Louisville/Rutgers

TigerOne

I am happy for Rutgers. This whole scene reminds me of a familiar scene... faintly reminds me of... 04... Auburn...? Could go undefeated.... but gets left out...? Hrm.... controversy...?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great game! Looks like they have a very fine coach - I hope he is VERY happy at Rutgers, we would hate for BAMA to get him! He CAN coach!

Way to go Rutgers!!! Now we can put all this Big East to Glendale thing to rest. Rutgers will move up, Louisville down. But Rutgers will barely break the top 10. And they still have WV on Dec. 2.

How many (besides us yankees - no, not the NY variety) have even heard of Piscataway? Pretty cool that they played the first college football game in 1869 against Princeton.

I am happy for Rutgers. This whole scene reminds me of a familiar scene... faintly reminds me of... 04... Auburn...? Could go undefeated.... but gets left out...? Hrm.... controversy...?

Exactly. They beat the "number 3" team in the land and they are in the powerhouse Big East, so they deserve a shot. :roflol:

If they finish out undefeated they will get left out of BCS. It will be interesting to see how much they move up in the BCS standings. They did have a rating of like .5 something compared to even AU at .78. I don't think beating one ranked team is going to jump them that much. Of course, RU still has to play WVU.

Folks, that game is what college football is all about. It would not tick me off one bit if Rutgers wins out and could jump everybody, including us, to play in the MNC. I know the Big East is nothing compared to the SEC and Big 10, but this Rutger's team does remind me of our 04 team. They are playing with alot of heart, winning games, and getting no respect. To come from behind to win this game shows alot about the character of the players and the coaches of that team.

Did somebody say UAT was looking for a coach?

Herbie is on the phone with management trying to find out who the next team is for them to pump up for MNC. He sounded so depresed. LOL

That's so funny. He really does sound like someone just killed his cat.

It is official: I have ZERO respect for anyone on ESPN. If they ever thought for even a nano-second that WVU or Louisville ever possesed even a semblance of a D, they are on Drugs! You could add "the best two teams in the Big East" together and still not have half of an SEC D.

I guess they start the Texas susnshine pump for the BCS now. Whoever it is, I hope they lose as well. I am just sick of the moronic crap that passes for 'insight' on ESPN. Between Corso (The Fool), Herbstreit (The Studmuffin), Mark May (The OverANALytical Clown), et al, they dont really have a single clue what they are talking about.

There are better and more informed discussions on this very board than go on GameDay.

Folks, that game is what college football is all about. It would not tick me off one bit if Rutgers wins out and could jump everybody, including us, to play in the MNC.

I'll give you an amen there, brother.

IMO, the Big East is a BCS conference, therefore an unbeaten Big East team should have a shot at a national title. *Well, unless there's two unbeaten teams that are "better", we all know that's perfectly fine... :rolleyes:

It is official: I have ZERO respect for anyone on ESPN. If they ever thought for even a nano-second that WVU or Louisville ever possesed even a semblance of a D, they are on Drugs! You could add "the best two teams in the Big East" together and still not have half of an SEC D.

I guess they start the Texas susnshine pump for the BCS now. Whoever it is, I hope they lose as well. I am just sick of the moronic crap that passes for 'insight' on ESPN. Between Corso (The Fool), Herbstreit (The Studmuffin), Mark May (The OverANALytical Clown), et al, they dont really have a single clue what they are talking about.

There are better and more informed discussions on this very board than go on GameDay.

AMEN to that

Louisville the first team to score 20 on Rutgers! great moral victory for Petrino

remember the "dangerous" situation a Florida columinist complained about after the AU/FL

game? Fans rushing the field. There was none of course, but what would you call this, in the above pic?

holtz just said on sportscenter that one of louisville's problems was that they were looking ahead to last weeks game....geez

What you see in that picture is pure celebration! They obviously do not have the men and women in the feared yellow jackets to protect their safety!

Called this game weeks ago and made a little cash in the process. Now you will see Rutgers continue to win until the West Virgina game and then it all tumbles down. Pat White is a different QB and Rutgers will not be able to keep him pinned in like Brohm. So now lets take care of business and try to grab one of these BCS bowls. :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Just saw Holths is pimpin Cal and May is back on the USC bandwagon. . . (sigh)

USC will lose again... if not to Oregon then def to Cal.. they will finish this year with another loss

Archived