Biggest Game in AU history?

TigerMom

What do you all think about this Saturday? With all the hype and ESPN and all, do you think this will be bigger than any :au: vs :ua: game? What about the 2001 :au: vs :uf: or even the 2004 :au: vs :uga: games? What are your thoughts? I know the potential is there to beat the gators - it IS the SEC, but what do you think of all the hype? I know it is a sell-out and they are expecting a HUGE turnout. It WILL be CRAZY!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's still HUGE! But the UGA game in 2004 was crazy!

Auburn has a lot on the line this week! Silence the haters, or strike up the band!

BEAT THE LIZARDS!

I gotta say this one isn't even on my radar. I'm not feeling it. Blame it on age, grouchiness, whatever. I'm just not mentally there. This game certainly doesn't move me like others have in the past. Can't even fake it.

I'm just going by what I have heard and the hype from ESPN. I know we may not all be excited - but I think the sheer number of people here will be incredible. I just hope they are not all Florida fans.

I gotta say this one isn't even on my radar. I'm not feeling it. Blame it on age, grouchiness, whatever. I'm just not mentally there. This game certainly doesn't move me like others have in the past. Can't even fake it.

I feel the same. Had Auburn won, I might of agreed on the biggest game ever, but that didn't happen so no need to bring it up

1989 Alabama biggest ever. End of discussion.

ditto, nothing even comes close

What they said and I wasn't even in country to see it.

Tighten that loose screw and get onboard. This game is huge! Win, and we are back in the top 5, lose and the season is over. It is that simple. If you can't get excited about this game, forget it.

This game is BIG. This game will set the stage for the rest of the Season...One way or the other.

Get there early and be prepared to stay LATE! ! !

WDE.......O N E at a time.

3 of the Biggest games in AU History

17-16 PUNT BAMA PUNT

23-22 Bo Over the Top Bama Game in Birmingham.. Win for PD Over BB

1989 Bama Comes to AUBURN for the first time...(They said that will never Happen)

What do you all think about this Saturday? With all the hype and ESPN and all, do you think this will be bigger than any :au: vs :ua: game? What about the 2001 :au: vs :uf: or even the 2004 :au: vs :uga: games? What are your thoughts? I know the potential is there to beat the gators - it IS the SEC, but what do you think of all the hype? I know it is a sell-out and they are expecting a HUGE turnout. It WILL be CRAZY!

If Auburn can find a way to win this one, it should end up being one of the biggest in history.

One reason...the future of this program hangs in the balance. If CTT can live up to his standards of knocking off top teams, then Auburn gets right back up off the ground and into contention for the SEC West again. If not, then more and more questions will surface about the future of the program.

Just MHO.

3 of the Biggest games in AU History

17-16 PUNT BAMA PUNT

23-22 Bo Over the Top Bama Game in Birmingham.. Win for PD Over BB

1989 Bama Comes to AUBURN for the first time...(They said that will never Happen)

I'd add 1993 - undefeated season.

:au: 22

:ua: 14

2004 :uga: game was by far the biggest non- :ua: game I've personally experienced, but not even it came closing to matching the sheer intensity of an Iron Bowl . . .

None of the above, however, should diminish what :au: can accomplish this weekend. All can be made well in just three short days . . . Anyone else see the sign up ahead? It reads: R-E-D-E-M-P-T-I-O-N.

:au:

Isn't it amazing GalensGhost how a little age and maturity will keep the emotions in check..... I used to be sick by game time and walk the house when at home and smoke cigarettes. Now I've quit smoking and quit walking the house. I figure, hey, I can't play a down and I can't call a play, so what the Heck. Besides, being an armchair QB is more fun because i don't have to take the abuse when I make a mistake. Isn't it more fun now? No, this is not the biggest game ever but it IS the next game in a hopeful season. Lets go tigers. WDE! :cheer::au:

1989 Iron Bowl was probably the biggest game in AU history. And the victory was won the day it was scheduled, not when we beat the Tide on the field (though that was nice too. :big: ).

Two other biggies no one mentioned:

1892 Georgia game. First time the Tigers took the field.

2004 SECCG. Our first win in the SECCG.

This is going to be one of the biggest games, but not the biggest. I agree that the 1989 Iron Bowl was the biggest game in school history.

It is really important to win this one this weekend, though.

December 2nd 1989, no doubt. There will never be one bigger for our program. On that day we gained equal footing with 'tha unavusutie' for the first time ever.

IMO #2 is the 1984 Sugar Bowl. That game put us on the CFB map.

I was only 5 years old in 1989, so I can't comment on that one.

Ouch! That one stings a little.

So was I - that's partially why I say it's the best too. I was downtown as they rolled Toomer's til 5 AM.

The UGA game in 04 was crazy. Also, the hype and atmosphere leading up to the USC game in 03 was pretty insane also. I think this game would have trounced both of those had we beat arky.

This is a biggie no doubt. The 1989 game was the biggest game in AU history and will always sit atop the mountain though. The only game that will top the '89 game is the day we win the national title outright. I believe the moment will come sooner than expected. We are not that far off right now, just a couple pieces missing.

Archived