CTT is Staying

AFTiger

You have been mentioned as a replacement for Larry Coker at Miami. Are you interested in that? How do you handle it when your name keeps coming up?

No, I'm done. I'm too old. When we did our contract, I did it to the effect that if they thought about letting me go, they understood the consequences financially of not just me, but letting all the assistants go. Also, if we thought of leaving, it would be financially tough for the assistants and myself. It's really a no-brainer. There's nobody that's going to come in and pay the money it would cost for me to get out.

Linky Dinky

Well, I certainly hope (and believe) that Tub will stay at Auburn. That being said, I don't think his comments necessarily put an end to the discussion. This is the same man who said that they would have to carry him out of Oxford in a pine box.

I've been a little critical of Tuberville, especially after the Arky game. He always seems to field a completely unprepared team once or twice a year. That being said, I'd hate to lose him. I believe he can get us that MNC if he keeps up the good work. :cheer:

Well, I certainly hope (and believe) that Tub will stay at Auburn. That being said, I don't think his comments necessarily put an end to the discussion. This is the same man who said that they would have to carry him out of Oxford in a pine box.

We had enough $ to pay for the pine box. Now someone will have to buy a pure platinum one - with lots of diamonds on the lid. :)

At least he didn't say Hillary was ugly :big:

Don't know how you guys feel about him but he is very well respected here in Hogland. I think you have a very good program and a very good coach to lead your program. Of course he is from here so we may be just a little biased.

:arky: Go Hogs! :arky:

Thank you RootHog.......I knew that he was born and raised there in Arkansas, but I didn't really know if he was Liked as a Coach, so to speak. I've liked Coach Nutt for a some time now. I started liking him more when he hired one of my Ex-Coaches in Tracy Rocker. TR Coached me and Jumbo down at the Hottest Village in the Dirt (UWA aka Livingston). I was hoping that we'd gave him a look after Coach Chizik packed up and went to Texas. Oh Well.........Good Luck the rest of the season........Except for the next Two SEC games, of course......LOL

hohoho, people start to talk hog may become a 2003/2004 Aubie: after 2 loss to USC, it then dominator SEC for the next a few yrs. If so we will have more better teams in the SEC west next yr.

I think he meant....we lost to USC in '02 and '03...and then went on to win like 19 of 20 SEC games in late '03, '04, and '05.

So Arkansas might be on a similar path after losing to USC in 05 and 06

hohoho, people start to talk hog may become a 2003/2004 Aubie: after 2 loss to USC, it then dominator SEC for the next a few yrs. If so we will have more better teams in the SEC west next yr.

Does mom and dad know you're playing on the computer?

Does mom and dad know you're playing on the computer?

Yea......I had to put down the Beer for that one. Had to do a double-triple read.

Tubs will probably be another Osbourne, Bowden or Paterno in the sense that if he coaches long enough, he'll blunder into a MNC or two one of these days just by recruiting well enough to hang around the top 5 long enough.

Nobody's going to run off multiple MNCs in the SEC these days. When Bahr did his multiple MNC gig in the 60s & 70s, the SEC wasn't nearly as strong as it is today. It was comparable to the Pac 10 today (one dominant team and 2 or 3 teams trading off having competitive years every now and then). There were no scholarship limitations in the 60s & 70s so once you got a MNC or two, you could give the extra football recruits you attracted a "track" scholarship to keep them away from the competition's football team. Wrong era, Tubs.

With regard to UA and those MNC's, we all know now that Bahr had the best players money could buy! That helps a great deal in your quest for the top....... <_<

Archived