I guess they will stay at 4 with ND moving up to 3", its sickening but all we can do is win out to hell with ESPN.

Herbstreit also said during the UT-OSU game he is voting the following:

1. OSU

2. USC

3. Note Dame

4. Auburn

What happened to ESPN's 2004 motto of "If 1 & 2 keep winning we cant move them down". Why when it is USC and ND is it ok to have them leap frog Auburn. More ESPN BS. We have routed two straight opponents and we were jumped last week in the poll and may be jumped again. Then when we have a big win and they eeek by some team they should pound, we will stay stuck at 4. It really is getting absurd. It doesnt matter if USC plays ND or Cal POly they get a 10 minute highlight because they are a top 5 team. We get no mention at all. They show LSU, UF, and UGA highlights before they discuss the #4 team in the nation.

Well I've just watched some of the segments, and so far I don't see much of an anti-Auburn bias... yet. There are some, but it's not as heavy as some have said.

#1 OSU vs #2 Texas - self explanatory

#3 USC is not mentioned - bye week

#4 Auburn - played MSU, you can't really blame them for not talking much about this game, had all of 3 reels

#4 ND - media darling, self explanatory

#6 W. Virginia - no mention, again, they played E. Washington.. who dey?

#7 Florida - haven't heard anything about them thus far, even when Kirk said it could be the upset of the week. Just one reel

#8 LSU - they had one highlight reel just now

#9 Florida State - made headlines for almost losing to Troy

#10 Michigan - nothing here, just your regular recap (EDIT: a mention of delay of the game due to lightning)

#11 Tenn - made the headlines for almost losing to Air Force

#12 Georgia - Good recap, but I suspect it's because of the Ball Coach.

#13 Louisville - nothing here

#14 Iowa - made headline because of the scare from Syracuse.

#15 Oklahoma - just two highlight reels of Adrien Peterson.

So, to sum it all up, it's really about storyline. We may be #4, but we played a nobody and there's really nothing from this week that would warrant us more airtime. Just wait till next week, next week will be different.

This year Espn is really pushing Notre Dame and Ohio State lets wait and see how it play's out

The only thing that Auburn needs to do is win everyweek they cant be left out forever

Herbstreit also said during the UT-OSU game he is voting the following:

1. OSU

2. USC

3. Note Dame

4. Auburn

What happened to ESPN's 2004 motto of "If 1 & 2 keep winning we cant move them down". Why when it is USC and ND is it ok to have them leap frog Auburn. More ESPN BS. We have routed two straight opponents and we were jumped last week in the poll and may be jumped again. Then when we have a big win and they eeek by some team they should pound, we will stay stuck at 4. It really is getting absurd. It doesnt matter if USC plays ND or Cal POly they get a 10 minute highlight because they are a top 5 team. We get no mention at all. They show LSU, UF, and UGA highlights before they discuss the #4 team in the nation.

one of the problems is that whenever they have a gay little poll about ND or USC, the internet voters tend to blow those teams big time. I think it's a conference wide snub with the exception of UF, generally. LSU gets pub right now mainly because of the bcs title and katrina (e.g. the Eye of the Tiger special on fox sports not too long ago).

I notice this morning that a recap of the AU/Miss St game is directly linked from the main College Football page on cnnsi.com, sports.yahoo.com and sportingnews.com. No mention of the #4 team on ESPN.com.

But if you are interested in how Northwestern, Michigan or Colorado did yesterday, they are highlighted on the main page.

Archived