SEC warns AU about loud music in UF game

eagle76

This was linked in another thread. Do you think this will have any effect on how they play the music for 3rd and 4th down plays of the opposition?

Just another reason to really not like the gators. What a whinny, finger-pointing, arrogant group. Wait, did I say gators - I meant tigahs. No, I meant the turds. The way they all whine, they all must be related. No branches on their family stump. Jealousy is running rampant.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how AU has been doing this all year, and as I recall they played Eye of the Tiger a lot last year before big plays and had GET LOUD on the screen. WE have a new sound system, so it is a little louder. How come nothing has been said until the whinny Gators complained. How come no one does anything about Mississippi States Cowbells? Why don't they get fined? Cause no one loses to them. These guys are a bunch of whining cry baby idiots!! Like the swamp is a cathedral and perfectly quiet when the opposing team has the ball? My goodness, what happened to accepting a loss and moving on, we did after the Arky game. :(

Are they talking about music over the PA system or the band playing music during downs?

The PA system should not be playing music when the QB is under center, period. That is some sort of rule isn't it? I think the same goes for band music, but I am not sure about that. Regardless, I always thought it was at least an unwritten rule that bands do not play any music once the QB is under center. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Until the SEC is going to enforce the rule about the cowbells in Starkville, they have no leg to stand on at all.

Where's the link?

I don't see anything that says where the SEC issued any announcement. If this is just a rumor, I'd like to shut this down.

i was thinking the same thing

Where's the link?

I don't see anything that says where the SEC issued any announcement. If this is just a rumor, I'd like to shut this down.

i was thinking the same thing

Okay, that's enough for me. If you have a link to something that verifies that this did indeed happen, PM me and I'll unlock the topic. Until then, it's shut down.

I was at the game and I have NO IDEA what this could possibly be about. Nothing out of the ordinary happened!

I think the only one complaining is that idiot Gay-Tor that was referenced in another thread.

Probably so. In that case, there is nothing the SEC can do about music or anything else being played in between plays.

Its not even as loud as last year. I think its a comfortable level right now. I remember last year during the OM game, it was piercing - I was in the upper deck. It could have been an echo associated gain or something, but it hurt. This year, its just right. Loud enough to hear over the commotion but not uncomfortable.

I say keep doin it. That's rediculous. You can't play music but during pregame, halftime, and postgame? 100 people's tickets will cover that fine.

I can't stand Meyer. I hope his dog relieved itself all over the house when he got home Sunday. If you can't hang in the SEC, go back to the MAC or wherever you came from.

The best way to silence the home crowd is to come out and get up by several scores then coast on to victory? If :uf: had done that there would not be an issue would there?

I remember when they were trying to ban the cowbells (again) at MSU and Jackie said that he would just have the cowbells played over the PA system like the other schools play music, ect. So then the SEC said OK no PA noise during the game. So now we lose the PA and MSU still has the cowbells. I thought that they may have changed the rule since we have started back with the music in SEC games but it seems we are in volation of the rule.

The article states Second Half. I wasn't at the game I am going to assume that we did the same in the first half, can someone confirm or deny? Why didn't LSU complain? I think someone made a good point when they stated that the crowd noise actually drowns out anything coming from the PA.

Did the UF Football team go to the SEC?

:uf: = Bunch of whiny babies. We can't hear, we can't think, we can't play! You paid the Refs!

If you can't handle the noise - go play in a monastery!

Good grief, the sound in the stadium alone was pretty defining - but according to UF not as loud as their own stadium! If so, why worry about the noise? I didn't really have any issues with UF - but now ... I hope they lose again! The "music" was just snippets played before downs and stopped way before the teams were set! Also, did you notice that everytime we got REALLY loud, they called a time-out? Well, until they ran out of them! :cheer: And as far as the $5000 fine - let's just take up a $1 for everyone in the stadium as you go in - and cover it for each game!

The SEC probably did this to get urban off their back.

He should be reprimanded for being on the field during plays.

It could have been called 20 times

Sideline infraction (5 yards) - when a coach or player on the sidelines is on the edge of the field during the snap. An official will usually issue a "sideline warning" once before issuing a penalty, and subsequent penalties will be unsportsmanlike conduct.

Does anyone have a link to the warning? I went to the SEC sports page and nothin.

I left a voice mail with Rogers Redding - SEC Football Coordinator of Officiating in reference to this article and I'm waiting a response.

Archived