Eye of the Storm

AURainman

Did anyone watch the LSU made for TV movie about last year's LSU team?

I think I saw ads for it on Fox SS.

Obviously, as the title suggests, it is about Katrina and how the state rallied around LSU football. Anyone seen it? Was it worth watching?

I'm sure we have some Toonces that saw it. Care to weigh in?

Did anyone watch the LSU made for TV movie about last year's LSU team?

I think I saw ads for it on Fox SS.

Obviously, as the title suggests, it is about Katrina and how the state rallied around LSU football. Anyone seen it? Was it worth watching?

I'm sure we have some Toonces that saw it. Care to weigh in?

I think that story's been milked for all its worth.

This is a true test of a real fan. A killer storm(hurricane) is about to hit and you have to evacuate ASAP.What is one of the very first things you make sure to bring with you?

GO :lsu: TIGERS

I grab all of my tailgating gear and head to wherever :au: 's next game is. Or I head straight for Atlanta and await the kickoff of the SECCG to watch my team play... :uga:

I actually went through the Hurricane and then to Baton Rouge after....though several portions of the LSU campus was taken over by FEMA (such as the track used for blackhawks) and the basketball arena for sleeping)...and the traffic was terrible....

I didn't think it was as terrible as some in the media made it out to be.

Gas around campus was tough to get but around the outskirts it wasn't that bad.

deepseas... sorry that a hurricane/national disaster has inconvienced you.

You can just turn the channel... people here can do that. They have lost loved ones, houses, memories. Have you ever packed your car thinking that you may never see your house again? After filling every square inch of open space with precious possessions and driving off, looking at your house for possibly the last time and having a thousand things pop in your head that you should have taken.

Half of my family have lost their houses. So while you are 'inconvienced' by katrina footage, people are still struggling to rebuild thier lives.

Yes some of the stuff has worn on and I get sick of it too, but remember the thousand upon thousands of people who's lives have dramatically changed.

And I won't even begin to get into the continous battle with insurance companies.

Southlink.. I too have been in BR since the hurricane. I still couldn't believe the gas situation. There were plenty of nights driving around of fumestrying to find gas station with gas. And once you find one.. having to wait for 2 hours in a line a mile and a half long. I missed alot of class during those times because I couldn't guarantee I would have enough gas. What a strange time.

Sorry to ramble, I just saw this ahole talk about being tired of hearing it... I just hope he could drive through N.O. and see the thousands and thousands of destroyed houses.

Ivan destroyed my house, where's my documentary? My new place is bigger and better, however being homeless was a real pain for me, and my wife and kids. We did get electricity, at my dad's ,in time to see AU beat LSU, sweet.

Archived