bammer poll

CircleDrill

Status of U of Alabama football  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel sorry for the Alabama football program?

• Yes, I feel bad for them.
    • Not really, but they hurt our SOS.
    • Don't feel bad. Glad to see it.
    • Hope it gets worse before it gets better.

I watched the game at my bammer brother-in-law's house with his die-hard bammer family. He invited his UT coworkers over to watch the game also. It was amazing, to hear 50 to 60 year old women dog cuzing CMS and at times players. The UT fans left as soon UT took the lead in the 4th qrt, they didn't even say anything. Just packed up and took off.

The entire game I am thinking, "UAT is going to hurt our schedule and AU will still slip in the polls after beating UAT."

thats their new way of destroying our hopes. They can't beat us so they lose all their other big games in order to ruin our sos.

feel bad for them!!!!!! are we that blind?

no way no how, The day Vandy replaces uat as a better program will be the ultimate.

That may not be that far off.

UT beats them by 3 at home and drops one spot in the AP poll. Enough said.

I watched the UT/UAT game at Buffalo Wild Wings in Bamaham.

For some strange reason the bammers I was with didn't appreciate my request for them to cry directly into my beer for extra flavor.

We just better hope Shula and Rader are around for awhile. bama has some talent and more on the way. If

Three Name continues to improve and the defense holds, a new HC and OC might turn things around.

We just better hope Shula and Rader are around for awhile. bama has some talent and more on the way. If

Three Name continues to improve and the defense holds, a new HC and OC might turn things around.

i think thats whats so frustrating about the whole situation, everyone pretty much agrees we have the talent. we've shown we have the capability to beat good teams such as :uf: and :ut: , at least thru 3 and a half quarters anyways. we actually have an OL this year, which is nice for JPW to show some talent. it would be one thing if we went into those two games and got our teeth kicked in from the first snap, but no we hold a team who hung 51 points on :uga: without a touchdown for almost the entire game and to their lowest score all season and then find a way to lose. we have the talent to win, we need to find the WILL to win. my prediction is, if we lose AGAIN to yall this season (which we most undoubtedly will at this point) i think CMS has 1 more year and thats it unless he can turn something around.

Feel sorry for them? NEVER!

Worried that

1) they'll focus all their frustrations on upseting us and pull it off? YES!

2) they'll dump Shula and luck into a good coach? YES!

[As for our SOS--no sense in worrying about it. Arkansas blew our chance at the BCS-NC game, and we don't even control our own destiny for the SECCG. All we can do is focusing on winning out and take what fate deals us.]

i think thats whats so frustrating about the whole situation, everyone pretty much agrees we have the talent. we've shown we have the capability to beat good teams such as :uf: and :ut: , at least thru 3 and a half quarters anyways. we actually have an OL this year, which is nice for JPW to show some talent. it would be one thing if we went into those two games and got our teeth kicked in from the first snap, but no we hold a team who hung 51 points on :uga: without a touchdown for almost the entire game and to their lowest score all season and then find a way to lose. we have the talent to win, we need to find the WILL to win. my prediction is, if we lose AGAIN to yall this season (which we most undoubtedly will at this point) i think CMS has 1 more year and thats it unless he can turn something around.

Yes, but you know if bammer had Brodie, things last year would have been different. Oh, wait...they did have Brodie...never mind. :roflol:

Worried that

You know, even if Bama dumps Mike Shula (and I'm not sure that they will), if a new coach is in place more than likely it will take a year or two for the SPUAT program to get on solid footing. What I'm trying to say is that a new coach may not be any better. (Oh, I hope and pray - but I'd rather keep Shula there. We KNOW that he's awful).

Worried that

You know, even if Bama dumps Mike Shula (and I'm not sure that they will), if a new coach is in place more than likely it will take a year or two for the SPUAT program to get on solid footing. What I'm trying to say is that a new coach may not be any better. (Oh, I hope and pray - but I'd rather keep Shula there. We KNOW that he's awful).

The names I am hearing tossed around are as follows:

Rush Propst -- Rationale: He's a great HS coach, he could bring a lot of them Hoover boys and just look what that HS coordinator has done up at Arkansas.

Steve Spurrier -- Rationale: He's never going to win at South Carolina and he'd die to come to Bama where he could build a dynasty and have Brother Oliver as his DC.

