Barak ODumbo?

DKW 86

truth_detector.Par.0002.ImageFile.gif

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/sit...ctor.guest.html

Barak ODumbo? Maureen O'Dowd has taken the low road already. Obama is not happy about it either. Showing thin skin against the Hillary bunch is a bad thing...

Now, apparently before he made the speech, Maureen Dowd had written something about his big ears. Obama, after the speech, made a beeline for Maureen Dowd who was in the audience to tell her that he didn't appreciate her writing about his big ears. Now, there's a lot of noise here and it's very muddy. I'll translate it for you, but here's how it sounded.

OBAMA (off mic): You talked about my ears, and I just want to put you on notice: I'm very sensitive about -- What I told them was, ''I was teased relentlessly when I was a kid about my big ears.'"

DOWD (purring): We're trying to toughen you up

RUSH: "We're just trying to toughen you up." Here is what Barack Obama said."You talked about my ears, and I just want to put you on notice: I'm very sensitive about -- What at I told them was, 'I was teased relentlessly when I was a kid about my big ears.'" Now, there are many aspects of this, folks, that we need to delve into and explore. For one thing, I mean you know me, if the guy's sensitive about his big ears, we need to give him a new name, like Dumbo. But that doesn't quite get it. How about Barack Obama Hussein Odumbo. Well, if he's sensitive -- stop to think about this. This is a man being lauded as the savior of the country, a presidential candidate ready to be anointed, and he can't handle being teased about his big ears? He goes out to Maureen Dowd and says, I am putting you on notice? Is that a threat? I want to put you on notice?

Clearly that's a racist characture of Barack. As he is from Africa and there are elephants from Africa, you're trying to equate Barack to an animal. You display the the mentality of a white, racist, Euro-centric elitist which sees blacks as pack animals, aka - slaves. You see blacks as inferior, and it threatens you to see a strong, smart black man in power. Why not just come out and call Barak an uppity slave , and at least be honest about how you feel.

However, making fun of Bush's ears is just funny.

cartoon_bush.JPG

*double standard mode off *

David, you owe me one minute of my life back.

If you can't admit that it's pretty childish for Barack to whine to Ms Dowd about how sensitive he is over his ears, then how can this guy be taken seriously as a leader of the free world ?

The more we find out about Barack, the less we'll like. So far, those who get beyond the rock star adulation over him see he's little more than an empty suit.

David, you owe me one minute of my life back.

Nah, I think AURaptor has a valid point. My worry about this Obama guy is that, because he's black, he will be handled with kid gloves and get a pass whenever he screws up on the campaign trail. After all, his story makes for compelling copy: The First Black President. They're already licking their chops over all the story angles that go along with it.

I think there's an unspoken agenda in the mainstream press that voting for or against Obama is truly a referendum on whether or not this is still a racist country or not. CNN is already running stories titled "Can This Country Handle A Black President?" This notion that is patently stupid, by the way. I think Colin Powell, if he chose to run, would win the Presidency in a walk. The man would crush Hillary Clinton in the polls. Hell, I would personally dance a jig if the man were elected.

Obama's been in the Senate for less than one full term, and they're already beating the drum for his Presidential bid. Has this guy really accomplished anything in the Senate? Yet he's already being annointed as a front runner, along with Hillary Clinton. In fact, he's roughly the same stripe as Hillary Clinton, who traded on her husband's connections to become Senator (Sadly, the same is true of our current president), yet has no evident core governing philosophies. So what do Hillary and Obama have in common? They're both empty symbols, rather than real living, breathing leaders. And we know how the television networks adores symbols, as opposed to nuanced critique of the issues. One bumps the ratings, while the second plunges your ratings down into C-Span territory.

In the end, I will vote for or against Obama based on his leadership ability and his position on key issues of the day. I really don't care about anything else, including his skin color. However, if this guy repeatedly goes ballistic over references to his ears, then he evidently is far too insecure or immature to hold the office of president.

He will be ripped apart in the primary's and soundly defeated by Hillary. After all she has Bill leading the campaign and like him or not, he is a great campaigner and knows the buttons to push. Will Carville be working for Hillary?

I really don't care about anything else, including his skin color. However, if this guy repeatedly goes ballistic over references to his ears, then he evidently is far too insecure or immature to hold the office of president.

And obviously too thin-skinned to be the football coach at Auburn.

Classic illustration of how the Right Wing noise machine begins the character assassination of anyone it perceives to be a threat.

Limbaugh-- a drug addled propagandist, who dismissed torture at Abu Grahib as a prank, presents a joke by Obama as an indication that he is thin skinned. David, who takes offense when you suggest he is at all influenced by Rush, promptly does his master's bidding and posts it, claiming that a Clinton supporter has taken the "low road."

