Coaches you think are gone at season end?

DKW 86

Coaches that are gone by end of the season...  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Fran at TAMU

• Yes
    • NO
  2. 2. Coker at Miami

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Amato at NC State

• Yes
    • No

Brooks @ :uk:

Groh @ UVA (Losing to Western Michigan on Homecoming sealed it)

I don't think Amato makes it till November. Hell, I would not be surprised if they canned him this week.

I think Fran sticks it out another year. Just a gut feeling. I will probably be wrong on this one.

Nutt should have been gone last year. I do not think Frank Broles (sp) can cover for him anymore. Outta there come November.

Croom gets another year. I do not think it makes much of a difference; a delay of the inevitable if you will. Sucks cause I like the guy. I think if he had been anywhere but Miss St he could have made quite a go of it. Hard to get talent to Starkville when you have LSU, Auburn, & Alabama nearby with better campuses and facilities. And two of the three mentioned above having killer programs right now and for the forseeable future. :)

Coker is gone at the end of the season if they start winning ballgames. If they have another (earned) blowout like at Louisville, then he might be packing a bit early.

Orgeron will be hitting the trail. :big:

Brooks @ :uk:

Groh @ UVA (Losing to Western Michigan on Homecoming sealed it)

I think Shula is gone after the thumb game with us...but he also loses to :ut::arky::lsu::uf:

I agree. Kines will take over after the thumb. :lol:

Bobby Bowden? Heck no, FSU will never fire him and I don't think he would want to leave on this dismal season. Who really needs to go from the 'Noles is Offensive Coordinator Jeff Bowden...he has had a few too many seasons preventing the offense from meeting their full potential, only being saved by Mickey Andrews' defense at this point.

Joe Pa may be gone as a result of some health issues during the off season. Has nothing to do with his record though. Papa Bowden will also probably not go until health becomes an issue.

Dan Hawkins at CU has to be on the list. The honeymoon was over after the opening beatdown by Montana St. Rumors of an annulment were in the air the following weekend after in-state rival CSU beat them. A divorce lawyer was called after last weekend's loss to Arizona State. And to think they still have UGA & Mizzou next on the schedule, with Texas Tech, OU, Kansas St & NU later on.

The football fans in Boulder will not stand for a 2-9 record.

unfortunately, croom probably lost his job last week. i was/am rooting for him, but you lose a team with a letdown like that. i'll be surprised if he can pull them back together to be even remotely presentable (although i do expect another egg bowl win, either way). another 2/3 win season and he's done.

coker's gone b/c they're not turning it around.

amato's done. nutt deserves to be done after the idiotic hire he made which took away his best offensive weapons. new system or no, that high school coach is an idiot. YOU DON'T HAVE THE PERSONNEL TO THROW THE BALL 40 TIMES A GAME!

groh's gonna get canned after they keep on losing. fran doesn't deserve his job, but he's gonna get another year if for no other reason than the money. bunting is completely done at unc as well.

Coker keeps cool with rumor of firing

By Christy Cabrera Chirinos

South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Posted September 18 2006

Coral Gables · Only hours after Miami's dismal performance in a 31-7 loss to Louisville on Saturday, rumors began circulating about the fate of Hurricanes coach Larry Coker.

Sports talk radio shows and Internet message boards were buzzing about a possible Sunday meeting between UM trustees, Athletic Director Paul Dee and Coker to discuss the coach's job status.

Sunday morning, however, the Miami media relations staff quickly stressed that no such meeting was scheduled and Coker adamantly said his job was not his biggest worry.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college...sfla-hurricanes

Coker and Amato are as good as gone.

Nutt still to early to tell, win over Bama or LSU would help

Croom and Coach O get another year

Brooks givin' a good year will stay

Dan Hawkins is knocking on the door of the employment office unless something akin to a miracle happens

Archived