Iraq better off under Saddam...

Raven_tiger

Former United Nations chief weapons inspector Hans Blix on Wednesday described the United States-led invasion of Iraq as a "pure failure" that had left the country worse off than under the rule of Saddam Hussein.

In unusually harsh comments to Danish newspaper Politiken, the diplomatic Swede said the US government had ended up in a situation in which neither staying nor leaving Iraq were good options.

"Iraq is a pure failure," Blix was quoted as saying. "If the Americans pull out, there is a risk that they will leave a country in civil war. At the same time, it doesn't seem that the United States can help to stabilise the situation by staying there."

War-related violence in Iraq has grown worse, with dozens of civilians, government officials and police and security force members being killed every day. At least 83 US soldiers have been killed in October - the highest monthly toll in 2006.

'Saddam would still have been sitting in office' <_<

Blix said the situation would have been better if the war had not taken place.

"Saddam would still have been sitting in office. Okay, that is negative and it would not have been joyful for the Iraqi people. But what we have gotten is undoubtedly worse," he was quoted as saying.

Blix led the UN inspectors that searched for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq before the US-led invasion in 2003. He came under heavy fire from Washington when he urged US President George Bush to allow the weapons inspectors and the International Atomic Energy Agency to continue their work as a way to stave off a war.

Ultimately a US-led coalition invaded Iraq and no such weapons were found. - Sapa-AP

Linky

Even sadder - we, the USA & its citizens, would be better off today if the "War in Iraq" had not happened.

Link not required for those with eyes, ears and a brain.

Why do you think the media or anyone here would hate for this to be seen?

For one, just look at the response from Tex when I made that video a thread on it's own.

I am not going to pretend their haven't been some blunders in the Iraq war. But, it seems there are some in the media and on this board, who for reasons such as an agenda among other things, that would prefer this not be seen.

What HAS been accomplished in Iraq

Yeah, you're right. Anyone who think things are going badly there just misses the big picture. :rolleyes:

LINK

For one, just look at the response from Tex when I made that video a thread on it's own.

I am not going to pretend their haven't been some blunders in the Iraq war. But, it seems there are some in the media and on this board, who for reasons such as an agenda among other things, that would prefer this not be seen.

Yeah, you're right. Anyone who think things are going badly there just misses the big picture. :rolleyes:

LINK

Your argument is missing its argument.

LINK

When compared with 96 military deaths in October alone and a price of $1B per month, kids getting immunizations and a few hundred more Hadji's getting cellular service isn't likely to make front-page news. Ever. Whining because people can't ignore the elephant in the living room and give "atta-boy's" to your administration because some schools were rebuilt isn't going to change that, either.

LINK

When compared with 96 military deaths in October alone and a price of $1B per month, kids getting immunizations and a few hundred more Hadji's getting cellular service isn't likely to make front-page news. Ever. Whining because people can't ignore the elephant in the living room and give "atta-boy's" to your administration because some schools were rebuilt isn't going to change that, either.

Come on Al. You are smarter than this. This has NOTHING to do with the Bush Administration and you know it. No one mentioned Bush. This was just a case of doing what many of the soldiers have asked for. Showing some of the positives for a change. Why do you have a problem with it? Our men and women in uniform in Iraq have asked for someone to show these things. SOLDIERS asked for it. Just ask the guy that put the video together. Ask the soldiers that emailed from Iraq to thank him.

LINK

That's the best you have? :rolleyes: Your dismissal of my post (in true to Liberal form) made my case pretty clear. I admit things are bad, claim that those with an agenda will have a problem with this, and you dismiss it with a snide remark. Thanks to you, there is nothing to argue. ;)

LINK

That's the best you have? :rolleyes: Your dismissal of my post (in true to Liberal form) made my case pretty clear. I admit things are bad, claim that those with an agenda will have a problem with this, and you dismiss it with a snide remark. Thanks to you, there is nothing to argue. ;)

You've made no argument to rebut-- as usual. You make an unsubstantiated assertion-- a "claim". But you did use this thread to contradict yourself on another thread. You are arguing with yourself, just not very well.

Archived