What Would You Have Done?

AUesquire

If I could manage the clock to get it down under a minute when I kicked the chip shot field goal, I'd do the same. However, JC would have been doing the kicking. I understand most Bama fans being P.O.'d at the overall play calling and use, or lack thereof, of the right players. But winning tight games at the end has been CMFS's trademark all through last year and so far this year. The strategy at the end was correct IMO but I agree with the complaints about not using your personnel to fit their strengths during the game.

I agree in principle but remember Christiansen has been shaky at times too. I'm not sure I would have put him in at that time after he has been out all season. Tough decision.

I agree in principle but remember Christiansen has been shaky at times too. I'm not sure I would have put him in at that time after he has been out all season. Tough decision.

Have you heard anyone answer the question of why Christiansen was not too hurt to kick off?

Have you heard anyone answer the question of why Christiansen was not too hurt to kick off?

Kicker aims with his toe and it was a nasty break

Yep, kicking off and kicking FGs are two different things. Anyone want Matt Clark kicking FGs?

I don't see much of a difference in this years Turd team than I did last year's team. The only difference is they missed the kick this time.

Alright, the proverbial cow dung is hitting the fan on Finedong about CMFS not being the coach for Bama and how "We knew it all along". I heard long time Bama callers on our local talk show this morning saying the same thing and the Sunday paper had the Bama beat writer serving up a real healthy dose of "It's all Mikey's fault."

Now, I admit that being in JH while the majority of the Bama game was on, I only got to watch the last minute or two and the overtimes. So, I don't pretend to know what happened during the course of the game. But the main complaints I've read and heard are as follows:

1. CMFS took the ball out of SJPWs hands at the end of the game and played for a field goal when they got in Arky's red zone. Ran 3 very conservative running plays.

2. Never attempted to get Darby outside during the game. Ran him continuously between the tackles where he's least effective.

3. Never should have let a shakey Leigh Tiffen kick at the end and should have replaced him with Christensen.

Based on the above, I've heard a constant stream of firemikeshula.com talk today. Question: What do you do if you're in that situation? Do you play for the field goal? Do you continue to run your offense and let SJPW take a shot or two at the endzone? If you decide to kick it, do you replace Tiffen with JC? Or do you skip all of the above and go for some ice cream?

Thoughts?

i

#3.... But HIS name isn't Tiffin...or he would've been kicking the whole game. :blink:

:au::homer:

Yep, kicking off and kicking FGs are two different things. Anyone want Matt Clark kicking FGs?

Don't know. I have never seen him kick field goals.

Thanks for telling me the difference. I have never been a kicker or around people who were.

The thing is, I would imagine that since Christensen was their field goal kicker all of last year, I would think he gets his reps during the week and in warmups, just like our kickers and punters do. If CMFS doesn't have at least someone getting some reps as a backup, then THAT'S a problem. How many clutch kicks did JC make last year? And he's not ready to jump on that stage again and kick a chippy?

Archived