SEC warns AU about loud music in UF game

eagle76

Stan White mentioned the "sideline warning" Saturday night...Why have a warning? If it's an infraction, call a foul and penalize the team!!! You don't have "pass interference" warnings!

Lotta smack talk goin' on now!!! If the cards play out just right :au: & :uf: may get a shot at each other on 12/02 (BUT WE NEED TO TAKE ONE GAME AT A TIME!!! i know, i know :P )

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Auburn gets a warning, the Florida band should get a warning for beating drums before and right up until the kick during kickoffs. I understood the band wasn't supposed to play once the team broke the huddle.

I find it very odd that the only source of this story is coming out of gainsville, FL. It seems like if this were true the media here in AL would be all over it, yet nothing. I dont know why this thread was unlocked.

This is a rumor. No official source is reporting. Nothing in alabama, nothing from the SEC office. Disregard this crap.

I just got off the phone with Charles Bloom and the story is true. He was at the game Saturday, and said that the sound system played loud during Florida's huddles. This is the reason for the warning and Auburn will comply.

I was at the South Carolina game and thought their PA system was much louder than Auburn's.

I was at the Mississippi State game and heard the derned cowbells.

This is absolutely ridiculous. We do the tiger growl, so does LSU. Alabama does the elephant, South Carolina the gamecock .. everybody has something.

Auburn never ever did it after Florida had broken the huddle.

The only sound effect I thought was a little out there was the sound of the clock striking midnight before Florida's last play of the game.

You guys are right about the whining crybabies. And they should do something about the cowbells at :msu: or get rid of the rule about noisemakers, IMHO.

The only thing Auburn should think about changing is the music. Instead of Guns n Roses, how about Wagner's "Flight of the Valkyries"? As Big Duke 6 (Robert Duval) said, "I love the smell of napalm in the morning...it smells like...victory"!!!!

Bah, this is just a little crying to save face.

The BAD thing is that what do people on the "outside" think about Auburn now? 1) Biased officials, 2) Replay official that goes for the home team, 3) blasting music against the visitors...... blah blah

They are trying to make us look like we are not a fair-and-square team. That is the bigger problem, not when we play music.

And BTW, if you will remember, the music plays after they break the huddle and when they go to the line. That's when the cheering gets louder, and that's when the music plays.

Well I think they are a bunch of cheaters and paid the refs as well, did you see all that holding during the game, my goodness it was rampant

uat freely admits that they "pipe in" crowd "noise" ! ! !

Guess the good old boys will be coughing up some fine $$$$

:puke: on :uf:

These guys are crying worse than anyone I have seen in years! Play that funcky music, Tigers!

This is nothing....Wait till we start cranking up the Thin Lizzy. We'll play "The Boys are Back in Town" for us and play "Jailbreak" for Florida

Play it when we feel like it and pay the $5000. Oh, and send a hanky for the Florida people to blubber in.

Sissies.

Maybe you should be more concerned with the fact that Auburn's defense pitched a tent in your backfield the entire second half and your QB wilted under the pressure. That and the fact that our offense held the ball for 36 1/2 minutes.

If Auburn gets a warning, the Florida band should get a warning for beating drums before and right up until the kick during kickoffs. I understood the band wasn't supposed to play once the team broke the huddle.

actually the Auburn does this, every schools band pretty much does that on kickoffs...

Play it when we feel like it and pay the $5000. Oh, and send a hanky for the Florida people to blubber in.

Sissies.

Maybe you should be more concerned with the fact that Auburn's defense pitched a tent in your backfield the entire second half and your QB wilted under the pressure. That and the fact that our offense held the ball for 36 1/2 minutes.

Yeah and didn't score a touchdown (sorry bitter in Atlanta, I hate UF and anyone that goes to that school: Yes I am from Fla)

Maybe they should stop whining about us and start thinking of UGA/Vandy/USC I think they might be in for a rough ride.

The URBAN off hasn't done very well against the meat of the schedule either UT/UA have also shut them down. I think 330 total in each of those games.

UF /AU box

UF AU

279 TOTAL NET YARDS 315

LSU / UF Box

LSU UF

318 TOTAL NET YARDS 288

Sissies.

Maybe the Auburn band should play that Tom Petty classic "Beatdown, go ahead and give it to me..." during the :ua: game? ;)

Sissies.

Maybe the Auburn band should play that Tom Petty classic "Beatdown, go ahead and give it to me..." during the :ua: game? ;)

Isn't that "Breakdown"?

"Computerized"? Does this mean we can just get a guy to spin records instead? I always thought they had a more full sound anyway!

I'll bet it didn't affect Leak..........With all that Ringing in his ears from the Lick put on him by "The Bandit" on that Option play. I say CRANK 'EM UP............If they let miss st. have their Tea Bells and let them Clank 'em around ALL THE TIME, then I say......... "WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE". . Get Freakin' Use To It.

Where do I send my donation to help pay our fine(s)? If they want to be ugly about it

I say TURN IT UP!! What a bunch of infantile dummies! Like if it had been quiet our defense

wouldn't have still been all over them? Give me a break! :cheer::au::cheer:

Archived