Biggest Game in AU history?

TigerMom

I haven't "determined" any "criteria," and I didn't gave a definition - "snitty," or otherwise - regarding "what a real Auburn fan is," and I wouldn't presume to. That said, do you seriously think that the statement that that the implications of this weekend's game (given, among other things, that we're hosting the #2 team in the nation, that a win keeps :au: in the SEC championship hunt, puts :au: right back in the race for a BCS bowl and within shouting distance of the BCS title race - and, only slightly less significantly, that I HATE Florida!!! ;) ) are "extremely minimal" - no matter what the context - reflects that the person who made it has "earned [their] stripes" as an :au: fan?? (The implication - clearly, I thought - was that, just b/c we lost to :arky: , we might as well write off the rest of the year.) That was the initial statement, and I stand by my response. Rugby made a clarification, and I accepted it and revised my response accordingly. Move on.

Well, actually, since I'm up on my horse, while I encourage you to disagree with me all day long if that's your wish, please give the name-calling a rest. I know I'm not one of the old guard around here, but I've never stooped to that kind of nonsense. (And I'd like to think that if I ever did, I'd come up with something better than "Francis" or "noodle-neck. B) )

Whewww, I feel better. NOW move on.

WAR EAGLE!! BEAT UF !!

:au:

Not in the mood to engage in a match of urine strength.

If you were one of the regulars, you'd have recognized the Francis reference. As you're not, you get a pass on that one. If you choose to get offended by the term noodle neck, I fear for your emotional state. Noodle neck, as it were, was about the kindest thing I could think of at the moment. While it doesn't have the punch of, say, asshat or the creative zip of, say, turd herder it's not without merit.

It's a touchy subject here when someone -- you or anyone else -- attempts to chide others for not being "true Auburn fans" when their opinion or action does not agree with your view of how things should be. It was one of the first lessons I learned when I started posting here. Just passing on the wisdom. What you do with it is your choice.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we need real :au: fans in the stands!!

It's not up to you, Francis, to determine who is and who isn't a "real" Auburn fan.

You must see the world very clearly from up on that high horse.

You're the one on a horse with your determinations of who is and who isn't an Auburn fan based on criteria you determined yourself. Nobody really cares what your snitty definition of what an Auburn fan is. Some of us -- in fact most of the ones here I know -- have earned our stripes and we don't need some noodle-neck to tell us whether or not we're "true" fans.

How many games have you been to this year? Do you live so far away that you can't travel to Auburn?

How is that any of your business? And how does it play into my allegiance to the Tigers?

FYI? I've missed one game this season in person. Not that it matters.

Dangerous ground, Ty. You don't want to walk on it.

I was in school at :au: for the '86-'90 football seasons. We had some great years and some big games. However, the 1989 'bama game was 10 fold more intense than any other game I have ever witnessed. I couldnt talk for a week after the game, and I dont know how many rolls of tp we threw in the trees that night. I hope to be losing my voice again this weekend and throwing a little tp to boot.

War Damn Eagle.

It's not up to you, Francis, to determine who is and who isn't a "real" Auburn fan.

You're the one on a horse with your determinations of who is and who isn't an Auburn fan based on criteria you determined yourself. Nobody really cares what your snitty definition of what an Auburn fan is. Some of us -- in fact most of the ones here I know -- have earned our stripes and we don't need some noodle-neck to tell us whether or not we're "true" fans.

How many games have you been to this year? Do you live so far away that you can't travel to Auburn?

What is your favorite flower? How many times have your worn brown socks this week? Do you sleep on your back or your stomach? Less filling or tastes great?

I ask these trivial and irrelevant questions to illustrate a point. Tell me you're smart enough to grasp it.

How is that any of your business? And how does it play into my allegiance to the Tigers?

No, it does matter. Dangerous ground? I think not. I have only recently started posting, but have read here for some time. Your ramblings, and threats for that matter, do not bother me. My thought was that you are one of those "fans" who run their mouth and think that they know it all, but rarely attend a game. I stand corrected. You do, at least you say do, attend games. The rest is still true.

No, it does matter. Dangerous ground? I think not. I have only recently started posting, but have read here for some time. Your ramblings, and threats for that matter, do not bother me. My thought was that you are one of those "fans" who run their mouth and think that they know it all, but rarely attend a game. I stand corrected. You do, at least you say do, attend games. The rest is still true.

