Clemsons Burton Burns headed to Alabama

autigeremt

Burns to Alabama

Burton Burns By Brett Jensen

CUTigers.com

Date: Jan 15, 2007

CUTigers.com has learned that Clemson running backs coach Burton Burns is headed to Alabama.

I do not subscribe to their site, but this guy is a really good coach/recruiter. He was the man who recruited C.J. Spiller and James Davis to the Tigers.

Sounds like Saban is putting together a nice little coaching staff under his belt. The Bama administration has to be coughing up some big bucks for some of these guys,

Sounds like Saban is putting together a nice little coaching staff under his belt. The Bama administration has to be coughing up some big bucks for some of these guys,

200,000 a year. It's an 80,000 a year raise from what he was getting from Clemson.

Clemson is gearing up for a coaching change next year. Their AD has made it clear that the money has been put aside to buy out Bowden if he does not produce next season.

holy hell, saban done gone out and grabbed a bunch of position coaches, the sec must be quiverin like a deer in my q-beam.

holy hell, saban done gone out and grabbed a bunch of position coaches, the sec must be quiverin like a deer in my q-beam.

I don't think anyone should be scared, but I am personally happy at the quality of recruiters most of these guys are. There are about 5 out of the 9 that are considered top-notch recruiters, and most of them have experience in different areas.

Steele, Applewhite, Burns, Thompson, and Saban are all recruiters of extremely good talent in the past. That is very important. I read that Major Applewhite has had a few babies named after him in Texas, and that he can walk in practically any high school there.

Archived