SEC warns AU about loud music in UF game

eagle76

I read an article from some Florida douche bag on Rivals.. and he said that Leak and Meyer both didn't even notice the noise. .. but this article was so bad. He was crying over and over about how Auburn won and how they were so cocky.

http://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=596806

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could not attend the game due to my son's football game. We got back home midway through the second quarter and I turned on the game. Yes you could sometimes hear the tiger roar on third down or Axel Rose screaming. This only lasted for about five seconds and then the crowd took it over. When Florida broke the huddle the music stopped instantly.I also could hear the band playing. Again, when the huddle broke they quit playing the music. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this at all. I was there for LSU and every third down or forth down we played the same clips. Guess what LSU did not complain about the noise at all. I guess that the SEC will tell all instutions they can not play any music during the game so when we go the swamp next year we will not have to hear the Jaws theme and Go Gators on every third down.

HEY FLORIDA AND SEC OFFICE, SHUT THE HELL UP. YOU GOT YOUR A$$ BEAT AND THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT. SORRY THE SEC WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER NATIONAL TITLE AFTER AUBURN BEAT THE LAST UNDEFEATED TEAM. BAMA FANS DO NOT EVEN WHINE THIS MUCH!!!!!!

Here's the official rule:

"30.22.1.5 Playing Conditions. Playing conditions at SEC contests are governed by the following:

(d) At football games the use of amplifiers, microphones and megaphones shall be restricted to the cheerleaders of the institutions articipating, directed only toward the stands and shall not be used from the time the offensive team breaks the huddle until the ball has been snapped. Additionally, the use of institutionally controlled computerized sound systems (including music) and institutionally controlled artificial noisemakers shall be restricted to pre-game, halftime, post-game, called team or media timeouts or after a score. Bands shall not play from the time the offensive team breaks the huddle until the ball has been snapped. In no case may music be played which may be construed to be derogatory toward the visiting team or the game officials. Physical distractions (e.g., artificial noisemakers, portable amplifiers or

the main stadium public address) shall not be used by cheerleaders while either team is on the field (warmups or competition); "

Apparently, these type of rules are rarely enforced. I would think the bolded sentence above pretty much precludes the playing of songs like ... ... rammer lammer. Agree?

Is this how UF got the Cocktail Party in Jacksonville? They whined and complained about a loss at UGA until UGA conceded home field advantage? I have a feeling UF wishes every game was played on a neutral field within 50 miles of Gainsville.

"30.22.1.5 Playing Conditions. Playing conditions at SEC contests are governed by the following:

(d) At football games the use of amplifiers, microphones and megaphones shall be restricted to the cheerleaders of the institutions articipating, directed only toward the stands and shall not be used from the time the offensive team breaks the huddle until the ball has been snapped. Additionally, the use of institutionally controlled computerized sound systems (including music) and institutionally controlled artificial noisemakers shall be restricted to pre-game, halftime, post-game, called team or media timeouts or after a score. Bands shall not play from the time the offensive team breaks the huddle until the ball has been snapped. In no case may music be played which may be construed to be derogatory toward the visiting team or the game officials. Physical distractions (e.g., artificial noisemakers, portable amplifiers or

the main stadium public address) shall not be used by cheerleaders while either team is on the field (warmups or competition); "

Apparently, these type of rules are rarely enforced. I would think the bolded sentence above pretty much precludes the playing of songs like ... ... rammer lammer. Agree?

The noise violation is basically like the offensive holding penalty...it happens all the time but only occasionally gets called. Even though we could list several stadiums where this kind of thing & more happens every Saturday, it probably got called this time because of a complaint by some buttwipe from UF who was looking for something his team could pin their loss on. I doubt this will hurt AU's reputation; the general public will see this for what it is, & it will make UF look much worse than it does us. Just the same, I hope Charles Bloom eventually leaks who it was that lodged the complaint (the UF AD, a disgruntled UF alum, Meyer himself, etc???)

While you've got the rulebook open, where do I find the rule that says home fans shall not hit visiting fans in the head with beer bottles? I'll have to carry a copy of that one with me to the game @ Gainesville next year............. :P

While I do think the music we play does help incite the crowd, I still like pure band music. Why not have the band play as loud as possible the same music selections (even microphones in the band area to "help" the sound. Possibly same effect but within the "rules". I don't care about the "rules", but I just like real band music.

We could put salvation army type buckets at each entrance to JHS. 65,000 fans each dropping in a dime as they entered the stadium would garner $6500, more than enough to pay a fine each game. :)

Seriously, we dont need no stinking electrified noise. If we just yell like we did last week we make more noise than the PA system. I rarely heard any music, just a pumped up crowd cheering a pumped up team. The crowd and the team feed off each others enthusiasum.

War Eagle

Is this how UF got the Cocktail Party in Jacksonville? They whined and complained about a loss at UGA until UGA conceded home field advantage? I have a feeling UF wishes every game was played on a neutral field within 50 miles of Gainsville.

It's funny because in the 80's and late 70's, UF fans whined and complained about how this game should go home-home because we were kicking their ass every year basically

Now, it's uga fans crying about how it should be home-home because we are getting out ass kicked every year.

I say we just get louder in the stands and show these idiots how the JUNGLE can be every week!

Crowd noise is easily nullified if they really wanted to do it. Inverse sound frequency generator.

Or the Flux Compasitor Modulator. :big:

Funnyt thing. When I was watching the local news, Channel 31, this morning, their sports guy talked about this warning. The guy mentioned that apparently somebody complained after this past weeks game, and then he mumbled "Gator fans" kind of under his breath, and then continued on with the rest of the story.

Crowd noise is easily nullified if they really wanted to do it. Inverse sound frequency generator.

Or the Flux Compasitor Modulator. :big:

Time traveler. We all know they can't get rid of crowd noise, it can't be done without players having earphone that will do the cancelling.

Two experiments have been conducted on a random sample of the population including elementary school children, middle school children, middle-aged citizens and senior citizens. A total of 71 people were tested. The test consisted of asking the user to adjust the level of voice and the level of remaining audio for a football game (where the remaining audio was the crowd noise) and a popular song (where the remaining audio was the music). A metric called the VRA (voice-to-remaining audio) ratio was formed by dividing the linear value of the volume of the dialog or voice by the linear value of the volume of the remaining audio for each selection.

Several things were made clear as a result of this testing. First, no two people prefer the identical ratio for voice and remaining audio for both the sports and music media. This is very important since the population has relied upon producers to provide a VRA (which cannot be adjusted by the consumer) that will appeal to everyone. This can clearly not occur, given the results of these tests. Second, while the VRA is typically higher for those with hearing impairments (to improve intelligibility) those people with normal hearing also prefer different ratios than are currently provided by the producers.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6442278.html

This was linked in another thread. Do you think this will have any effect on how they play the music for 3rd and 4th down plays of the opposition?

Just another reason to really not like the gators. What a whinny, finger-pointing, arrogant group. Wait, did I say gators - I meant tigahs. No, I meant the turds. The way they all whine, they all must be related. No branches on their family stump. Jealousy is running rampant.

Cough Cough U CHEAT COUGH COUGH

Cough Cough JS got caught with the judges daughter COUGH COUGH!

Cough Cough JS got caught with a bag of dope COUGH COUGH!

Cough Cough JS got caught with a firearm COUGH COUGH!

Cough Cough JS didn't do any thing wrong COUGH COUGH!

Cough Cough JS got off free and clear COUGH COUGH!

Cough Cough JS got himself a big ol' bowl of ice cream COUGH COUGH!

Yeah, we cheat! Get real!

Archived