Harris Poll out

TitanTiger

Closed the gap on USC from 22 pts to 11 pts this week.

1. Ohio State (110)

2. USC (2)

3. Auburn (1)

4. Michigan

5. Florida (1) (tie)

5. West Virginia (tie)

7. Louisville

8. Texas

9. LSU

10. Georgia

11. Oregon

12. Notre Dame

13. Tennessee

14. Oklahoma

15. Clemson

16. California

17. Florida State

18. Iowa

19. Virginia Tech

20. Georgia Tech

21. Nebraska

22. Boise State

23. Missouri

24. Rutgers

25. Boston College

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/harris.htm

Florida better enjoy this week in the top 10...won't be that way after LSU and Auburn get a hold of that @$$.

And Georgia is almost trying to lose ballgames. I think it hits home this weekend after UT bounces them out of the top 10 as well.

I watched most of the USC v. WSU game. WSU had every opportunity to win that game. They were within striking distance. They had USC pinned on the 1/2 yard line after a great special teams play on a punt. Then get called for PI to get USC out past the 25 or 30 yard line.

USC did not look very good in that game. WSU was able to move the ball pretty easily. It brings up the argument of moving top ranked teams b/c of a bad performance one week even though they win. But looking over all a teams games is the way to judge how good a team is. I have seen USC play a couple of times, and I think a decent defensive team gives them some problems, along with a strong offensive team. I think WVU, LSU, AU, and UF could/would beat USC.

19. Virginia Tech

20. Georgia Tech

Says a lot about the poll system right there.

You said it. Georgia Tech whips up and down the field and still is ranked below them. GT is at least a top 15 team if you ask me, and considering some of the teams that would be ahead of them like Georgia, Oregon, and West Virginia has not played anybody yet, I would have them close to be a top 10 team.

19. Virginia Tech

20. Georgia Tech

Says a lot about the poll system right there.

Thats a load of crap right there.......

When does the BCS come out?

I agree 100%. The coaches’ poll has VT ranked # 18 and GT #20. I just don’t understand their logic. It’s not like they just squeaked out a win either. (Not that it should matter if they did.) They came into their house and beat them 38-27. They entered the 4th quarter with a commanding 38-13 lead for crying out loud. Another thing I noticed about the coaches’ poll was Clemson and FSU. Clemson is ranked higher this week, (CU #15 and FSU #16) but last week Clemson was #19 and FSU was #17. Clemson beat them 27-20 @ Tallahassee Sept. 16th.

Coaches' Poll

Hypothetical question, If Georgia Tech were 2-3 and Va Tech was 4-1 would you still think Ga Tech should be ranked ahead of Va Tech?

My point better team doesn't always win. I personally think Va Tech is a better team than Ga Tech. I also think right now LSU is a better team than Auburn just not on the day we played them.

Hypothetical question, If Georgia Tech were 2-3 and Va Tech was 4-1 would you still think Ga Tech should be ranked ahead of Va Tech?

My point better team doesn't always win. I personally think Va Tech is a better team than Ga Tech. I also think right now LSU is a better team than Auburn just not on the day we played them.

No I wouldn't. But considering the both have the same record and GT beat the crap out of VT, how can you not say GT is not the better team. We barely beat LSU, but GT gave VT a good ole' fashion butt kicking. The final score make it seem like it was a little closer, but GT called off the dogs.

Some days the lessor team just fires on all cylinders and is able to have a convincing victory over a better team. It's unexplainable to me but it just happens from time to time. A good example is last year, Ga Tech dominated us but I didn't at any point think they were the better team.

But you'll notice in the harris they are right next to each other VT 19 GT 20. How hard was it really to just switch the two based on the win and dominating performance by GT.

FOUR SEC Teams in the top TEN. WHAT a WEAK league.

All I can say is geaux Tigers!

I know it would help us if Florida were #5 or #4 when they come in here, but I have a hard time pullin for UF.

i cant understand why Georgia continues to remian in the Top 10.....in their past 2 games they have won by a total of 8 points over opponents whose combined record is 1-9. Wow, what a top 10 team.

All I can say is geaux Tigers!

I know it would help us if Florida were #5 or #4 when they come in here, but I have a hard time pullin for UF.

Nope I disagree, gotta pull for the Gators this week..two fold, gives one in our division another loss and I want UF to be as high as possible and undefeated when we play them at home.

No what I want is a total slobberknocker, 6 OT UF Win!

Archived