P.S. I will walk where I want to walk.

What is your favorite flower? How many times have your worn brown socks this week? Do you sleep on your back or your stomach? Less filling or tastes great?

I ask these trivial and irrelevant questions to illustrate a point. Tell me you're smart enough to grasp it.

I started not to reply to your nonsense, but I couldn't help it. Why must you always interject your large nose where it is not needed? Is it habit or a compulsion? Stay out of the way. If I need your opinion, I will give it to you. Good Day.

I started not to reply to your nonsense, but I couldn't help it. Why must you always interject your large nose where it is not needed? Is it habit or a compulsion? Stay out of the way. If I need your opinion, I will give it to you. Good Day.

Ooooh, this about to get really good. I'm going to get some popcorn.

As you were gentlemen.

Let me first state for the record that I don't give a fat rat's ass what kind of "fan" you think I am. I don't need your approval or your validation to know whether or not I am an Auburn fan.

For your information, attendance at a game is not a prerequisite for having an opinion nor is it a requirement for expressing said opinion. It most certainly does NOT matter how many games a person has been able to attend in person when it comes to evaluating their allegiance. My grandmother sent four children to college often working two jobs just to manage. She donated money to Auburn every year after she retired and her children had graduated. She was one of the most passionate fans I have ever met. She listened to or watched every game she possibly could. But until I took her to her first and only football game in 1990, she had NEVER been. You're going to tell me that just because you park your dimpled ass on a stadium seat more often than she did that you have some kind of moral superiority? I don't think so. You couldn't be more wrong.

I have zero use and even less respect for people like you who choose to make blanket judgements about people and their "rights" to express an opinion because they don't conform to your misguided, immature and ignorant standards. Grow up.

You may walk where you want, smart ass, but you may not enjoy the journey.

Let me first state for the record that I don't give a fat rat's ass what kind of "fan" you think I am. I don't need your approval or your validation to know whether or not I am an Auburn fan.

For your information, attendance at a game is not a prerequisite for having an opinion nor is it a requirement for expressing said opinion. It most certainly does NOT matter how many games a person has been able to attend in person when it comes to evaluating their allegiance. My grandmother sent four children to college often working two jobs just to manage. She donated money to Auburn every year after she retired and her children had graduated. She was one of the most passionate fans I have ever met. She listened to or watched every game she possibly could. But until I took her to her first and only football game in 1998, she had NEVER been. You're going to tell me that just because you park your dimpled ass on a stadium seat more often than she did that you have some kind of moral superiority? I don't think so. You couldn't be more wrong.

I have zero use and even less respect for people like you who choose to make blanket judgements about people and their "rights" to express an opinion because they don't conform to your misguided, immature and ignorant standards. Grow up.

Don't worry about it. He looks ridiculous for so strongly admonishing me for my suggestion that this saturday's game is NOT the "Biggest game in AU history," and that perhaps I don't deserve to be at the game this saturday. Since when do Tiger fans dictate who does and doesn't belong there? As long as you're wearing orange and blue, you're all right with me.

For your information, attendance at a game is not a prerequisite for having an opinion nor is it a requirement for expressing said opinion. It most certainly does NOT matter how many games a person has been able to attend in person when it comes to evaluating their allegiance. My grandmother sent four children to college often working two jobs just to manage. She donated money to Auburn every year after she retired and her children had graduated. She was one of the most passionate fans I have ever met. She listened to or watched every game she possibly could. But until I took her to her first and only football game in 1990, she had NEVER been. You're going to tell me that just because you park your dimpled ass on a stadium seat more often than she did that you have some kind of moral superiority? I don't think so. You couldn't be more wrong.

Oh BOO HOO! Would you like some Cheese with that Whine? Get your feelings hurt, did you? My point is that you are always running around here popping off at the mouth about how much you know, who you know, how everyone who doesn't agree with your small-minded, un-educated ramblings is wrong. YADA< YADA< YADA. AND when someone calls you on it, all you can do is call them names. YOU are the one who needs to grow up. By the way, I don't know what man's ass you look at on a daily basis, that is none of my business, but it isn't mine, nor will it ever be. I could care less about your Grandmother. I asked a simple question. Oh, by the way, I will lose SO MUCH sleep over what someone like you thinks about me...NOT!

