Need help for South Carolina game

arnaldoabru

My friends wife cancelled our hotel reservations today.Where is the stadium located so I can hope to find a room nearby.

Seriously, go to

http://uscsports.cstv.com/travel/scar-travel-hotel.html

from the USC Gamecocks site - travel plans.

There are several hotels listed. Williams-Brice stadium is near the fairgrounds. You DON'T want to stay there! There are several hotels in the downtown area (campus is downtown). Columbia is really not all that big - you could stay near the interstate and get there. You'll probably park in the fairgrounds.

"My friends wife cancelled our hotel reservations today"

You mind if I ask why she cancelled the reservations?

"My friends wife cancelled our hotel reservations today"

You mind if I ask why she cancelled the reservations?

haha... I'm quite curious as well...

Why were you staying in a hotel with your friend's wife?

Couldn't be just a friend. That would rate being called best friend!

"Where is your other hand?"

"Between these two pillows."

arnaldoabru ... book yourself a room at the Hampton Inn Airport then tell us how you and/or your buddy pissed his wife off enough to have her cancel your reservations.

"Where is your other hand?"

"Between these two pillows."

Those aren't pillows!

I wish I had a really good story to go with this,but I don't.I guess as Strother Martin said"a failure to communicate."I did find two rooms at a Comfort Suites,supposidly 15 minutes from the Fair Grounds.Thanks, for everyones help.Does anyone know about tailgating at the stadium?

You can tailgate pretty much anywhere you want. I tailgated there a couple weeks ago for the UGA/USC game. People were everywhere tailgating wherever they could. Parking is a mess because the stadium is literally in a business district/the slums. Get there early. Your best bet is to park in the fairgrounds immediately adjacent to the stadium and will cost you $20. Or, if you get there early enough you can park outside the fairgrounds on the side of the street on Bluff Road. That's what I did and was able to zip away after the game with no problems and didn't have to wait forever to get out of the fairgrounds and dodge all the drunks.

If you're coming from Alabama on I-20 take I-26 towards Charleston then I-77 towards Charlotte. You'll be able to see the stadium from 77. Get off at the Bluff Road exit and stay on it, it will take you all the way to the stadium and to the fairgrounds.

Word of advice, be wary of drunk USC fans. I thought LSU fans were violent and full of piss and wind when drunk. Very tame compared to USC fans. I know, I know....I couldn't believe it either.

We were there the last time AU played SC at their stadium. Everyone parked in the fairgrounds parking lot and tailgated out of their car. We didn't set up a tent or anything, just had the cooler and food and drinks. I do remember the visitor's section was in the upper deck. Bring an oxygen tank. And the stadium moves. The upper decks move when everyone is stomping. I doubt they will have much to get excited about, but they are very LOYAL fans. The stadium looks like an upside down claw. Strange.

Impossible to answer. Just stop at one that looks like it should have a health code rating of less than 65. You know it will be delicious.

It may be too early to for you to stop off but if it doesn't matter to you get off at exit 18 on I-20 and go into downtown Aiken, SC. Go to the Aiken Brewing Company (it's a restaurant) and get some of their ribs with the Carolina Mustard sauce. Some of the best ribs this side of Cyclone, TX.

Or you can stop at Maurice's for some fast BBQ. It's pretty good and it's a chain only in Columbia. Here's their LINK.

Archived