HS coaches bias affecting recruiting?

AU!

I dunno how prevalent this is in the state but my girlfriend went to Daphne High in Daphne, AL. She was telling me last year that the coach at Daphne strongly opposes his players going to Auburn and apparently won't allow Auburn recruiters to come see the team. Is this a big thing around the state and do you think it keeps us from getting recruits such as WVU QB Pat White (Daphne High).

Auburn coaches used to have a running fued with Steve Saverese when he was the coach at Daphne High School because he was a big time Bammer homer and encouraged all of his players to go to Tuscaloser. I believe Saverese left Daphne to become the head coach at McGill-Toolen High School a couple of years ago. I am not sure if the new coach at Daphne strongly opposes his players going to Auburn or not.

I am pretty sure that Auburn and Bammer never recruited Pat White. That is the reason he ended up at West Virginia.

This is rumor because high school coaches DO NOT have the authority to ban coaches from a public school. The administration would handle this subject to the school board and I know of no such instance anywhere. Moreover, IF they did, it would have to be for some catastrophic reason...... :au: Being a "homer" coach, however, is a horse of another color..

Saverese, was HC at Ensley High School in BHM when Cornelius Bennet was there. Rumor has always had it that he was very influential in him going to UA instead of AU.

Saverese, was HC at Ensley High School in BHM when Cornelius Bennet was there. Rumor has always had it that he was very influential in him going to UA instead of AU.

As an Ensley High grad I can tell you it's true.

As an Ensley High grad I can tell you it's true.

proud Tiger, what year did you graduate from Ensley?

Archived