Bill Curry's solution to switching verbals

Guest Tigrinum Major

That is the Very Thing I suggested about six months ago, have a early signing period in June or July. If the kid doesn't want to commit....Fine, he doesn't have to, but if he knows where he wants to go, then he should go ahead and commit then he should get his Head in the Books and Butt in the Weight Room. I think this would eleviate Some of the problems, only if a good number of the kids would sign early.

I don't like the idea.

If a kid changes his mind then what's the big deal? Get over it and move on.

Maybe the real problem is people getting a wee bit too excited about things before signing day. Breathe in, breathe out, and be patient. Don't count your chickens before they hatch and all that good stuff. I mean if a kid is "solid" for your program and allows himself to be bought away by another team, maybe he wasn't so good for your program after all.

I don't like the idea.

If a kid changes his mind then what's the big deal? Get over it and move on.

Maybe the real problem is people getting a wee bit too excited about things before signing day. Breathe in, breathe out, and be patient. Don't count your chickens before they hatch and all that good stuff. I mean if a kid is "solid" for your program and allows himself to be bought away by another team, maybe he wasn't so good for your program after all.

By having this, you eliminate a huge potential for recruiting violations. It makes more sense to get it out of the way, for all parties involved. You are one of the ones who just like the game. Have you ever had to go through this process? If so, you understand the craziness involved. If not, then you have no idea of the crap that goes on.

Archived