South Carolina Fans to Handicaps: Get Out

SouthLink02

I resent having to park near or sit near grotesque, handicapped folks.

if they have $30,000, fine, otherwise, what the hades did they do to deserve great seats.

make way for the money people, if they are handicapped, we will make arrangements

time for everyone to carry the load, and if you have no arms, its not our fault, get the hades out of the way.

http://southcarolina.rivals.com/showmsg.as...017&style=2

And read some of the responses to this

finally someone else see's this problem too!
A Lawsuit waiting to happen.

There is no way to have a discussion like that without losing because it's near impossible to separate the emotional from the factual argument.

if they have $30,000, fine, otherwise, what the hades did they do to deserve great seats.

make way for the money people, if they are handicapped, we will make arrangements

What sort of circular, self-contradictory argument is this anyway? "Get rid of the handicapped! ...but if they're handicapped, we'll make arrangements."

Or is he saying arrangments should made only for the moneyed handicapped?

:blink:

What sort of circular, self-contradictory argument is this anyway? "Get rid of the handicapped! ...but if they're handicapped, we'll make arrangements."

The latter. He's saying that everyone should have to pay the appropriate price for the good seats. If they want those primo spots, they should have to pay whatever the going rate for a seat in that area is or get out.

The latter. He's saying that everyone should have to pay the appropriate price for the good seats. If they want those primo spots, they should have to pay whatever the going rate for a seat in that area is or get out.

When I was at Auburn ('96-'00) I used to work at the barricades that were on the four streets surrounding the stadium and the barricades for the luxury box parking area (the lot that was south of the eagle's cage, east of the Haley Center). The parking area also included the handicap lot. We would constantly see 16-20 year old kids driving up in cars with one of the blue handicap hangtags on the mirror. There would be no obvious disability (I'm not going to rule out that they could be legit) so I would assume that these punks were borrowing Granny's hang tag.

It would really pi$$ me off because inevitably we would run out of handicap spaces (there were only 10 or so in that area) and have to find a place for them to park. That kind of thing makes m really mad.

But calling people grotesque for their disabilities? That is totally uncalled for, elitist, and is a sign of someone who never learned to "walk a mile in the other person's shoes". I cannot fathom the kind of thinking it would take to bitch about something like that.

When I was at Auburn ('96-'00) I used to work at the barricades that were on the four streets surrounding the stadium and the barricades for the luxury box parking area (the lot that was south of the eagle's cage, east of the Haley Center). The parking area also included the handicap lot. We would constantly see 16-20 year old kids driving up in cars with one of the blue handicap hangtags on the mirror. There would be no obvious disability (I'm not going to rule out that they could be legit) so I would assume that these punks were borrowing Granny's hang tag.

It would really pi$$ me off because inevitably we would run out of handicap spaces (there were only 10 or so in that area) and have to find a place for them to park. That kind of thing makes m really mad.

You need to be careful with those kind of thoughts though....because you dont know. Now, I'm not saying everyone ...everyone with a handicap tag is legit, but just because of their age or the way they may seem to you doesnt mean they may not be handicapped. Case in point my wife is 29 years old...she has had a full right leg hip replacement (as well as some other ailments that keep her from being able to walk long distances (especially up hilled areas (ie Auburn Campus))....to anybody else she looks perfectly fine and normal (in fact we get looks from people and have even gotten yelled at by older folks for parking in a handicap spot). She tries not to use it all the time, but we always use it for football games because it just to much for her. All I'm saying is try not to judge, because you just never know.

You need to be careful with those kind of thoughts though....because you dont know. Now, I'm not saying everyone ...everyone with a handicap tag is legit, but just because of their age or the way they may seem to you doesnt mean they may not be handicapped. Case in point my wife is 29 years old...she has had a full right leg hip replacement (as well as some other ailments that keep her from being able to walk long distances (especially up hilled areas (ie Auburn Campus))....to anybody else she looks perfectly fine and normal (in fact we get looks from people and have even gotten yelled at by older folks for parking in a handicap spot). She tries not to use it all the time, but we always use it for football games because it just to much for her. All I'm saying is try not to judge, because you just never know.

