UAT's offense

Ranger12

Galen, thats not what im saying. I dont think our point total is impressive at all. But heading into the season, everyone was saying how we were going to be suspect at QB because the guy had no experience.

But after 4 games, Wilson has a 162 passer rating and is only behind Leak, Russell and Ainge. All guys with plenty of weapons and experience.

USC's booty threw 15 more passes for 20 more yards. JPW also ran for 62 yards (after sack yardage removed). USC's top receiver had 72 yards. DJ had 144 and keith 96.

There's nothing JPW has done to indicate that he's just ok.

He's yet to play a team worth a crap on defense. Got to factor that in. There's everything to indicate that so far he's been just okay.

He may turn out to finally be the Willie Bart Steadman Kenny Jeff Stabler Rutledge Starr Namath Shealy you guys have been pining for over the last 400 years, but that overly optimistic assessment isn't warranted just yet.

Leak has played Tennessee. Ainge has played Florida and Cal. Russell played Auburn. Cox has already played LSU and WSU, both 3-1. All of those teams are better than Arkansas, La. Monroe, Hawaii and Vandy, so comparisons with any other SEC QB and Wilson at this point are ridiculously premature.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing wrong with UAT. Coaches always talk about the three phases of the game, well the kicking game lost this game. I believe we did the same thing last year at LSU. I was impressed overall with what I saw. UAT played well enough to win. Sometimes the better team loses because of the way the game is played. Chalk one up for Tuscalooser.

SEems like bama has had several BIG plays...passing plays of 50+, Is that true, BG, win, argo?? have they sustained many drives at all??

SEems like bama has had several BIG plays...passing plays of 50+, Is that true, BG, win, argo?? have they sustained many drives at all??

We've had a few big plays this year, but we're putting up drives. We're averaging 395.5 ypg. Problem is, 5 drives saturday went for 10+ plays, but it only produced 10 points. That's been the problem all year. We can move the ball, and eat the clock....we just can't get it in the endzone. One game it's fumbles inside the 5, and the next it's penalties inside the 5. We are settling for too many FGs.

We are settling for too many FGs.

Despite the slow arc of this softball, I am going to keep my mammoth bat on my shoulder.

Bring it.

We are settling for too many FGs.

Despite the slow arc of this softball, I am going to keep my mammoth bat on my shoulder.

Bring it.

Nah. I'm going to show you what it means to be an Auburn fan. Not our style to kick a guy when he's down.

Guest Tigrinum Major

The play where Arky's offense came out and pitched it back to the running back and the oline was standing on the los while Bama's defense was loafing and the Hogs picked up a big first down. Nutt had them doing that in practice this week because of the new clock rules while Shula is thinking, "What new clock rules?".

Houston Nutt was not responsible for that play. That was the brainchild of one Gus Malzahn. Supposedly, there is a similiar play up his sleeve for our Tigers.

Houston Nutt is somewhere between Shula and a used car salesman. He's backed into two wins the past two weeks because the opposition has had special team issues. My prediction? The SEC West has a new set of coaches (sans one) after the next two years. Miles has a strong possibility to be the only survivor besides Tuberville.

My prediction? The SEC West has a new set of coaches (sans one) after the next two years. Miles has a strong possibility (thank you Nick Saban) to be the only survivor besides Tuberville.

;)

The play where Arky's offense came out and pitched it back to the running back and the oline was standing on the los while Bama's defense was loafing and the Hogs picked up a big first down. Nutt had them doing that in practice this week because of the new clock rules while Shula is thinking, "What new clock rules?".

Houston Nutt was not responsible for that play. That was the brainchild of one Gus Malzahn. Supposedly, there is a similiar play up his sleeve for our Tigers.

Houston Nutt is somewhere between Shula and a used car salesman. He's backed into two wins the past two weeks because the opposition has had special team issues. My prediction? The SEC West has a new set of coaches (sans one) after the next two years. Miles has a strong possibility to be the only survivor besides Tuberville.

Miles is completely unimpressive in my book. He reminds me of those spooky-scary guys who show up on your porch handing out flyers for their "church".

Maybe I'm the only one who noticed this, but during LSU's pre-game warmups, the players got together and were jumping up and down. I'm not a jumping up and down fan to begin with, but I looked over there and right in the middle of the pack, I could see his white hat bobbing up and down like a cork on a troubled sea. If coordinators want to jump up and down, scream and act nuts I'm okay with that. I don't think a head coach should be in there jumping around like that.

He's gassing along on talent right now. Whenever he has to actually coach, he gets his butt kicked. Auburn kicked their butts all over the field last season but we shot ourselves in the foot. Miles certainly didn't do anything to get them a win.

One thing about Bama and I'll never mention them again,unless I HAVE to......ok the tradition continues let's put the Tiffen kid in he's just like his dad ya know...it will be just like the past...just like Mike Shula he also played for Bama when Bama was good he'll be a great coach has the Hannah bloodline continued.....we need new ,old Bama blood.Bama DNA line continues on and on and on....The Kool aid clones...

"I'm not a jumping up and down fan to begin with, but I looked over there and right in the middle of the pack, I could see his white hat bobbing up and down like a cork on a troubled sea."

I disagree with a lot of the stuff you post... but I gotta hand it to you, you've got some great lines. Hilarious!

One thing about Bama and I'll never mention them again,unless I HAVE to......ok the tradition continues let's put the Tiffen kid in he's just like his dad ya know...it will be just like the past...just like Mike Shula he also played for Bama when Bama was good he'll be a great coach has the Hannah bloodline continued.....we need new ,old Bama blood.Bama DNA line continues on and on and on....The Kool aid clones...

What?

What?

Better?

I like Croom. I think CEO is a moron. CHN is living on borrowed time. CMS? I think if he doesnt get over his stubborness about an OC, he will be gone. JPW is already a better qb than Croyle ever was. I dont want an all world beater at qb. I want one that gets the team down the field and puts points on the board. JPW seems to be FAR better at that than Croyle. CMS may have more issues, discipline, than just the O production.

I see 3 for sure gone in two years, and maybe four. This is getting to be a crazy division for college football.

What?

Better?

Duh?? you got the Tiffen kid because of his name?You got Shula because of well he's connected with Bama.Your whole university has to have a link to itself in order to continue.I typed this really slow by the way.Hoped it helped? Now I must go rinse myself clean for having to respond to a bamar.

:au::homer:

Galen, thats not what im saying. I dont think our point total is impressive at all. But heading into the season, everyone was saying how we were going to be suspect at QB because the guy had no experience.

But after 4 games, Wilson has a 162 passer rating and is only behind Leak, Russell and Ainge. All guys with plenty of weapons and experience.

USC's booty threw 15 more passes for 20 more yards. JPW also ran for 62 yards (after sack yardage removed). USC's top receiver had 72 yards. DJ had 144 and keith 96.

There's nothing JPW has done to indicate that he's just ok.

Against WHO???! I think the other guys have played somebody! Bamar hasn't. Not flaming...just a fact.

I'm glad uat's offense is worth a 4 page thread...good grief people, what's there to talk about? :rolleyes:

Well it actually will take more than four pages in order to find their offense.

I'm glad uat's offense is worth a 4 page thread...good grief people, what's there to talk about? :rolleyes:

Which makes this thread as long as the entire Alabama Offensive Playbook! :cheer:

Archived