David the Prophet speaks....

DKW 86

I just want to put this here for posterity.

After listenining to the radio this PM, I am already hearing a buzz that I predicted early on.

The Kool-Aid will pour forth on Alabama for the 2007 season. I hereby claim to be the first to say it here in the Woodshed. Bama will be picked pretty high (#8?) next year and we will spend everyday from January 9th onward in 2007 hearing about "Alabama is Back" and that they are focusing in on a MNC for 2007.

FYI

2007 Schedule

09/01 - Louisiana-Monroe W

09/08 - Vanderbilt* W

09/15 - Arkansas* W Most likely, but wait on MM to mature.

09/22 - Georgia* Very interesting game...

09/29 - Florida State WOW! back to back as well.

10/06 - Houston better than anyone remembers them being.

10/13 - Ole Miss* naybe first year they are really competitiive since 2003.

10/20 - Tennessee* How good will UT Be? Pretty good, they always are.

11/03 - Mississippi State* W

11/10 - LSU* Even in Bammer eyes. Due to win this game.

11/17 - Auburn* Even in Bammer eyes. Due to win this game.

they are focusing in on a MNC for 2007.

....just like the other 118 teams in Div. 1-A. Very cutting edge. Welcome to the big show, Bammer. Good luck with that.

they are focusing in on a MNC for 2007.

....just like the other 118 teams in Div. 1-A. Very cutting edge. Welcome to the big show, Bammer. Good luck with that.

The over riding question is: Will sally jesse win the Heisman as a Junior or as a Senior...or both?

The over riding question is: Will sally jesse win the Heisman as a Junior or as a Senior...or both?

Actually poking at our QB play is a pretty weak effort considering what he's done this year.

I just want to put this here for posterity.

After listenining to the radio this PM, I am already hearing a buzz that I predicted early on.

The Kool-Aid will pour forth on Alabama for the 2007 season. I hereby claim to be the first to say it here in the Woodshed. Bama will be picked pretty high (#8?) next year and we will spend everyday from January 9th onward in 2007 hearing about "Alabama is Back" and that they are focusing in on a MNC for 2007.

FYI

2007 Schedule

09/01 - Louisiana-Monroe W

09/08 - Vanderbilt* W

09/15 - Arkansas* W Most likely, but wait on MM to mature.

09/22 - Georgia* Very interesting game...

09/29 - Florida State WOW! back to back as well.

10/06 - Houston better than anyone remembers them being.

10/13 - Ole Miss* naybe first year they are really competitiive since 2003.

10/20 - Tennessee* How good will UT Be? Pretty good, they always are.

11/03 - Mississippi State* W

11/10 - LSU* Even in Bammer eyes. Due to win this game.

11/17 - Auburn* Even in Bammer eyes. Due to win this game.

Unless Bama wins two of the three remaining "big" games they won't be Top Ten next season. If they lose only those games (UT, LSU, AU) they'll start somewhere between 15 - 22. If they drop a game to one of the gimme schools (UM, MSU) which isn't likely they'll open the year in the 22 - 25 range.

I did hear a radio show last night where they were examining their chances for winning the NC next season and the homer host noted how important it was for them to pick up a win in the three remaining big games so they wouldn't get "Auburned" by starting out too far from the chase.

Actually poking at our QB play is a pretty weak effort considering what he's done this year.

Yes, BG, he's been just freakin' amazing. Perhaps the greatest quarterback I've ever seen in my life. He makes Vince Young look like a stooge. Bill Bellichek told that Brady mutt to get lost in hopes he could draft they guy at some point in the future. I'm building a statue of him in my yard right now. I've got diapers on my dog and as soon as he makes enough material, I'll be able to finish it.

He's better than average. He's better than Brodie -- but that's not saying much. Don't fire up the hype machine just yet.

BG- I'm actually starting to worry about you a little bit. I've been reading this board for over three years now and I always thought you and South Link were the two best rival posters on this board and any board. No matter what was going on with your team good or bad you would call them out. Let’s just say you weren’t a typical Bammer. But every since the Simpson debacle you've not been the same BG. Are we a little bitter this season?