Ooooohhh a scathing rebuttal. That one has to leave a mark and send Double G reeling. But, if I know the Ghostly One, he's got something up his sleeve.

You're right Bob. He's a tricky one, that Ghost. Never count him out. I've seen him come back too many times before.

Oh BOO HOO! Would you like some Cheese with that Whine? Get your feelings hurt, did you? My point is that you are always running around here popping off at the mouth about how much you know, who you know, how everyone who doesn't agree with your small-minded, un-educated ramblings is wrong. YADA< YADA< YADA. AND when someone calls you on it, all you can do is call them names. YOU are the one who needs to grow up. By the way, I don't know what man's ass you look at on a daily basis, that is none of my business, but it isn't mine, nor will it ever be. I could care less about your Grandmother. I asked a simple question. Oh, by the way, I will lose SO MUCH sleep over what someone like you thinks about me...NOT!

My feelings aren't hurt at all. I was merely trying to make a point and misjudged your level of intelligence and ability to comprehend it. You're clearly not mature enough to take the information I posted and make a rational, logical deduction from it. So let me spell it out for you clearly:

You don't have a monopoly on Auburn fandom because you attend a game. Plopping your ass on an aluminum bleacher doesn't give your opinion any additional veracity. When you arrogantly assume it does and postulate as much it only makes you look foolish. A game ticket does not give you the right to deride others who may not attend a game.

I find it terribly amusing that someone whose reply fairly reeks of fifth grade would chide someone for being "small minded". Are you really in elementary school are you just another liberal who tries to categorize everything that challenges his skewed world view? Will you next accuse me of being "mean-spirited"? That's the usual track.

So much to ridicule here. "All" I can do is call people names? Interesting. You'd think that after 1500 or more posts, I'd run out of names to call people. And who do I know? I don't know you, thank goodness. I do know a few people who post here regularly -- and not in the Biblical sense -- and I'm really glad they're not like you. I realize that as Auburn grows in popularity, it will pick up more fans like you, it's just one of the sad side effects of dominance.

Go find another sandbox in which to play. I've already wasted more than enough time of my time on someone who doesn't have the capacity to learn and isn't smart enough to be stop talking when he should be paying attention.

Ooooohhh a scathing rebuttal. That one has to leave a mark and send Double G reeling. But, if I know the Ghostly One, he's got something up his sleeve.

You're right Bob. He's a tricky one, that Ghost. Never count him out. I've seen him come back too many times before.

beatdown has come and gone, like a ghost.

Auburn needs to win, bad

Booya. It looks like the momentum has completely changed with one decisive blow from the King of Comebacks...Master G. He never ceases to amaze me Ted.

Fo shizzle my nizzle there Bob. Just can't see 34 having anything left in the tank after that one. I'd sure hate to match wits with the G-Man, Ted.

Word to your mother Bob

Say what?

Booya. It looks like the momentum has completely changed with one decisive blow from the King of Comebacks...Master G. He never ceases to amaze me Ted.

Fo shizzle my nizzle there Bob. Just can't see 34 having anything left in the tank after that one. I'd sure hate to match wits with the G-Man, Ted.

Word to your mother Bob

Say what?

Psst...your schizophrenia is flaring up again.

You know, I don't normally do this. But I make exceptions for peckerheads.

1. This is a public forum. If you don't like someone stepping into the conversation, learn the joys of private email conversation.

2. The day that you have even a scintilla of actual power or authority to tell me or anyone else when to speak up to combat your blithering idiocy, we'll take you seriously. Until then, know your place.

3. Pull one more stunt like this...I mean even a hint and you are gone. I've been tired of your bulls**t for some time now but have tried to let it go. But you talk way too much junk.

Frankly, the mere act of being a moderator or admin on this forum gives that person the right to interject into any conversation, tell people to knock it off, instruct anyone to cease talking about a subject or any other thing they deem permissible by the rules and necessary to keep this forum a good one. So you don't get to tell me or any other person helping run this place a damn thing. Not for long anyway.

So to review...you can stay, post your opinions, and put on your big girl panties and deal with it when the inevitable rolling of eyes and disagreement comes. Or you can continue running that fat yap of yours and end up finding another forum to pollute with your nonsense.

Is that absolutely f***ing clear, assclown?

