bit of a recruiting shakeup this weekend

Fmnstr

ryan williams took an OV to clemson and claims his decision was shaken up quite a bit. he is quoted as saying (by clemson writers, mind you) that he can't say how committed he is to AU now.

michael mcneil took a trip to the crapstone this weekend and has cancelled his planned announcement on tuesday. says the visit was an "eye-opener" and that his grandfather really like mrs. saban. yes, you read that right. BOL claims he and his grandfather will sit down to make the decision and he will announce when he feels ready.

no word on chapman as of yet. no news is good news from turdtown.

i feel confident in our ability to still pick up williams. mcneil is absolutely up in the air, but i will be 100% shocked (and convinced of shady dealings) if he signs with bama after all this time. gut feelings: chapman switches, we land mcneil and williams. weird weekend.

bit of a stalkerish update from a rivals member:

chapman's listed school on facebook has gone from AU 2011 to none. does that mean anything? who knows.

ryan williams took an OV to clemson and claims his decision was shaken up quite a bit. he is quoted as saying (by clemson writers, mind you) that he can't say how committed he is to AU now.

michael mcneil took a trip to the crapstone this weekend and has cancelled his planned announcement on tuesday. says the visit was an "eye-opener" and that his grandfather really like mrs. saban. yes, you read that right. BOL claims he and his grandfather will sit down to make the decision and he will announce when he feels ready.

i feel confident in our ability to still pick up williams. mcneil is absolutely up in the air, but i will be 100% shocked (and convinced of shady dealings) if he signs with bama after all this time. gut feelings: chapman switches, we land mcneil and williams. weird weekend.

So because he is interested in UA after a great official...then we cheated? How about the fact that Saban puts safeties in the NFL? How about the fact that Saban actually coaches the DBs? Or our facilities? Or the fact that he'd get on the field sooner at Bama than he would at UA?

Oh noooooo. It just means that we cheated.

"after all this time"...what was he supposed to be interested in Bama while we didnt have a coach?

So because he is interested in UA after a great official...then we cheated? How about the fact that Saban puts safeties in the NFL? How about the fact that Saban actually coaches the DBs? Or our facilities? Or the fact that he'd get on the field sooner at Bama than he would at UA?

"after all this time"...what was he supposed to be interested in Bama while we didnt have a coach?

my point is that after all the heavy interest he has shown in fsu and auburn, after being set enough in a decision as to call a press conference for tuesday to announce (between the two, ostensibly), suddenly he takes a trip to nicky's neverland ranch, has a few of mrs. saban's homemade desserts, watches some film, and he's suddenly switching after a weekend? the kid is smart and has said he's going to take his time and not make an emotional decision. i understand that he had a good time, and considering his stature in the recruiting pool, bama was certainly up to put on a real show for him. but to go from a 50-50 auburn or fsu to 100% alabama would be a chin-scratcher. stranger things have happened (see carnell), but i just don't see it. mcneil signs with auburn or fsu.

here's a napkin, wipe your chin.

When you have built a reputation of cheating and you have an athletic director that will do anything inside or outside the rules to win, you are always going to have that stigma attached to your program. Whether you like or not, the aforementioned does apply to the bammer program.

When you have built a reputation of cheating and you have an athletic director that will do anything inside or outside the rules to win, you are always going to have that stigma attached to your program. Whether you like or not, the aforementioned does apply to the bammer program.

Quick! Who has been on probation more - Alabama or Auburn?

Quick, when was the last time Auburn was on probation and when was the last time bammer was on probation and how long since the last time before they were put on probation? Oh, and who was the athletic director when they were put on probation?

Quick, when was the last time Auburn was on probation and when was the last time bammer was on probation and how long since the last time before they were put on probation? Oh, and who was the athletic director when they were put on probation?

Quick, who was put on probation most recently and just 5 years after their last probation? And, who was the Athletic Director?

Well according to the NCAA, the Athletic Director had nothing to do with it. Like I've said before, you can't take their word as gold when they are bashing us/punishing us...and then take liberties with the rest of their words to fit your argument.

Secondly, Saban has already been noted as one who does it by the book. To assume that we have to pay kids to get them away from Auburn or FSU is a mistake.

And I think I listed plenty of reasons WHY a kid may change his decision. All make more sense than the blanket "well they cheated" scenario. Auburn fans have blamed every win and every period of good fortune in Alabama history on cheating...I think since we've put our transgressions behind us (just recently), it'd be nice if you guys weren't a total cliche for a change.

Please see the Possum's Recruiting Guide.

It is clear that when a school you don't like gets a player you want, it is cheating. If Bama gets McNeil, they cheated. If Auburn gets McNeil, he was above being suckered in by those slimy cheaters in Tuscaloosa.

This is how it works. There is no reason to argue, because there doesn't have to be a reason. This is recruiting logic.

I want McNeil. I really do. BUT, if he has to "seriously" consider BAMA? I can understand FSU. Reportedly, he's grown up an FSU fan. But, considering BAMA in this stage of the game, makes me doubt some things. I want these kids to go where they feel most comfortable. And I hope we get the most emotionally stable and suitable kids that we can find. If a kid is wavering a lot toward the end, after having put that much effort into their decision--something isn't right. Especially, when it's an outside team that they were not even considering. I believe CTT knows how to recruit so I have faith in he and his staff. I must admit though, I'd be tempted to pull some offers from some of these late visitors--especially being in a position that is already in the top 10 in the country. If for nothing else but to send a msg.

Well, these kids are egos, even at this point in the game. They are celebrities at their HS and in the community. The local newspaper drools all over them. Its no stretch that they'll enjoy the limelight. They are going to work this for all its worth. They love the media and recruiting world frenzy they can create. And they love that a school will fall all over themselves to recruit them and make an impression when they come to campus. He's just petting his ego. Whomever he chooses, I hope he picks the right fit for him. And I know this will sound like a "we didn't want him anyway post" but these are the kids that I love and hate in the same breath. Their egos don't let them put the team before themselves, but their talent makes them a difference maker regardless. Sometimes I'd just assume have a 3 star guy that really wants to be at Auburn and knows his role on the team.

Secondly, Saban has already been noted as one who does it by the book.

Noted? Noted by whom? That's a pretty big stretch, BG. Of all the things Saban is known for, being an on-the-level, follow-the-rules guy is WAY, WAY, WAY down the list. In fact, being a stand-up guy isn't even ON the list.

Noted? Noted by whom? That's a pretty big stretch, BG. Of all the things Saban is known for, being an on-the-level, follow-the-rules guy is WAY, WAY, WAY down the list. In fact, being a stand-up guy isn't even ON the list.

I don't recall him every being labeled as a cheater. Cut throat recruiter, sure. But breaking the rules? Hmmmm.

I don't recall him every being labeled as a cheater. Cut throat recruiter, sure. But breaking the rules? Hmmmm.

You indicated that he had a reputation for "playing by the book". That's a stretch. You'd have to show me the book, because I don't think many other coaches are familar with it. At least not the honest ones.

Yeah, he's definitely got that rep. Dirtbag. Dirtbags don't "go by the book".

BG, because Galen says so... Because Galen says so...

Not me, hoss. Ask Albert Means. And some of the people in Mobile.

He's a dirtbag. Ed Orgeron -- one of the dirtiest birds in the SEC -- aspires to be Saban.

BG, because Galen says so... Because Galen says so...

C'mon, just admit Saban's buying players. It's the first step to recovery. :poke::roflol:

Insisting on proof is just a form of rationalization and denial. :homer:

Archived