Raven Gray

sogaaufan

Raven was a pretty big pick up for us last year. The guy was supposed to be a top talent. I see that we have been able to get Chris Slaughter and Bo Harris back. Does anyone have any news on Raven's status? He seemed to be one that could be a contributor.

No. In order to transfer to Auburn, or any other DI school for that matter, from any JUCO a student must have a minimum number of credits that are equal to about 2 years worth of classes.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Don't quote me on this, but I thought Gray had to go the JUCO route, which would mean that Auburn wouldn't see him until the '08 signing class.

He is in JUCO, at Copiah-Lincoln Community College, located near Natchez, Mississippi.

Since I dont really have all that solid a grasp on the whole recruiting process I have a question maybe someone can help answer. If this Gray goes his two years and gets the grades do our coaches keep an eye on him? How often do JUCO guys commit somewhere other than where they initially decide upon?

:au::au: War eagle guys, lets make it five in a row! :au::au:

This staff does a good job of hanging onto the guys they sign and place. Brandon Jacobs could have gone to nearly any school in the nation, but he chose to come back because of the loyalty of the Auburn coaches. Greg Smith went from a three star high school prospect to a five star and the best prep school Dlineman in the nation.

The pressure is mostly on the player to perform up to standards on and off the field. Most of the time if we don't get one back its because they either couldn't get their grades up or couldn't perform on the field.

Archived