Tygerman34 and JB33,

This is a warning. If you guys can't talk without questioning somebody's loyalty, then I suggest you take a break. Just because somebody does not agree with your view or does not get to go to all the games or even one game a year does not make them less of a fan then you. To even ask how many games somebody has been too is playground bs. I have not been to a game since 2003. I only live in North Alabama, so are you going to question my loyalaty because of that? Some people have comittments to jobs, kids, etc, that keep them from traveling to Auburn on Saturdays.

Again, just because somebody does not share your same opinion, does not mean they are not as loyal as a fan as you. When you say things like that, it actually makes you sound like you are in the third grade. I advise you respect the admins of this board, like TitanTiger, or go elsewhere. You show a lack of maturity in your posts. Grow up.

I understand the implications of this game, but I am not getting all fired up about it. I have other thingss through the week that need my attention. I'll get fired up before the game sometime Saturday. However, to call this the biggest game ever would be overstating it. Right now, I can think of other games we have played that were bigger. But, we will not know until after this season if this Saturday was the biggest or not. There are still more games to play after Florida.

Tygerman34 and JB33,

This is a warning. If you guys can't talk without questioning somebody's loyalty, then I suggest you take a break. Just because somebody does not agree with your view or does not get to go to all the games or even one game a year does not make them less of a fan then you. To even ask how many games somebody has been too is playground bs. I have not been to a game since 2003. I only live in North Alabama, so are you going to question my loyalaty because of that? Some people have comittments to jobs, kids, etc, that keep them from traveling to Auburn on Saturdays.

Again, just because somebody does not share your same opinion, does not mean they are not as loyal as a fan as you. When you say things like that, it actually makes you sound like you are in the third grade. I advise you respect the admins of this board, like TitanTiger, or go elsewhere. You show a lack of maturity in your posts. Grow up.

I understand the implications of this game, but I am not getting all fired up about it. I have other thingss through the week that need my attention. I'll get fired up before the game sometime Saturday. However, to call this the biggest game ever would be overstating it. Right now, I can think of other games we have played that were bigger. But, we will not know until after this season if this Saturday was the biggest or not. There are still more games to play after Florida.

Oh boy. Look:

1. I say again, Rugby made a comment that (as it was initially, literally stated - i.e., that the implications of this weekend's game are "extremely minimal") I took to mean (reasonably, I think) that the loss to :arky: basically ruined the rest of the season. I thought that idea was ridiculous, and I think most anyone else - "real :au: fan" or not - would agree. I probably could've made a better choice of phrase (re: the "real :au: fan bit), but, in any case, my reply was not meant to start a fight, only to challenge / discourage the defeatist attitude (I thought) Rugby was displaying -- and to encourage people to get up for this game, like real Auburn fans!!!!! Rugby made a clarification, and I qualified my comment. End of that story.

2. Galen chose to call me names, and I called him on it. In hindsight, I wish I'd explained myself first or just let it go, but I stand by my reply. Nothing personal, but I thought the insults were unwarranted, and they were certainly unappreciated. That said, Galen (and anyone else) is welcome to disagree with me all day long, and I won't call him (or them) names. End of that story.

That said, I don't understand whether / how any of the other stuff in Ranger's email applies to me. (For the record, I don't care where you live or how many games you go to - if I may be so bold, that's got nothing to do with your status as an :au: fan.) I don't believe I've ever (at least before today) disrespected or otherwise antagonized moderators or anyone else on this board (certainly not intentionally - even when it would've been justified), but, if I have, I apologize.

End of story. Cum-ba-ya (sp?) and all that. Move on.

WAR EAGLE!! BEAT :uf: !!!

:au:

2. Galen chose to call me names, and I called him on it. In hindsight, I wish I'd explained myself first or just let it go, but I stand by my reply. Nothing personal, but I thought the insults were unwarranted, and they were certainly unappreciated. That said, Galen (and anyone else) is welcome to disagree with me all day long, and I won't call him (or them) names. End of that story.

The only way you were called names (unless you count Francis as a name) is if you read a post and ascribe certain behaviors to yourself. You obviously don't know the history of Francis. Go watch Stripes.

If I choose to call you names, you'll certainly be aware of it. This wasn't one of those times.

You obviously don't know the history of Francis. Go watch Stripes.

"Any of you (homos?) ever call me Francis, and I'll kill ya." (I think that's how it goes . . . )

This is fun. Can I play, too? :rolleyes:

Archived