Folks chime in about how thin skinned he is, concluding that "is far too insecure or immature to hold the office of president," and "how can this guy be taken seriously as a leader of the free world ?" (the second comment coming from someone who thinks George W. Bush is a great leader-- you can't make this stuff up!!)

Meanwhile, there are those pesky facts which go totally ignored by all pronouncing their strong judgments.

Press reports noted that Obama was kidding. Obama has repeatedly referred to himself as "the skinny kid with big ears and a funny name." His publisher did so in the press release for an upcoming book:

http://www.randomhouse.biz/media/pdfs/BarackObama.pdf

He does so in speeches and on his own website:

Thank you for inviting me here tonight. It's been a pretty busy week, but I figured I'd better do my best to show up here since I can't think of an easier target for political cartoonists than a tall, skinny guy with big ears and a funny name.

http://obama.senate.gov/speech/050411-rema...ture/index.html

So the reality is that he makes self-effacing comments joking about his big ears and the Right Wing presents him as too thin skinned about his ears to be President. Classic!!!! They serve up the BS, you guys lap it up and say, "yum, yum-- my that's tasty!"

Classic illustration of how the Right Wing noise machine begins the character assassination of anyone it perceives to be a threat.

Limbaugh-- a drug addled propagandist, who dismissed torture at Abu Grahib as a prank, presents a joke by Obama as an indication that he is thin skinned. David, who takes offense when you suggest he is at all influenced by Rush, promptly does his master's bidding and posts it, claiming that a Clinton supporter has taken the "low road."

Folks chime in about how thin skinned he is, concluding that "is far too insecure or immature to hold the office of president," and "how can this guy be taken seriously as a leader of the free world ?" (the second comment coming from someone who thinks George W. Bush is a great leader-- you can't make this stuff up!!)

Meanwhile, there are those pesky facts which go totally ignored by all pronouncing their strong judgments.

Press reports noted that Obama was kidding. Obama has repeatedly referred to himself as "the skinny kid with big ears and a funny name." His publisher did so in the press release for an upcoming book:

Thank you for inviting me here tonight. It's been a pretty busy week, but I figured I'd better do my best to show up here since I can't think of an easier target for political cartoonists than a tall, skinny guy with big ears and a funny name.

So the reality is that he makes self-effacing comments joking about his big ears and the Right Wing presents him as too thin skinned about his ears to be President. Classic!!!! They serve up the BS, you guys lap it up and say, "yum, yum-- my that's tasty!"

So Maureen Dowd of The New York Times, is a right winger? :blink:

Huh? Non sequitor. Got a link to Dowd's recounting of the encounter? I'm quite confident she would say she knew he was kidding with her. It's the drug addled icon of the whacky Right who wasn't even present insinuating otherwise.

character assassination of anyone it perceives to be a threat.

Limbaugh-- a drug addled propagandist

Shot yourself in the foot there, Tex.

who dismissed torture at Abu Grahib as a prank

What happened at AG wasn't torture in any sense of the word. Humilitation.....yes, but definitely not torture. I do wish you libs would quit watering down the word. Pretty soon, it will lose all meaning.

character assassination of anyone it perceives to be a threat.

Limbaugh-- a drug addled propagandist

Shot yourself in the foot there, Tex.

Stating the facts isn't character assasination. Sometimes the truth hurts when it involves your idols, fella.

who dismissed torture at Abu Grahib as a prank

What happened at AG wasn't torture in any sense of the word. Humilitation.....yes, but definitely not torture. I do wish you libs would quit watering down the word. Pretty soon, it will lose all meaning.

You defend and agree with Rush. I'm shocked.

I'm not defending or agreeing with anyone other than myself. The libs crying torture at everything outside of silk pillow treatment is a slap in the face of those that have really suffered through actual torture....guys like Jerimiah Denton and John McCain.

Rush has his cross to bear IRT his pain killer addiction. I'm certainly not going to cast stones at him for something a lot of people battle.

I'm not defending or agreeing with anyone other than myself. The libs crying torture at everything outside of silk pillow treatment is a slap in the face of those that have really suffered through actual torture....guys like Jerimiah Denton and John McCain.

Rush has his cross to bear IRT his pain killer addiction. I'm certainly not going to cast stones at him for something a lot of people battle.

McCain is bothered more by what happened at Abu Grahib than you seem to be. You opposed McCain's torture bill that the WH and most Republicans didn't like, right? But that's another thread.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones as much as Rush. He makes a living throwing stones and having folks see him as a credible source worth citing and quoting. The fact that he's been drug addled much of his career should be a consideration for most folks who place so much trust in him.

