NFL Prospects

An Auburn Fan

Just a small topic change from the bama coaching job materials...

I think Auburn has a good chance of sending 3-4 players to NFL with in the first 4 rounds...

My guesses are,

David Irons - may be a late second round pick..

Kenny Irons - Second round pick (If he had a great season this year, he wud be a first round pick for sure)

Will Herring - may be a third round or so... (he may have to add some weight..)

Courtney Taylor - may be a third rounder...

What you all think? What about the chances for our offensive line players? (Ben Grubbs, Tim Duckworth, Joe Cope...)

War Eagle!!

:au::cheer:

I expect Bliss to go undrafted, sign as a free agent, and have a productive 15 year NFL Career.

Kenny and David have 1st round potential. I think they both have to work hard in the camps to make the 1st though. David won't test well on the exams and Kenny has something to prove after being hobbled all year.

OL

Jonathan Palmer-1st day

Benn Grubbs-late rounds

Tim Duckworth-late rounds

Courtney Taylor-someone will take a chance on him by the 3rd round. He doesn't have NFL playmaker speed, but knows how to get open.

Reports are surfacing from the NFL that the Oakland Raiders have already traded their next 3 first round picks in order to get the first crack at Ben Tate when he graduates. ;)

Jonathan Palmer??? He couldn't start until his senior year and he was constantly 3 yards into the backfield and he's NFL 1st day material. I think the only real NFL talent is probably Grubbs, K. Irons, and Duckworth and Duckworth is iffy. CT is small, DI is small. Grubbs is a greatly underrated lineman, especially his ability to pull and get out on the edge. He's very athletic for someone his size. He and Reddick really made our running game the last few years.

NFL teams are salivating just thinking of picking up KI in a lower round. His value stock dropped this year, but his potential stock went up. The NFL loves it when a guy drops like that.

The rest will be lucky to get free agent looks. Like it or not, there jsut was not a dominating talent on the team this year when compared to the rest of the nation.

if kenny performs well at the combine, he's a first round back again. who you taking over him? peterson is gone so that's one... who's the next best running back? seriously. mike hart has more wear on his tires than anyone in college football (plus he may not come out early). no other running back in the big ten is worth a crap. no one in sec is getting taken over him b/c mcfadden is a sophomore and darby was never on his level. marshawn lynch has been as big a bust as kenny all year. this is going to be a terrible, terrible draft for running backs. good showing at the combine and he goes in the first round.

david is the opposite of small for a corner. that's a crazy comment. plus he's as physical a corner as any in the sec. he's a second round guy. i remember his dad saying that his learning disability meant some teams would pass on him automatically. that might slip him into the 3rd round.

grubbs and duck slip b/c they play guard. guards just don't get 1st/2nd round love. both guys get picked up 3rd to 5th, and both guys turn in great careers.

palmer will get drafted. he's gonna be a center in the nfl. that's his best spot.

ct will get drafted, but he's not going early. oh and ct is a tall, thick wideout. his advantage is how physical he is. how in the world do you call that guy small? all that said, he doesn't have the speed. if ben and devin were late round guys, so is ct.

herring probably doesn't get drafted. dede doesn't get drafted. browder is a guy that i'd look for to sneak into the late rounds or to sign a free agent contract. he's got the build of an nfl end. i think vaughn and bliss can play in the league.

if kenny performs well at the combine, he's a first round back again. who you taking over him? peterson is gone so that's one... who's the next best running back? seriously. mike hart has more wear on his tires than anyone in college football (plus he may not come out early). no other running back in the big ten is worth a crap. no one in sec is getting taken over him b/c mcfadden is a sophomore and darby was never on his level. marshawn lynch has been as big a bust as kenny all year. this is going to be a terrible, terrible draft for running backs. good showing at the combine and he goes in the first round.

david is the opposite of small for a corner. that's a crazy comment. plus he's as physical a corner as any in the sec. he's a second round guy. i remember his dad saying that his learning disability meant some teams would pass on him automatically. that might slip him into the 3rd round.

grubbs and duck slip b/c they play guard. guards just don't get 1st/2nd round love. both guys get picked up 3rd to 5th, and both guys turn in great careers.

palmer will get drafted. he's gonna be a center in the nfl. that's his best spot.

ct will get drafted, but he's not going early. oh and ct is a tall, thick wideout. his advantage is how physical he is. how in the world do you call that guy small? all that said, he doesn't have the speed. if ben and devin were late round guys, so is ct.

herring probably doesn't get drafted. dede doesn't get drafted. browder is a guy that i'd look for to sneak into the late rounds or to sign a free agent contract. he's got the build of an nfl end. i think vaughn and bliss can play in the league.

