Satan can afford monster of a house

JohnDeere

Link

Sabans purchase house for nearly $2.9 million

2/21/2007, 10:03 a.m. CT

The Associated Press

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Alabama coach Nick Saban and his wife, Terry, have bought a $2.9 million home in the city's exclusive Crowne Pointe subdivision, according to county appraisal records.

The Sabans closed on the 7,342-square-foot house on Feb. 14, The Birmingham News reported Wednesday.

The house, which has a stucco exterior, spans two lots and is completely enclosed by trees and landscaping.

Alabama hired Saban in January with an eight-year deal worth $4 million a year. The money is guaranteed.

Saban had been staying in the Paul W. Bryant Academic Center near his office.

Built in 1997, the 11-room house has four bedrooms and 5 1/2 bathrooms. The Sabans bought it from Sarah Faye Vaughan, who paid $2.336 million for it in 2004.

The house is considerably pricier than the home Saban's predecessor, Mike Shula, bought last July. Shula, who was paid $1.55 million a year, bought a 7,000-square-foot home in the NorthRiver subdivision that was listed for $1.295 million.

The Sabans moved out of their home outside Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on Feb. 7, national signing day. Their possessions were moved to Tuscaloosa on an 18-wheeler with "Crimson Tide football" on the front. The truck is used to transport equipment and uniforms for road games.

___

Well......Atleast he has a house big enough to hold his FAT HEAD (Ego) now. So, when is Cns going to put up the Electric Fence with Razor Wire on top, to keep the Tards out? Now, do we consider this a House or Bomb Shelter?

Well......Atleast he has a house big enough to hold his FAT HEAD (Ego) now. So, when is Cns going to put up the Electric Fence with Razor Wire on top, to keep the Tards out? Now, do we consider this a House or Bomb Shelter?

Alas, no fence alone can keep the Tards away....he'll need a mean-ass German Shepherd to keep Collette off the property. Particularly if they truly are "bowlin' baby".

Of course, he could put up a chain link fence. One coat of Tartar Control Crest and he'll be safe and sound. It's better than garlic for vampires.

4 bedrooms and 5 1/2 baths thats a strange floorplan for a double wide. If he loses a game next year he may need a big fence to keep the bricks out

7000sq ft for 1.25mil sounds like shular should go into real estate with the deal he got on that house

Here is hoping that the housing market stays strong in T-Town so he can sell that house fast when he leaves in 2 years or so.

7000sq ft for 1.25mil sounds like shular should go into real estate with the deal he got on that house

My thoughts exactly when I read that.

bammer logic: "Man Saban bought him one expensive house, I bet he wouldn't have bought one that nice and big if he wasn't plannin on retirin' here."

outside logic: "There are houses in tuscaloosa that cost that much? What a waste of money."

What in heaven's name does this house have that makes it so expensive? $2.9 million for a 10 year old house? I don't blame him at all for buying an expensive house, he has the money, but I just don't understand. I don't know that market. Guess it doesn't really matter, but I just don't understand.

bammer logic: "Man Saban bought him one expensive house, I bet he wouldn't have bought one that nice and big if he wasn't plannin on retirin' here."

outside logic: "There are houses in tuscaloosa that cost that much? What a waste of money."

actually, that was the logic quite a few of yall were using when the rumors about CTT going to the NFL came up. they were just finishing construction on his at the time i believe.

actually, that was the logic quite a few of yall were using when the rumors about CTT going to the NFL came up. they were just finishing construction on his at the time i believe.

CTT has had two HC jobs, how many has Sabear had? :boxing:

I'm guessing from the reply you've seen that logic used somewhere already.

Actually I dont recall that at all. He hasnt built a house that I know of recently. He had a house at the lake up for sale a while back, I dont think it sold. He is still in his house in Auburn. A very nice, typical upper middle income home a couple of blocks from Chette Williams' home if you want to know the price range.

i was thinking the same thing, also if i remember correctly neither the cowboys nor the falcons pursued CTT as a HC.

i was thinking the same thing, also if i remember correctly neither the cowboys nor the falcons pursued CTT as a HC.

CTT ain't going anywhere. He's putting the finishing touches on an 11,000 sq. ft. home in Auburn. Sounds to me like he's with us until the cows come home. (No pun intended ).

Tubs moved his mother to Lee county a while back. He is building a new home here. Why would he move?

and note, i said "when the RUMORS...." i never said they did pursue him, even though there were a few AU fans that were certain he would at least be on the list.

Real quick, I didnt see those posts, but I dont know that CTT has built a house or plans to. The house Kim and I went to was a fine home, but not much bigger than ours, a lot newer though. I have heard nothing from friends of CTT about a move either.

CTT is a lot more like the rest of the board here. He drives a fairly rough Silverado, etc.

Real quick, I didnt see those posts, but I dont know that CTT has built a house or plans to. The house Kim and I went to was a fine home, but not much bigger than ours, a lot newer though. I have heard nothing from friends of CTT about a move either.

CTT is a lot more like the rest of the board here. He drives a fairly rough Silverado, etc.

actually he drives a blue 2007 four door titan. Dyas nissan had his old silverado for sale after he traded it in.

actually he drives a blue 2007 four door titan. Dyas nissan had his old silverado for sale after he traded it in.

I stand corrected then. Does Suzanne still drive the Big M?

Archived