Interesting little tidbit involving Muschcamp

Ranger12

I just heard this on the radio a few minutes ago.

Most know Muschcamp coached for four years under Nick Saban at LSU. 21 players that Muschcamp has coached is still on that team. Does Muschcamp know some of the weaknesses of that team because of that? Advantage :au: ? We will find out Saturday.

The only problem with that theory is that Jimbo Fisher knows his tendencies as a DC.

It does sound like an advantage, and I hope that CAB has been picking his brain for some time now. If it can be done, Borges can exploit a weakness with the best of them.

I just heard this on the radio a few minutes ago.

Most know Muschcamp coached for four years under Nick Saban at LSU. 21 players that Muschcamp has coached is still on that team. Does Muschcamp know some of the weaknesses of that team because of that? Advantage :au: ? We will find out Saturday.

I had considered this already, but I don't think it will help much.

The only players he worked with hands-on on our D that are still here are our DB's- the spot with the least weaknesses. The rest of our defensive starters were either not at LSU yet or freshmen when Muschamp left.

As for our weaker spots, only one member of our o-line played much or any when Muschamp was here, so he won't have much insight there either.

I think if he would've been your coach last year it would've been a more significant advantage, but this year not so much.

if he had been our defensive coordinator last year, we would have won the SEC

I'm not worried about last year. That is then..this is now. ;)

I question how much Jimbo Fischer actually knows about Muschamps tendencies. I mean in practices are coaches really concerned with the schemes that the opposing coach on their own team is throwing at them or are they concerned with how their players react. Maybe im over analyzing. Hopes to a hard fought game in which the good guys win! :homer:

Archived