Auburn-LSU Rivalry Needs a Nickname

DCWarEagle

I'm a newbie here so please be patient.

Just wanted to give my opinion on a name for the game. I think the "Tiger Bowl" is perfect in it's simplicity.

War Eagle!!!!! :au:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a newbie here so please be patient.

Just wanted to give my opinion on a name for the game. I think the "Tiger Bowl" is perfect in it's simplicity.

War Eagle!!!!! :au:

Welcome to AU Nation, post often.

Tiger Bowl while generic still a classic . . . :thumbsup:

You guys got it all wrong....it has to be Coca-Cola presents the Poulan Weed Eater Tiger Bowl brought to you by CBS. Now you can get shirts made.

Eagles and Tigers and Fires (and Earthquakes and Magic and Whistles and Kickers and Plains and Valleys and Curleys and I-N-Ts and Jamie Howard) - OH MY!!!

Time to separate the men from the boys, folks . . . :au:

Tiger Bowl sounds too close to Tidy Bowl. Besides, it's not really a bowl game. It IS an intense rivalry -- made more so by the realignment but cerrtainly by all the past memorable games. Maybe we don't need to force a nickname for this annual Best in the West match-up. All the individual games that stand out already have names attached to them. Maybe we just need to continue doing that? :au: WDE

I like Judgement Day. Not vanilla like Tiger Bowl (even though that's ok). BTW...the whistle game you guys are referring to was in 1995 in Baton Rouge. Auburn's QB was Patrick Nix. He dropped back in the endzone towards the end of the game and then checked up and ended up getting sacked. LSU won. I've watched the game more than once and was at the game and did not hear a whistle by the way but then again I wasn't on the field.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

I like Judgement Day. Not vanilla like Tiger Bowl (even though that's ok). BTW...the whistle game you guys are referring to was in 1995 in Baton Rouge. Auburn's QB was Patrick Nix. He dropped back in the endzone towards the end of the game and then checked up and ended up getting sacked. LSU won. I've watched the game more than once and was at the game and did not hear a whistle by the way but then again I wasn't on the field.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

You could hear the whistle on the Auburn Network (radio) and I thought the ESPN crew picked it up. I do remember a fan was ejected in the endzone.

Underneath my avatar, it says "AU Tiger" and there is a blue square. I can't for the life of me figure out how to change this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Underneath my avatar, it says "AU Tiger" and there is a blue square. I can't for the life of me figure out how to change this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1) Convert to :au:

2) Stop flaming our board

Good God, man. Chill. Just because you've had bad run-in's with Auburn folks (so you claim), that doesn't mean you're going to get the royal treatment at a rival message board. Get used to it.

Just a shot in the dark here....

Send a PM to any one of the administrators of this board and I'm sure that they'd be more than happy to help you. As long as you ask nicely.

Archived