Moreover, he's thrown stones at the people in his same situation. He has the largest radio audience in the country, I believe, and that invites scrutiny, especially when someone is such a hypocritical blowhard. If he'd really step up to the plate, accept responsibility, deal with the problem and stop being such an a**hole, I'd give him a break. But that would be like asking Rush not to breath. BTW, you'd throw stones at someone in his situation, depending on who it is. Don't kid yourself. But none of your post is on point for this particular thread.

Huh? Non sequitor. Got a link to Dowd's recounting of the encounter? I'm quite confident she would say she knew he was kidding with her. It's the drug addled icon of the whacky Right who wasn't even present insinuating otherwise.

Did you mean Non sequitur?

No I don't have a link, do you have a link to prove your "confident" speculation that "she knew"?

Talk about shooting the messenger, you need to get a grip.

BTW - One thing you are should be familiar with is hypocritical blowhard's. The dem part has more than their fair share and you have spent a great deal of time defending at all cost. Byrd, Kennedy, Kerry & Schumer all come to mind. Then there is the great Senator from the great State of Alabama Howell Heflin, rest his soul. Who BTW I voted for.

Did you mean Non sequitur?

Yes! Thanks for looking that up for me.

No I don't have a link, do you have a link to prove your "confident" speculation that "she knew"?

So you can't provide a link that supports your assertion, but you want me to provide a link that proves you can't do that? I guess it would be to this post.

Talk about shooting the messenger, you need to get a grip.

Non sequitur.

BTW - One thing you are should be familiar with is hypocritical blowhard's. The dem part has more than their fair share and you have spent a great deal of time defending at all cost. Byrd, Kennedy, Kerry & Schumer all come to mind. Then there is the great Senator from the great State of Alabama Howell Heflin, rest his soul. Who BTW I voted for.

When you have no argument, resort to your fantasy that I spend days on this board defending and lauding Teddy Kennedy. I am having the overwhelming sense of deja vu.

McCain is bothered more by what happened at Abu Grahib than you seem to be. You opposed McCain's torture bill that the WH and most Republicans didn't like, right? But that's another thread.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones as much as Rush. He makes a living throwing stones and having folks see him as a credible source worth citing and quoting. The fact that he's been drug addled much of his career should be a consideration for most folks who place so much trust in him.

Moreover, he's thrown stones at the people in his same situation. He has the largest radio audience in the country, I believe, and that invites scrutiny, especially when someone is such a hypocritical blowhard. If he'd really step up to the plate, accept responsibility, deal with the problem and stop being such an a**hole, I'd give him a break. But that would be like asking Rush not to breath. BTW, you'd throw stones at someone in his situation, depending on who it is. Don't kid yourself. But none of your post is on point for this particular thread.

The fact that he's been drug addled much of his career - Sorry, that's not fact. Thats your OPINION. You're spinning here, taking a grain of truth and exaggerating it to fit your own agenda. You can't deal w/ the facts, so you try to destroy the messenger. You're a classic hypocrite! Doing exactly what you accuse others of doing. You hate Rush, for being right, and then you lie about him not taking responsibility. How ridiculous for you to even dream that one up. He's been doing his radio show for near 20 yrs, and you somehow think that him not kicking his addiction of a few yrs makes him an a-hole ? Talk about a non sequitur !

Barack is a light weight, and even Maureen Dowd sees it . That's what really bugs you the most.

[. You can't deal w/ the facts, so you try to destroy the messenger.

You ignored the facts from the beginning of this thread and don't respond to my pointing that out. Instead, we get what you are really passionate about-- defending your hero who tells you how to think. Where would you be without Rush? Lost.

You ignored the facts from the beginning of this thread and don't respond to my pointing that out. Instead, we get what you are really passionate about-- defending your hero who tells you how to think. Where would you be without Rush? Lost.

I didn't ignore it so much as I dismissed it as nothing more than after the fact spin by folks who don't want any negative light cast on the new found rockstar, Barack. And the reason you don't like Rush is that he'll offer up facts which the Liberal media would rather just be left alone in the 1st place.

I didn't ignore it so much as I dismissed it as nothing more than after the fact spin by folks who don't want any negative light cast on the new found rockstar, Barack. And the reason you don't like Rush is that he'll offer up facts which the Liberal media would rather just be left alone in the 1st place.

The fact that you think Rush has cut to the quick of a burning issue says it all.

The fact that you think Rush has cut to the quick of a burning issue says it all.

The fact that he has and that it burns you up is rather humorous to me. :big:

Doesn't burn me up at all. Like I said from the start it is a classic illustration of how useful idiots like you get played. Fiction writers can't come up with better comedy than just watching how you guys "think."

Doesn't burn me up at all. Like I said from the start it is a classic illustration of how useful idiots like you get played. Fiction writers can't come up with better comedy than just watching how you guys "think."

What ever gets you through the night, TT.

What ever gets you through the night, TT.

For you, it's knowing Rush is always there. Sorry I hit such a nerve with you.

Archived