Jimbo Fisher -- Rationale: He'd crawl over hot coals from Baton Rouge to Tuscaloosa to get away from Les Miles and have a chance to coach at a prestigious place like Bama.

Butch Davis -- Rationale: He wanted the job badly and was disappointed he wasn't hired. That's why he hasn't gotten a coaching job yet. He's waiting to see if it comes open.

Bill Parcells -- Rationale: He wanted to be Alabama's coach, but the administration was too stupid to negotiate. He wants to come there and be the next Pete Carroll.

Frank Beamer -- Rationale: He wanted the Bama job and was turned down twice. He'd take it in a heartbeat and leave that bunch of thugs up there to come to a program where he could win without having to recruit thugs.

Nick Saban -- Rationale: He's about to get canned at Miami and would love to come back and rub it in the faces of LSU by winning at Bama.

Rick Neuheisel -- Rationale: His first name isn't Mike.

Others tossed out: Rich Rodriguez, Bobby Petrino, Al Borges, Charlie Strong, Norm Chow.

The reality? Lee Corso.

Rush Propst -- Rationale: He's a great HS coach, he could bring a lot of them Hoover boys and just look what that HS coordinator has done up at Arkansas.

Steve Spurrier -- Rationale: He's never going to win at South Carolina and he'd die to come to Bama where he could build a dynasty and have Brother Oliver as his DC.

Jimbo Fisher -- Rationale: He'd crawl over hot coals from Baton Rouge to Tuscaloosa to get away from Les Miles and have a chance to coach at a prestigious place like Bama.

Butch Davis -- Rationale: He wanted the job badly and was disappointed he wasn't hired. That's why he hasn't gotten a coaching job yet. He's waiting to see if it comes open.

Bill Parcells -- Rationale: He wanted to be Alabama's coach, but the administration was too stupid to negotiate. He wants to come there and be the next Pete Carroll.

Frank Beamer -- Rationale: He wanted the Bama job and was turned down twice. He'd take it in a heartbeat and leave that bunch of thugs up there to come to a program where he could win without having to recruit thugs.

Nick Saban -- Rationale: He's about to get canned at Miami and would love to come back and rub it in the faces of LSU by winning at Bama.

Others tossed out: Rich Rodriguez, Bobby Petrino, Al Borges, Charlie Strong, Norm Chow.

The reality? Lee Corso.

Lord, they don't have a prayer with most or all of those guys.

I used to joke (maybe not) that I would pull for the Russians if they were to play uat. I lived thru the bahr years. I am still living thru the bammar arrogance. I have always hoped that uat would lose at any sport they participated in. I had terrible times when a uat win would benefit AU. I still pull against them. But I do wonder if the old adage is true - "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". I agree that if shula were to leave, it may take several years for the new coach to get his system in place and possibly be a force in the west again. But, they do have some young talent and while we may joke about who would want that job, there are many young talented coaches out there that would love to have uat on their resume, especially if they can turn it around. There may actually be some of the older coaches out there that have a huge ego that thinks they are just the one to right the ship and build on their ego. Either way, I would rather shula stay. I may actually change my stance and not pull against uat every game (notice I could not bring myself to say that I would pull for uat).

But then again, turmoil in northport is great. I'm so confussed now!!!!!!!!

Worried that

The reality? Lee Corso.

Is this your list or a wish list from the turd sites? The names i'd be worried about: Spurrier, Saban, Rodriguez, Petrino... I don't think Borges goes and most of the others just have something not quite great about them to handle the Bama Nation.

I voted "Hope it gets worse before it gets better." only because you didn't have an option that read "Hope it gets worse and NEVER gets any better."

Personally I could care less what they do. I want AUBURN to do great. If it helps AUBURN for UAT to have a little success then fine. If it does not help the AUBURN strength of schedule, I don't care what happens to them.

If they want to change coaches every three to four years that is their business. But they shouldn't be hypocritical about it. If they want to fire Mike Shula because his teams are not playing for the MNC, then they need to man up and tell every coach from now on that he will have four years to make it to the BCS Championship game or be fired. Fire Shula and give the new coach a four year contract. No NC in the first four years, hit the road Jack!

Archived