BG- I'm actually starting to worry about you a little bit. I've been reading this board for over three years now and I always thought you and South Link were the two best rival posters on this board and any board. No matter what was going on with your team good or bad you would call them out. Let’s just say you weren’t a typical Bammer. But every since the Simpson debacle you've not been the same BG. Are we a little bitter this season?

So because Im not willing to concede to the premise that we have poor QB play...im bitter?

Dude, look at what JPW has done this year...as a first year starter...and then ask yourself why I would respond the way I did. Pretty obvious I think.

ALL i said was that maybe, if you are going to poke at our team...QB might not be the best place to pick.

I didnt say he was heisman ready. Or the best QB in the league. But its obvious to anyone that's watched football before. He's good. And has the potential to be great.

So because Im not willing to concede to the premise that we have poor QB play...im bitter?

Dude, look at what JPW has done this year...as a first year starter...and then ask yourself why I would respond the way I did. Pretty obvious I think.

ALL i said was that maybe, if you are going to poke at our team...QB might not be the best place to pick.

I didnt say he was heisman ready. Or the best QB in the league. But its obvious to anyone that's watched football before. He's good. And has the potential to be great.

I'm pretty sure I heard this about Brodie after the Arky game in 02. I'm just :poke: , Wilson has done better than most predicted for him so far.

We should be pretty good in 07. Gotta get some LBs and an RB though. If nobody steps up, it'll be another 8 win year that nobody will remember 10 years downfield.

RBs will be fine.

LBs im not so sure.

Upchurch is a beast. LBs will be VERY weak unless we sign some freshman studs that can play right away. QB and WR will be our strong suit assuming Keith and DJ stick around.

Coffee & Sharrief do little for me in the RB department, btw.

BG3 and wincrimson,

You guys can have all the talent in the world, but until UAT hires a real coach that knows how to do something with that talent, you guys are not going to be able to compete in the SEC West. Last year's record was a fluke for Mike Shula. He had a crappy record as an assitant in the pros and his record at UAT right now is 24-19 I believe. Wow, without that 10-2 season last year, he would be below .500 at UAT. But, I guess you could cut him some slack on that first season since given the circumstances he came in under. Shula may eventually become a good coach when he is much older and has learned alot more, but right now, he is not going to get UAT anywhere in the near future.

fliper has got ONE more year. You know it...I know it...THEY know it. B)

BG3 and wincrimson,

You guys can have all the talent in the world, but until UAT hires a real coach that knows how to do something with that talent, you guys are not going to be able to compete in the SEC West. Last year's record was a fluke for Mike Shula. He had a crappy record as an assitant in the pros and his record at UAT right now is 24-19 I believe. Wow, without that 10-2 season last year, he would be below .500 at UAT. But, I guess you could cut him some slack on that first season since given the circumstances he came in under. Shula may eventually become a good coach when he is much older and has learned alot more, but right now, he is not going to get UAT anywhere in the near future.

If CTT started his first season in 2003, and i took 25 of the BEST players on the team, and gave them to someone else...what do you think his record would be?

What was CTT's record through 3 seasons?

What is CTT's record over the last 18 games? (here's a hint, its the same as Shulas)

BG3 and wincrimson,

Ssssssshhhhhhh!

BG3 and wincrimson,

If CTT started his first season in 2003, and i took 25 of the BEST players on the team, and gave them to someone else...what do you think his record would be?

What was CTT's record through 3 seasons?

What is CTT's record over the last 18 games? (here's a hint, its the same as Shulas)

:roflol::roflol::roflol: I can't even believe you attempted to make a comparison between CTT and Shula. You even went as far as to choose an arbitrary number as 18 games so you could reach at some type of similarity.

I could throw so many realistic stats at you comparing CTT to Shula that you cry seeing how small Shula looks compared to CTT. SEC record, SEC West championships, bowl games, etc. The list could go on and on. Oh, there is that one other stat also, how many times has Shula beaten CTT? Anybody? :big:

Hmmm, lets see.... That would be

NEVER

Archived