Play Calling

aubrandon

I know that LSU is a tremendous Defense but Auburn never tried to challange them. We ran one screen play that would have scored but Irons was knocked down on the play. We ran Absolutely no draw plays or shuffle passes. We never tried to challange them deep to loosen up their safties. There were some plays their safties were five yards off the ball. We ran one misdirection play on a reverse to CT and got eleven yards. There were no traps to try to get the D to overpersue. There are several things you can do with a tremendously fast defense. Mainly use their speed against them. I was not pleased at all with the play calls. Don't get me wrong I am very proud that we won and Borgeous is a terrific coach. He just did not do his best work.

I totally agree I was looking for something fancy, hell we used the flea flicker against ARk in 04 why haven't we tried it again. I know we don't want to show a lot to early but damn we needed to see something yesterday.

I totally agree I was looking for something fancy, hell we used the flea flicker against ARk in 04 why haven't we tried it again. I know we don't want to show a lot to early but damn we needed to see something yesterday.

Didn't we throw the flea flicker yesterday? My impression was that the LSU secondary was very good. Brandon didn't seem to have time to find anyone. I'm not sure what the answer was, but I dont want to play another defense that good.

Archived