Bammer class and dignity

TigerHeat

Today I walked into McDonald's for lunch with my family. We were, of course, wearing our orange and blue. Four teenage Bammer boys and a forty-ish man (also in RTR wear) walked out as we were entering, and I smiled and said "Hey" to their father. He just scowled at me like I'd said "Punt, Bama, Punt" or something.

Five minutes later I noticed they had keyed the crap out of my wife's car. I'm talking down to the metal, front and back door on driver's side. No one else was anywhere around.

This is the same town where we saw a guy openly peeing in a very public restaurant parking lot at NOON on a Sunday. Guess what kind of hat he was wearing???

Sorry, had to vent a little. :angry:

well, you can't judge a whole group by a few people's actions. if that were the case, i would have to say that :au: folks are stuck up pompous jerks that think the world revolves around them. i was on the auburn campus quite a few times a few years back seeing a girl i was dating. i was wearing nice blue jeans, timberlands, my fire department shirt and a fire department ball cap. i was dressed pretty casual, but not raggedy. but it seemed like everyone just kind of looks down their nose and kind of scoff at you up there. and judging by some of the people i met there, they all seemed the same. but i know that isn't the case, and as i said, you can't judge a whole group by the actions of a few B)

well, you can't judge a whole group by a few people's actions. if that were the case, i would have to say that :au: folks are stuck up pompous jerks that think the world revolves around them. i was on the auburn campus quite a few times a few years back seeing a girl i was dating. i was wearing nice blue jeans, timberlands, my fire department shirt and a fire department ball cap. i was dressed pretty casual, but not raggedy. but it seemed like everyone just kind of looks down their nose and kind of scoff at you up there. and judging by some of the people i met there, they all seemed the same. but i know that isn't the case, and as i said, you can't judge a whole group by the actions of a few B)

I dare say your actions, rather than your dress, garnered your treatment .

That's doesn't sound like the Auburn I know. It's never been that way before. That sounds like Tuscaloser to me.

That's doesn't sound like the Auburn I know. It's never been that way before. That sounds like Tuscaloser to me.

yeah, i thought we were the barners, the scum of the earth, why oh why would we look down our nose at anything other than the manure we've been scooping all day.

Attended Auburn for 4 wonderful years and never looked at anybody down my nose for how they were dressed and never was looked at funny for how I dressed, just as you described! Now when I was at Auburn my girlfriend just happened to be a " Crimsonette " ...........yes I know she was a Bammer, but her momma was a ALUM from AU! When I would visit T'Town I would be treated like a hillbilly because I was not all J Crewed out..............the AU hat and shirt may have been why they all looked at me funny? So I guess this might not have been the best way to judge all people but I still gave em the 1000 yard stare and a good ole WAR EAGLE and went on my merry way, Becasue yes the world does revolve around AUBURN AND I LOVE IT!

Becasue yes the world does revolve around AUBURN AND I LOVE IT!

Well put.

War Eagle!

Runwithscissors you really need to just give it up. Just because dressed up like the king doesn't mean that you're not an idiot!!!!!!!! Golly, your worse than a Pre-K kid. By the way WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Tidefan221 Tigerheat is right I witnessed seeing the damage and it was ugly as crap!!!!!!

Archived