Ben Tate: One more reason to be excited

HarpyTrain

After watching a couple of this kids plays at the Cotton Bowl - including a 20 + yard run down the sideline that happened very fast - I think we should all be very excited to have him for the next few years. I just hope he works hard and studies his film. If he does that he will be an awesome back. He already has all of the intangibles + he is big, fast, and hits the gap hard. With the signing of the that blue chipper kid from arkansas and kody burns plus Tate this Auburn team will compete for naional titles over the next few years. So :ua: can kiss our :moon: ! We will be on top over the next few years. And remember, CTT's record against Saban the wundercoach @ LSWho is 3-2 baby. I have faith in Coach Tubbs! WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, please take these comments in the proper light when I say that I think we will be in better shape at RB next year. I love KI and what he did for AU. But, the fact is, he was banged up all year and generally not as productive as he could have been. Tate and Irons (Or Lester for that matter) have totally different running styles. Every time Tate touches the ball, I think how much I can't wait to see this guy as our #1 guy.

CTT has had nothing but rave reviews for the kid since the minute he set foot on campus. (CTT will not keep the redshirt off you otherwise). Eddie Gran said right after he signed that he is the real deal. This is not to put pressure on the kid or even say he's in the same league. But, his running style reminds me of one Vincent Bo Jackson. He's big, strong, fast and looks absolutely effortless as he blows by people.

If he stays healthy, I fully anticipate BT being our #1 RB very early on next year.

Yea our runningback situation is looking pretty good! I am kinda worried about our offensive line and our receivers though. Some of the guys are going to have to step up big time. I have a feeling that CTT will have the boys coached up and ready!

Okay, please take these comments in the proper light when I say that I think we will be in better shape at RB next year. I love KI and what he did for AU. But, the fact is, he was banged up all year and generally not as productive as he could have been. Tate and Irons (Or Lester for that matter) have totally different running styles. Every time Tate touches the ball, I think how much I can't wait to see this guy as our #1 guy.

CTT has had nothing but rave reviews for the kid since the minute he set foot on campus. (CTT will not keep the redshirt off you otherwise). Eddie Gran said right after he signed that he is the real deal. This is not to put pressure on the kid or even say he's in the same league. But, his running style reminds me of one Vincent Bo Jackson. He's big, strong, fast and looks absolutely effortless as he blows by people.

If he stays healthy, I fully anticipate BT being our #1 RB very early on next year.

That is an excellent way to describe it - he absolutely blew by people on this run he had and it was so smooth and effortless - it seemed like he could do it over and over again. And not to take anything away from KI - but it just seem harder for him to pile on the yards. Tate just motors on. I think he will be #1 early on too. Looking forward to watching him. I am as excited about him as I was about Caddilac.

Peace

Bo? Not even close.

Ron Dayne? Yes.

Yeah, not to put too much pressure on the kid, but he reminds me of a combination of Bo Jackson, Hershcal Walker, Emmitt Smith, Darren McFadden, O.J. Simpson (from his USC days), and a dash of Joe Cribbs. No pressure or anything.

Why do you always have to be such a contrarian?

A contrarian? Is that like a librarian?

"The Next Bo" reminds me of the constant "next Bear" references. Thank goodness there are no photos of Brent Fullwood, James Joseph, Stacy Danley, James Bostic, Stephen Davis, Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown or any of the other great Auburn backs leaning up against a goal post with a ghosted out Bo leaning on the other side.

Boy, I said boy. Pay attention now boy. I said "Not to say he's even in the same league as Bo." Para. I just think his running style is similar because of how big and smooth he is.

Bo? Not even close.

Ron Dayne? Yes.

Who's Ron Dayne?

"The Next Bo" reminds me of the constant "next Bear" references. Thank goodness there are no photos of Brent Fullwood, James Joseph, Stacy Danley, James Bostic, Stephen Davis, Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown or any of the other great Auburn backs leaning up against a goal post with a ghosted out Bo leaning on the other side.

Great post!

Great post!

I'd buy one.

Why do you always have to be such a contrarian?

A contrarian? Is that like a librarian?

It's someone who's really good at THIS game...

contra.jpg

^ ^ v v < > < > B A select start

If I had my druthers, I'd have Ben starting and have Brad come off the bench for that change of pace, extra gear back. I really like that combination. I think it doesn't work as well the other way around. Once they get used to Brad's speed, Ben won't look quite as fast ( I am NOT saying Ben is slow)....

:au::homer:

If I had my druthers, I'd have Ben starting and have Brad come off the bench for that change of pace, extra gear back. I really like that combination. I think it doesn't work as well the other way around. Once they get used to Brad's speed, Ben won't look quite as fast ( I am NOT saying Ben is slow)....

:au::homer:

Well, he's no Bo Jackson

Guest Tigrinum Major

Bo Jackson wore pads to protect the opposing players.

Bo Jackson is radioactive to uranium.

Bo Jackson once ran up the side of Haley Center and then spit onto the concourse, killing a Phi Mu that was hit in the forehead.

Bo Jackson never went to class. Classes came to Bo Jackson.

The Supper Club Bus rides Bo Jackson.

Bo Jackson caused the floor at the Harbert Center to move by simply walking across it (only civil engineering geeks will get that one.)

The Grim Reaper has a Bo Jackson lunchbox.

Michael Jordan is the world's greatest basketball player, because Bo Jackson never played basketball.

Bo Jackson doesn't work for the CIA. The CIA works for Bo Jackson.

Bo Jackson wore pads to protect the opposing players.

Bo Jackson is radioactive to uranium.

Bo Jackson once ran up the side of Haley Center and then spit onto the concourse, killing a Phi Mu that was hit in the forehead.

Bo Jackson never went to class. Classes came to Bo Jackson.

The Supper Club Bus rides Bo Jackson.

Bo Jackson caused the floor at the Harbert Center to move by simply walking across it (only civil engineering geeks will get that one.)

The Grim Reaper has a Bo Jackson lunchbox.

Michael Jordan is the world's greatest basketball player, because Bo Jackson never played basketball.

Bo Jackson doesn't work for the CIA. The CIA works for Bo Jackson.

That's Chuck Norris, stupid.

Ben reminds me more of rudi johnson as far as his running "style." He runs very upright and balanced, vs KI who runs leaning forward. It gives him more pop, and he tends to fall forward, but he sacrifices some balance. Remember how Rudi would bounce off tacklers like a pinball. I see Ben being that type of runner. Although I think he is much quicker and can outside the tackles better. In that regard, he is more similar to Bo. I have been very impressed with his quickness for his size. Its very deceptive.

E. Davis could be his counterpart if he pans out. We will always have 2 quality backs ready to play.

Bo? Not even close.

Ron Dayne? Yes.

um...no.

Ben weighs 204 and has very very good cutting ability.

Ron Dayne played at 254 his senior year of college...and ran downhill only.

to even compare them is laughable.

Archived