Can't wait for tonight's Monday night game!!!

tigerfan1234

3/4 of the city is not evacuated. There are about 250,000 people livign in the city once again. About half of the city is still not present. The rest of the metro area has begun to recover or already recovered. That is evident by the fact that 68,000 season tickets have been sold, the most ever in the history of the Saints franchise. I don't understand how a simple post of excitement about a Monday night game has deteriorated to utter vicious hatred.

Yeah, that makes it so much better. 3/4 of the city isn't gone, it's only HALF. And crime is down by 1/8th. Math. Do it.

It's not hate. Why is any opinion that doesn't blow beams of sunshine up somebody's butt characterized as hate? I like orange Italian ice. You don't? What's up with your viclous utter hatred of orange ice? Do you not realize the plight of the orange workers who struggle to pick the fruit that's squeezed to make the juice that flavors the ice? This country was BUILT on the sweat of workers like this. If it werent' for them, there would BE no country. Why can't you just eat the orange Italian ice and LIKE it? Why can't we just be unified? You're not a patriot and you're CERTAINLY not an American if you can't agree that orange Italian ice is delicious. You're a divider. You're a hater.

FWIW? Opinions on New Orleans have nothing to do with rivalry with LSU or being tired of hurricane coverage. I felt the same before the hurricane blew it away and I don't associate N.O. with the redstick bengals. I had hopes that the hurricane might actually clean that garden of snakes up, but it didn't make any difference. In fact, it's probably worse.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My panties are on a little tight? Well, when your family has been through one hell of a year and some jackass on the aunation forum wants to be a prick, then yeah my panties will be in a wad. So screw you. You are the one that started with the really asinine and juvenile comments. Great, you don't like New Orleans and that wasn't the point of my post. This is a huge moment for the city and all I said was that I was excited about tonight. You proceed to cut my home down at every turn and I will defend what I am proud of. My entire family lives there and I grew up there. I am very proud to be from there so you call it what you want( panties in a wad) garbage, but that is my home.

Wow...not sure where all the negativity came from, but for my part I will add in that I too will be rooting for the Saints tonight.

I also love New Orleans. Lived there for five years and think it is a wonderful (though admittedly flawed) place. Great food, wonderful music, beautiful architecture and a real sense of history.

Katrina was horrible, and the government response was just as bad, and I'm glad the Saints can provide some small distraction for the good folks down there.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I, like my friend wes, enjoy a quick trip to New Orleans every now and again. Before the storm, the aquarium and zoo were quite nice. Have they been rebuilt?

However, to call New Orleans one of the world's greatest cities and to say that Louisiana is the reason that the United States was born is bit on the side of hyperbole, don't you think?

See, people, I can be nice when I disagree with rambling idiots...

Yeah and all of you are such experts because you have been there so many times since the storm right? If things are so bad then why don't you get off your hateful azzes and try to do something to help? I don't care if you don't like New Orleans and the Italian ice comment had to be the lamest and dumbest comeback I have ever read. This started as a football post and some of you have turned it into a juvenile third grade bullyfest.

3/4 of the city is not evacuated. There are about 250,000 people livign in the city once again. About half of the city is still not present. The rest of the metro area has begun to recover or already recovered. That is evident by the fact that 68,000 season tickets have been sold, the most ever in the history of the Saints franchise. I don't understand how a simple post of excitement about a Monday night game has deteriorated to utter vicious hatred.

Yeah, that makes it so much better. 3/4 of the city isn't gone, it's only HALF. And crime is down by 1/8th. Math. Do it.

It's not hate. Why is any opinion that doesn't blow beams of sunshine up somebody's butt characterized as hate? I like orange Italian ice. You don't? What's up with your viclous utter hatred of orange ice? Do you not realize the plight of the orange workers who struggle to pick the fruit that's squeezed to make the juice that flavors the ice? This country was BUILT on the sweat of workers like this. If it werent' for them, there would BE no country. Why can't you just eat the orange Italian ice and LIKE it? Why can't we just be unified? You're not a patriot and you're CERTAINLY not an American if you can't agree that orange Italian ice is delicious. You're a divider. You're a hater.