100% agreed that there could be a legit reason for the kids showing up with the hang tags. Hence the part I bolded above, however seeing 6 kids pile out a SUV and show absolutely no sign of a limp makes you wonder.

That was cool job though, working the luxury suite parking area. Especially when Jimmy Raines pulled up in his yellow H1 looking like he was about to invade Baghdad.

100% agreed that there could be a legit reason for the kids showing up with the hang tags. Hence the part I bolded above, however seeing 6 kids pile out a SUV and show absolutely no sign of a limp makes you wonder.

That was cool job though, working the luxury suite parking area. Especially when Jimmy Raines pulled up in his yellow H1 looking like he was about to invade Baghdad.

I know what you are talking about, I see it happen on campus alot today actually. Students pull up with the tags and literally leap out and start jogging to class.

Most times its someone that injured themselves, or friend got hurt and was on crutches or something for a few days but the tag lasts for a entire month.

My wife and I both have handicapped tags. Blonde Wasabi was born with a several disabilities, some of you that have met her know what her disabliities are, in which she has had over 20 surgeries in her lifetime (all before she was 24 years old), to make it a little easier for her to live a somewhat normal life. Even after the last two major surgeries she had to correct some leg length and ankle issues, she still has mobility issues. We joke around how I was healthy and in great shape until I met her, then my health went downhill. I took care of her in her last two surgeries, and with all her problems, we never would have thought she would have had to eventually take care of me with four back surgeries. :lol:

Before I started having my problems, BW and I were able to go to an AU game in which we had upper deck seats. Making that walk on the concourse was not kind to her, and know with my problems, we will have to have lower deck seats or it would be tough for us to go, but it does not have to be handicap seats which is mostly for people confined to wheelchairs. But, even with our car tags, we do not park in handicap spots unless we are having a bad day with our ailments or we are somewhere that would require a very long walk if we did not park in them. Otherwise, we leave them for some elderly folk that may need them. I do see people park in them that do not look like they should be, but I know there are times people probably look at me when I do use it and think that I should not be, because on the outside I look healthy, but on the inside, I have pain running down my back and into my legs, which depending on how bad the pain is, sometimes it causes me to limp and sometimes it does not.

However, when it comes to concerts in which everybody is standing most of the time, because BW is only 4'7, we found that it was best of her to have handicap seating because generally those have no seats in front of them where you have to look over people. Also, because of her height and also the disabilities she has with both legs, it is very hard for her to walk up a bunch of steep steps like you find in stadiums and arenas.

So, when I see jerks like what is on that South Carolina board running their mouth about handicap seats, I want to kick them in the throat. Then tell them how sorry of a person they must be in thinking they are being "inconvenienced" with football seats when the people that sit in those handicap seats are inconvenienced everyday with doing things that most of us take for granted. I am trying to rehab my issue and try to get back to as close to normal as I can, but my beautiful wife for the most part has to live with the way she is for the rest of her life because the doctors have did pretty much all the can do to help her out physically. Most in her situation would have chosen to be on disability and not work, but she did not go that route. Of course BW will tell you that she does not have any disabilities, she just has daily challenges she has to overcome. That "overcomer...no quit" attitude is one of the many reasons I LOVE MY WOMAN!!!

What's with kids these days? In my day we just forged grad student parking passes. DOH!

They run the scanner on em now and match tags. High tech breaking down on that stuff. Not much grad student parking left though to be honest with the construction and new parking decks.

What's with kids these days? In my day we just forged grad student parking passes. DOH!

They run the scanner on em now and match tags. High tech breaking down on that stuff. Not much grad student parking left though to be honest with the construction and new parking decks.

This is the trade off you wipper snappers have to endure since you have cable modems in lieu of 4800 bps modems!

Archived