All this talk about the Big East and WVU, UL & Rutgers

cehuff21

I say if WVU and UL should be considered BCS CG (under the experts logic) then why is Boise State not being considered?Take a look

Opponents Record through 7 games

Rutgers -------> 28-30

Boise State ---> 27-31

Louisville ------> 28-32

West Virginia -> 23-36

Before you start commenting saying I'm an idiot for thinking Boise State should go to the BCS CG stop. I am not saying I believe ANY of these teams should actually go to the BCS CG, because I firmly believe none of these teams have any business in the BCS CG. But what I am saying is that if you HAVE to consider WVU and UL then I think you most certainly have to consider Rutgers and Boise State their opponents records prove this I believe.

At least in Boise State's favor you can say they HANDLED Oregon State... This being the team that upset #3 USC. WVU has not beaten a ranked team either and they can't even say they have beaten anyone who has a proven win

I say if WVU and UL should be considered BCS CG (under the experts logic) then why is Boise State not being considered?Take a look

Rutgers -------> 28-30

Boise State ---> 27-31

Louisville ------> 28-32

West Virginia -> 23-36

Before you start commenting saying I'm an idiot for thinking Boise State should go to the BCS CG stop. I am not saying I believe ANY of these teams should actually go to the BCS CG, because I firmly believe none of these teams have any business in the BCS CG. But what I am saying is that if you HAVE to consider WVU and UL then I think you most certainly have to consider Rutgers and Boise State their opponents records prove this I believe.

At least in Boise State's favor you can say they HANDLED Oregon State... This being the team that upset #3 USC. WVU has not beaten a ranked team either and they can't even say they have beaten anyone who has a proven win

Boise's credibility was shot two years ago when the came to Georgia all full of piss and vinegar and adored by the media. Then they left with a package of hamburger where their ass used to be.

For that reason, nobody will take them seriously.

Rutgers -------> 28-30

Boise State ---> 27-31

Louisville ------> 28-32

West Virginia -> 23-36

Boise's credibility was shot two years ago when the came to Georgia all full of piss and vinegar and adored by the media. Then they left with a package of hamburger where their ass used to be.

That was last year, not two years ago... but I forgot you don't use logic :poke:

But I agree - Boise has no credibility

Rutgers -------> 28-30

Boise State ---> 27-31

Louisville ------> 28-32

West Virginia -> 23-36

That was last year, not two years ago... but I forgot you don't use logic :poke:

But I agree - Boise has no credibility

Last year? That seems like a century ago. Last year makes it even worse. People don't forget that kind of thing, even if they can't remember exactly when it was.

Same sort of bias hurts/helps AU. We were penalized in 2004 for crapping the bed in 2003. And maybe given too much cred this season after not falling completely apart like they thought we would (minus Carnell, Jason, Ronnie, Carlos, etc. ) in 2005.

Some teams skate by and those kind of things don't matter. Auburn is almost to the point to where we'll be in the Top 10-15 every season so long as we don't have utter meltdowns like Wisconsin and Arkansas. Sometimes we'll deserve it, sometimes we won't. For that reason -- if we continue to put W's on the board -- we'll get opportunities to contend for the BCS title/BCS Bowls when we may not deserve it as much as other teams.

We're on the verge of having Michigan, Texas, USC cred.

Those that we have played 32-35. Three of those are bowl eligible. SC is one win away from bowl eligibility. Our three remaining opponents are currently combined 17-9, with two of those bowl eligible and one of them (Arky St) is one win away.

Same sort of bias hurts/helps AU. We were penalized in 2004 for crapping the bed in 2003. And maybe given too much cred this season after not falling completely apart like they thought we would (minus Carnell, Jason, Ronnie, Carlos, etc. ) in 2005.

Some teams skate by and those kind of things don't matter. Auburn is almost to the point to where we'll be in the Top 10-15 every season so long as we don't have utter meltdowns like Wisconsin and Arkansas. Sometimes we'll deserve it, sometimes we won't. For that reason -- if we continue to put W's on the board -- we'll get opportunities to contend for the BCS title/BCS Bowls when we may not deserve it as much as other teams.

We're on the verge of having Michigan, Texas, USC cred.

I completely agree with this, although I think we were ranked high because Cox and Irons proved themselves that year, but you're right, if we keep this up for a few more years people with think of auburn like they think of Florida, Nebraska, Michigan, Notre Dame, Texas, USC, and (gag) Alabama. If we fall off and come back, they'll say "Auburn's Back" and teams will be weary of us and recruits will find the school attractive regardless of how its done in recent years. It's an exciting time for Auburn. Look at our recruiting class for 2007 thus far, and last year, there are many more good years of Auburn football to come (with your help, Tubby!)

If West Virginia, Louisville or Rutgers played in the SEC they would all have at least one loss and maybe more. That is not a knock on them, all three have good teams, but it is a knock on the competition they play week after week. If Mississippi State were playing in the Big East, they would be close to bowl eligible now.

Archived