Saddam's dead

bigsixfive

I guess everything will be better now.

For the Kurd survivors of Saddam's slaughter of their kinfolk...yes.

Guest BoStillKnows

I'm sure things will be better for millions knowing the "Butcher of Baghdad" has received his just reward. Is it going to change things for our military and our effort to help Iraq with democracy? Only time will tell.

"Thou shalt not kill."

"Thou shalt not murder " , is how it actually reads. Too bad Saddam didn't live his life like that.

I love how Bottomfeeder can quote scripture for Saddam but not for unborn babies. Do you remember the Walls of Jericho? God brought down the walls so everyone (women and children and animlas) could be killed. Do remember sodom and Gomorroh? God wipes out and detests evil. We are commanded to help those is need and we are doing that.

I love how Bottomfeeder can quote scripture for Saddam but not for unborn babies. Do you remember the Walls of Jericho? God brought down the walls so everyone (women and children and animlas) could be killed. Do remember sodom and Gomorroh? God wipes out and detests evil. We are commanded to help those is need and we are doing that.

Are we really?

What are we doing in Darfur? C'mon man, anyone can see that Iraq is nothing more than a political stunt.

A cruel dictator met his just end at the hands of his countrymen. This is definately a good thing. Dictators around the world must be reflexively loosening their collars a little like Rodney Dangerfield.

The CNN teleprompter reader said the network is trying to decide whether or not to show excerpts of the hanging when they receive it from one of the arab networks.

Something tells me they will decide not show it, out of respect for Hussein and the network viewers. I'm curious to see if they have more respect for an executed dictator than they did for the American soldiers they showed gettiing shot dead a while back.

I guess mentioning the dead Iraqi children is totally out the question. Give me a break, the vendetta has taken place: "He tried to kill my daddy." GWB sometime in the past.

Well, I wished he had succeeded.

JunkToRead.jpg

The CNN teleprompter reader said the network is trying to decide whether or not to show excerpts of the hanging when they receive it from one of the arab networks.

Something tells me they will decide not show it, out of respect for Hussein and the network viewers. I'm curious to see if they have more respect for an executed dictator than they did for the American soldiers they showed gettiing shot dead a while back.

Fox has a video, but it doesn't show the hanging. It just shows the noose being put on.

Nice hypocrisy. Misinterpret the Bible on murder in an attempt to condemn Bush and American forces for giving Saddam's sins consequence, then you wish a man was dead. Way to spread Christianity by example.

Fox has a video, but it doesn't show the hanging. It just shows the noose being put on.

Nice hypocrisy. Misinterpret the Bible on murder in an attempt to condemn Bush and American forces for giving Saddam's sins consequence, then you wish a man was dead. Way to spread Christianity by example.

Well, actually it's not Christianity, it's Law, "an eye for an eye," right? So who's right and who's wrong? The country that sold the WMD or the guys who used them. Both are wrong and it's your money that bought the WMD for Saddam. Yea, I wished Saddam's coup had succeeded, so what, that's just a wish, God will deal with both of the Bush's before it's over. Are we spreading Christianity in Iraq? LOL! So which religion is the correct one Islam, Christianity, etc.? I think in the absence of science they are all wrong. Thou shalt no kill is a commandment, and doesn't seem to be adhered to by the Chritians. So why be a Christian if they do follow the law? It has me doubting my faith, because if the psycho that design that game at WALMART is a Christian and other Christians have not porotested it's sale, then I guess it's okay with them if a video streeses believe us or die as the new Christian mantra. This I want no part of becasue that's not what Christ said. Real Christians believe what Christ taught, and everything that has surfaced since the Bush Admin. took over has NOT aligned with true Christian doctrine. So, I ask again which religion is the correct one? I'm leaning towards Muslims.

...for giving Saddam's sins consequence...

Is that the job of Man or of God?

Both. You kick your dog, you go to jail. When you die, you're sent to Hell - unless you've accepted Christ, then you're forgiven. God will forgive you of the sin, but He won't remove the consequence of sin. Probably a bad example I just gave, considering multiple sins are involved. Kicking your dog brought an earthly consequence, but refusing to accept Christ would bring an eternal consequence.

Either way, my answer is still both. God commanded us to obey earthly laws (within reason), which places the repsonsibility of assigning punishment to those who disobey on man.

...for giving Saddam's sins consequence...

Is that the job of Man or of God?

Both. You kick your dog, you go to jail. When you die, you're sent to Hell - unless you've accepted Christ, then you're forgiven. God will forgive you of the sin, but He won't remove the consequence of sin. Probably a bad example I just gave, considering multiple sins are involved. Kicking your dog brought an earthly consequence, but refusing to accept Christ would bring an eternal consequence.

Either way, my answer is still both. God commanded us to obey earthly laws (within reason), which places the repsonsibility of assigning punishment to those who disobey on man.

According to the Holy Bible. But, if the Roman Catholic church admitted to changing some verses meanings. The first four books of the Old Testament have no ancient scriptures to reference. So, who's to say that those books are the real intent of God and not man?

According to the Holy Bible. But, if the Roman Catholic church admitted to changing some verses meanings. The first four books of the Old Testament have no ancient scriptures to reference. So, who's to say that those books are the real intent of God and not man?

Conspiracy theorists. The Lord asked us to have Faith. The Bible wasn't intended to be a historical document, it is a path to God through Jesus Christ.

"He tried to kill my daddy." GWB sometime in the past.

That doesn't sound too christianlike, BF.

Archived