Arkansas' Nutt to NC State?

DKW 86

http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

It didn't take long for the vultures to circle NC State's Chuck Amato after the Wolfpack's recent loss to Akron. Word is that Arkansas coach Houston Nutt is interested in the NC State gig and has asked his agent to contact officials at the school.

Nutt has compiled a career record of 94-63 (.599) in 13-plus seasons as a head coach including stops at Murray State, Boise State and Arkansas. He has compiled a 58-41 (.586) mark as the Razorbacks’ head coach.

We don't think Nutt will get the Wolfpack gig. Our favorite -- unless he decides to go back to the NFL after this year -- Steeler coach (and former NC State player Bill Cowher.

It didn't take long for the vultures to circle NC State's Chuck Amato after the Wolfpack's recent loss to Akron. Word is that Arkansas coach Houston Nutt is interested in the NC State gig and has asked his agent to contact officials at the school.

Nutt has compiled a career record of 94-63 (.599) in 13-plus seasons as a head coach including stops at Murray State, Boise State and Arkansas. He has compiled a 58-41 (.586) mark as the Razorbacks’ head coach.

We don't think Nutt will get the Wolfpack gig. Our favorite -- unless he decides to go back to the NFL after this year -- Steeler coach (and former NC State player Bill Cowher.

Why in the world would Cowher leave Pittsburgh for NC St?

I think that board needs one of those sarcasm emoticons that you love.

I think that board needs one of those sarcasm emoticons that you love.

:big: I was laughing at it as I posted it. Notice the laugh emoticon on the top.

Well, N.C. State is Cowher's alma mater. Don't underestimate the ties to the ole university. What if a guy graduates from Auburn one day and coaches a team to the Superbowl, then Auburn pursues this guy for the head coaching job. People around the country will be saying why would this joe leave Superbowl team for Auburn? We may be a little offended or at least I would if someone makes that comment. Nothing wrong with N.C. State and Cowher has already reached the pinnacle of NFL football.

Maybe they are like Bama when "mama calls". And delusional!

Fixed that for you. <_<

When the NC State AD saw how Chuck Amato was acting at the press conference he should have jumped up and fired him right then and there.

Loosing to Akron should be enough reason to fire a coach, but crying the way he did, send in the big hook!

My couple of guys up in NW arkansas had this to say....

"People around here are hoping that Amato gets the ax

and NCS comes calling. The RF plane flew to NC on

Saturday and everybody freaked out. Nothing to it.

I'll let you guys know if something goes down."

Sounds like most of them may help him pack and go shopping for some new red clothes.

Archived