FWIW? Opinions on New Orleans have nothing to do with rivalry with LSU or being tired of hurricane coverage. I felt the same before the hurricane blew it away and I don't associate N.O. with the redstick bengals. I had hopes that the hurricane might actually clean that garden of snakes up, but it didn't make any difference. In fact, it's probably worse.

You like orange Italian ice??? I hate you, I hate you, I HATE you.

What's orange Italian ice? :blink:

tigerfan1234.....call me a jerk if you like but I agree in general with the comments made about N.O. and most of it doesn't have anything to do with it's residents. I have seveal relatives who live in N.O., two of which are on the police force. They will tell you the police are the most corrurpt of any place they know of. That showed during the days following Katrina. I love going to N.O. but I sure as heck would never live there and it is by far not among the best cities I know of. Maybe you need to travel more. I had 10 times rather live in Baton Rouge :P

Having said all that, I will be pulling for the Saints. Why? I'm an oddity in North Alabama in that I hate everything in Atlanta when it comes to sports, the Braves, the Falcons, the Hawks and above all Georgia Tech. There's a long story behind this that I won't go into.

My panties are on a little tight? Well, when your family has been through one hell of a year and some jackass on the aunation forum wants to be a prick, then yeah my panties will be in a wad. So screw you. You are the one that started with the really asinine and juvenile comments. Great, you don't like New Orleans and that wasn't the point of my post. This is a huge moment for the city and all I said was that I was excited about tonight. You proceed to cut my home down at every turn and I will defend what I am proud of. My entire family lives there and I grew up there. I am very proud to be from there so you call it what you want( panties in a wad) garbage, but that is my home.

See, if you had limited your first post to excitement about the football game, I would have simply agreed with you and moved on. Unfortunately you added to your post a ridiculous statement about New Orlean's place in the pantheon of great cities. I called you on it, because I think people who say silly things should know that they've done so. I do this for you, not me. So, basically, this whole thread is your fault. Thanks alot.

I'm referring to the Louisiana Purchase idiot. It double the size of the country which was just thirteen colonies at the time. Yes, the huge addition of land made the United States what it is today.

So you're giving New Orleans credit for that? Now I understand. You aren't thinking things through.

Louisiana -- and New Orleans -- was a part of the purchase. As such, you can't credit it with being the cause of "making the United States".

Here's an analogy for you that illustrates that.

If it werent't for the air conditioning knob, my truck wouldn't exist today.

Make sense? Try following your logic here.

I bought my truck. The United States purchased the Louisiana Territory.

The air conditioning knob didn't buy the truck. Louisiana didn't buy the Louisiana purchase.

The air conditioning knob was a part of that truck. A small part. Louisiana was a part of the purchase. A small part.

That A/C knob isn't the reason I bought it, just a byproduct. Louisisna isn't the only reason the U.S. bought it, just a byproduct.

I'm glad it's there, because I can turn it to make the truck cooler or warmer, but it's not the end all, be all of my truck. Kind of like Louisiana. It's a part of the purchase, but you'd get a lot of argument from people in most of the midwest that it was the only benefit -- or even the most important.

Making sense yet?

You like orange Italian ice??? I hate you, I hate you, I HATE you.

What's orange Italian ice? :blink:

Orange Italian Ice....Orange Italian Ice?!? that is so....so Cheesy...It should be Blue Italian Ice....by no means should we ever change to the orange italian ice...only blue!!! B)

If things are so bad then why don't you get off your hateful azzes and try to do something to help?

Yeah, my sister lived in NO for a month post-Katrina to help rebuild. She was stalked one night and threatened with bodily harm by a fine, outstanding citizen of NO riding around in his rape wagon. The response from the police when she called? "Call us back if anything happens." Face it. Your city is a shythole.

Go Falcons.

Rambling idiot? You guys are such pricks and I am sorry I am an Auburn graduate and fan right now because I expected more from you. I cannot believe the hated from this post. I thought people from Alabama and the rest of the south were different and stuck together, but you guys act just like rude Yankees that I always hear about from southerners. I don't want to ever hear another snide remarck about a Yankee because southerners have now stooped below anything I have ever read or heard about Yankees.

