Much Better

AUesquire

I was blown away by the comment from Herring after the Arky game, saying how predictable CAB had become. I know we didn't score an offensive TD but we controlled the ball on a GREAT defense and kept them off balance all night. Great mix of pass and run. Kudos to CAB because we would not have won that game without his plan.

It was good to see our O-line opening up some monster holes for Kenny, Brad, & Co. again. Now if we can do something about limiting the sacks--something for Brandon, the line, and the receivers to work on.

All in all, though, much better offensive performance than I had hoped against one of the SEC's great defenses

I loved seeing the split backs in the backfield. I was about to go down there and kick CAB in the butt if he tried that danged naked bootleg AGAIN. After two times of a huge DL in the face of BC don't do it again. The play to Trott where he got tattoed and fumbled was a awesome play. Faking like a RB screen, then TT peeling off into the wide open middle of the field. Great play at a great time, if TT just catches and tucks the ball in we are ok.

I was disappointed that we left so many points. Not putting the ball in the endzone on three or four trips inside the 30 is not good. Glad we had the other plays to help out. IF we convert the opening drive and a couple of the others the game is not even close at halftime. But so goes the crazy SEC.

It's not always about scoring. In a game like that, you don't want to make mistakes like throwing INT's and you can't blame Borges for the two fumbles inside the 10.

The offense did its job - it executed and made plays when they had to. The most important thing was that they kept the Florida offense off the field

In fairness to Borges, if Cox hits McLaughlin we get a TD in our first drive, still don't why he didn't throw it. The delayed TE screen was a nice play.. gotta hang on to the ball.

I feel like he put us in position to score TD's we just didn't execute. But major improvement in offense from the last couple of weeks.

I think the problem with sacks in this game came right up the middle, watching the replay there were at least three where Bosely just let his guy go through. Inexperience is a pain in the butt sometimes.

I still thought we don't rely on our run when we get the chance. We had first and goal at the 4 and abandon the run. That really frustrated me. I thought we got conservative in our running late in the game. They were stacking up the middle and we could have run outside to allow a hole to develop, cause it wasn't happening between the tackles.

I was glad to see something more than Kenny Irons right, Kenny Irons left, third and nine must pass, Cox holds on to the ball for like 20 seconds, sack and a punt.

Next posseson, Kenny Irons right, Ienny Irons left, Oh they were ready for that one, third and 15. Cox bootlegs and throws it to the tight end for a seven yard gain, punt.

That was about how the Arky game went. Thank Goodness someone went to the beach and grabbed Borgeous. That was a much better game offensively.

Archived