BCS change for 2010

mayonaise

Just heard on the radio. No link.

The bowl games will be played like they were before. SEC champ in Sugar, Big Ten in Rose, etc. \

Then

The BCS will have the top two teams after the bowl games play in a title game to start in 2010 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That doesn't help much. I mean I guess it gives a chance for the 3rd place to team to get in if the #1 or #2 team loses. Overall it tells me three things:

1) Two less teams getting a BCS bowl than the current format

2) What if #1 and #2 play in a bowl, like the Rose - that'll be interesting

3) There is still no solution to the "playoff" talk - but I guess it helps for teams that don't have conference championships

Still not a fix. Only works if you have 3 unbeatens at the end of the year. But what if you have only one unbeaten and a bunch of one loss teams like that is possible this year? Which one loss teams get into the plus one game? Say the only unbeaten team gets beat in the plus one game and has one loss like everybody else. Who is the MNC? They need to quit trying to disguise the BCS as a playoff system and come up with a real playoff system.

Just heard on the radio. No link.

The bowl games will be played like they were before. SEC champ in Sugar, Big Ten in Rose, etc. \

Then The BCS will have the top two teams after the bowl games play in a title game to start in 2010 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WEN Rules Update 11/7/06 (see above):

#5--no "unsubstantiated" rumors :P

+1 system. This still does not fix the problem. You could have a two or three loss team pull an upset and play for the MNC.

You have to go to an eight team playoff. No automatic bids. Have certain stipulations where you can not get in by playing boarding schools.

A PLAYOFF IS THE ONLY WAY OF DETERMINING A TRUE NATIONAL CHAMPION!!!

Archived