Rambling idiot? You guys are such pricks and I am sorry I am an Auburn graduate and fan right now because I expected more from you. I cannot believe the hated from this post. I thought people from Alabama and the rest of the south were different and stuck together, but you guys act just like rude Yankees that I always hear about from southerners. I don't want to ever hear another snide remarck about a Yankee because southerners have now stooped below anything I have ever read or heard about Yankees.

There you go again with the over the top.

Now we're not good Auburn fans or Auburn graduates because we're not sucking the same N.O. sunshine stream you are?

We're not being good Southerners because you make a ridiculous statement and get called on it?

Just because you're an Auburn fan and a Southerner, we're supposed to "stick together" and agree with whatever absurdity you happen to espouse?

This is PC gone amok. I'm sorry you're an Auburn fan right now, too. You sound more like an LSU fan with all this whining.

If it wasn't for the French settling Louisiana and taking over all of the midwest, the United States would not be what it is today. The French settled the Mississippi Dleta region first so that would make Louisiana and New Orleans a huge piece of the United States puzzle. I didn't say the midwest was not important and for you to try to twist my statement is just ridiculous. Also if it wasn't for the fine folks who defeated the British during the "Battle of New Orleans" then this country would not have been born either. Spin my staement whatever way you like to, but Louisiana and New Orleans in particular are a huge reason why the United States is what it is today.

If it wasn't for the French settling Louisiana and taking over all of the midwest, the United States would not be what it is today. The French settled the Mississippi Dleta region first so that would make Louisiana and New Orleans a huge piece of the United States puzzle. I didn't say the midwest was not important and for you to try to twist my statement is just ridiculous. Also if it wasn't for the fine folks who defeated the British during the "Battle of New Orleans" then this country would not have been born either. Spin my staement whatever way you like to, but Louisiana and New Orleans in particular are a huge reason why the United States is what it is today.

The air conditioner knob in my truck agrees.

The War of 1812 was already over when Andrew Jackson (not from NO) and his army (made up mostly of men from Tennessee) whipped the British in NO. The Battle of NO was not a turning point in that war nor was it crucial in winning a war that was already over.

Try again.

I know I am going to regret getting into this, but the War of 1812 was already over by the time Andrew Jackson defeated the British in N.O.

Oh and I did my part for New Orleans....My tax dollars helped send a lot of displaced people back to New Orleans so they could re-elect their crooked dumb mayor.

Galen, go suck yourself. I'm done with this retarded juvenile catfight. There are many people out there who happen to love New Orleans and all of its history. I wonder why it is one of the top vacation destinations in the entire country? Maybe because people enjoy themselves immensely when they go. Where is Alabama on that list? I don't care if I get banned from aunation for anything that I have said to some of the old-timers. I have been on here long enough to know that there is a little click on here and you guys run the show. You people have spun just about everything I said and ganged up on me for no reason.

I am sorry I am an Auburn graduate and fan right now

Geez, all this time I thought you were an LSU tigah :poke:

You just lost my respect. I can respect your opinions and defending your hometown but I can NEVER, EVER, respect anyone who is sorry they are an Auburn grad. Where's that Ignore button?

but Louisiana and New Orleans in particular are a huge reason why the United States is what it is today.

Going to go out on a limb here, but I'd think that Louisiana and New Orleans in particular are perhaps the least americanized areas in the country and had much less to do with the success of the nation than Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, St. Louis or even Birmingham.

Ah, but noone fighting the actual battle knew the war was over because the messagedidn't egt there until after the battle. This is ticky tack bull**** anyway. The battle is listed in every history book ever printed about America. The battle played a large role in America's psyche that they could be a great nation. the battle played a large role in the demise of the British military because they were defeated by a bunch of rag tag settlers. Spin it whatever way you want, but the battle took place in New Orleans, people died, and the rag tag group of settlers whipped the British a**. So the war was officially over, yes. The Battle of New Orleans was the exclamation point.

Archived