I gaurantee Vaughn and Bill will be in the NFL... I can tell you that Dallas has had problems at kicker all year and they will be looking for a guy like Vaughn. Bliss... well I'm not up to date on who needs a punter but he's as good as there is so he'll go somewhere.

I gaurantee Vaughn and Bill will be in the NFL... I can tell you that Dallas has had problems at kicker all year and they will be looking for a guy like Vaughn. Bliss... well I'm not up to date on who needs a punter but he's as good as there is so he'll go somewhere.

Any chances for Matt Clark in NFL..He was amazing this year....

Any chances for Matt Clark in NFL..He was amazing this year....

I think Matt is going to try out, but I don't know how good he is at field goals, and either do the teams so that could hurt him. By the way, he recently got engaged to one of my friends. I think they're getting married in the early summer.

NFL Draft History has proven that if you are elite that you will get drafted highly as a Guard. Last yeasr Davin Joseph went in the first round, and Deuce Latui went in the early second. Grubbs right now is a 2nd round talent and could push himself into the late first. The NFL loves athletic guards like Joseph and Grubbs.

I'm not sure what some of you guys watch to judge talent. If Palmer was NFL material wouldn't you think he would start before his senior year.

CT is small. He doesn't have the height that big time NFL recievers have. He is solid and runs well with the ball, but he reminds me of Josh Reed of LSU a few years ago, and he never panned out in the NFL.

David Irons doesn't have what it takes between the ears. I think his physical talent helped him cover for it some in college, but he'll get smoked in the NFL. I'm not sure if anyone has seen NFL playbooks, but the look like a couple of volumes of encyclopedia britanica. The Redskins is 700+ pages. You have to be smart to play on Sundays. Plays like the one of the end of the first half of the Iron Bowl show Irons doesn't have what ti takes. Who jumps a route when you have no safety help. You have to know if you miss that guy is going to the house. And thats not the only stupid play he made all year. He does know when he is beat and will take a penalty sometimes to avoid the big play, but he shouldn't be getting beat that much if he is an NFL quality corner.

Of all the players this year, I see Grubbs or Duckworth making the biggest impact on the NFL level. I'm just not sure about KI. I'm not sure he has the ability to make people miss or have the power that Carnell or Brown had. I think he might make a reliable back up but not a star back.

Palmer - early 2nd

KI - early second

CT - 3rd

DI - late 3rd

Grubs 4th-5th

Duck 5th-6th

Vaughn or Bliss - one of them (Bliss) will get drafted in late rounds

Why are all you guys so big on Palmer being drafted high??? Is there something I don't know??? He was in the backfield so much this year he should have been wearing 29, not 79.

We will have 3 players drafted this year max.

And the kickers won't get drafted. Kickers rarely get drafted and punters almost never get drafted. Go back and look at the NFL draft records and you'll see that there are many years when no punters or kickers get drafted.

AUMD03: While I'm not arguing that Taylor will be a high draft pick, using his size as reasoning is way off. Taylor is 6'2 and 205lbs+, you're crazy if you think that is small for an NFL reciever. I could write an encylopedia listing successful WRs in the NFL who are shorter than that. Thats actually pretty good size for a WR.

As for those of you ranking the O-Line, most are way off. No way in hell Palmer goes before Grubbs. Grubbs will be a second rounder unless he totally flops at the Senior Bowl. Duckworth I could see going in the 3rd round, Palmer is a second sday pick at best.

And those guys that are smaller have either blazing speed or amazing hands. Neither of which CT has displayed. He did well because he was a really good 2nd or 3rd option in our old offense, but he's struggled when being the #1 reciever. He makes big plays by making people miss tackles. Guys in the NFL won't miss tackles.

Archived