Ann Coulter

bojack34

I have heard that Maher was sorry for the comments. I have not heard that he actually apologized tho. Evidently approving of the death of someone is okay, just do not refer to them being gay, or metrosexual while you applaud their death.

Ranger is right. Edwards is an easy metrosexual. He would have to plead no lo contendre to that charge.

Is he sorry for what he said (and presumably believes/wants) or because of the bad PR?

Will Coulter be required to attend "sensitivity training" now? Maybe she and Maher can be class mates.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard that Maher was sorry for the comments. I have not heard that he actually apologized tho. Evidently approving of the death of someone is okay, just do not refer to them being gay, or metrosexual while you applaud their death.

Ranger is right. Edwards is an easy metrosexual. He would have to plead no lo contendre to that charge.

Is he sorry for what he said (and presumably believes/wants) or because of the bad PR?

Will Coulter be required to attend "sensitivity training" now? Maybe she and Maher can be class mates.

He was sad he got caught. Funny, as you say Coulter was exactly right. You cant say the f-word without going to rehab. Looks like she may be proved right after all. If I were her I might go just to make the freakin point that she was right.

What none of you so-called "conservatives" understand is that it is simply wrong and uttterly classless for a person of any political stripe to call someone a "gay person" whether they are gay or not. Coulter simply reflects you guys.

PS: I wrote this before Otter's post-- I don't consider him a "so-called 'conservative'". He's in that disappearing breed of classic conservative.

I don't really see anything wrong with what she said. This is America. She has the right to free speech and I hope she exercises it to the fullest. I can imagine that all over the country people were talking about it and many were recoiling when she was defended by her apologists as she is here. That's got to be good for some votes, so, keep on talking Ann, you mouth!!!

Al, are you reading the same thread I am? I do believe most conservatives on this thread have said they do not agree with what she said. Most think it was classless. However, don't confuse the fact that we are pointing out liberal hypocrisy by trying to make it sound like we are applauding Coulter for what she said.

As I stated in my lengthy post above, it is possible to denounce somebody's actions while at the same time exposing the hypocrisy of the condemners.

Al, are you reading the same thread I am? I do believe most conservatives on this thread have said they do not agree with what she said. Most think it was classless. However, don't confuse the fact that we are pointing out liberal hypocrisy by trying to make it sound like we are applauding Coulter for what she said.

As I stated in my lengthy post above, it is possible to denounce somebody's actions while at the same time exposing the hypocrisy of the condemners.

And, unfortunately, this is the mark of what currently passes for "so-called conservatives." They insist that others who don't share their views be held "accountable", but cannot simply state that classless behavior is classless without trying to deflect equal blame to someone else they disagree with. When Whoopie Goldberg was classless a few years back, she was just classless, period. The same is true for Coulter. Comparisons aren't necessary. Wrong is wrong, but most of you guys can never let it go at that. Take each case as it comes and call it what it is, regardless of who does it.

You don't applaud Coulter-- you deflect criticism of her when she deserves it, which is what makes you an apologist for her. She does this kind of crap because she makes a ton of money off of "so-called conservatives" eat this crap up, and many who don't still defend her by deflecting criticism.

Funny, as you say Coulter was exactly right. You cant say the f-word without going to rehab. Looks like she may be proved right after all. If I were her I might go just to make the freakin point that she was right.

I can't believe some of the crap you guys swallow whole and spew back. "You can't say the f-word without going to rehab." Really? Ever been to rehab? Ever said the F-word? Everyone here: Ever said the F-word? Ever gone to rehab for it? If not, quit repeating stupid lies.

To date, one guy on a TV show made an ass of himself at an awards show by refusing to admit he said it. The guy obviously has issues with reality, so he said he was seeking help. Until that point, though, the well-known fact that he had said it, and not just said it, but became enraged and physical with a fellow cast member on the set, thus disrupting the workplace, seemed to be blowing over until he made such a public ass of himself again.

Coulter wasn't right. If you still believe this crap, you more in denial than the ONE actor who denied saying it int he first place. Even worse, you more in denial than Bammer fans. :poke:

Tex, she didnt even actually call Edwards an f-word. She simply implied that she might do so.

As of right now, this is an obsessed thing with those on the Left. It was not that funny, nor memorable. I dont know of a Conservative anywhere that supports/defends her. She is a big girl. She can defend herself.

But if hse had said that Edwards was a metrosexual. I would agree to that easy. Like I said no lo contendre.

Tex, she didnt even actually call Edwards an f-word. She simply implied that she might do so.

As of right now, this is an obsessed thing with those on the Left. It was not that funny, nor memorable. I dont know of a Conservative anywhere that supports/defends her. She is a big girl. She can defend herself.

But if hse had said that Edwards was a metrosexual. I would agree to that easy. Like I said no lo contendre.

He's the Breck girl. But your straining at gnats when you say: "she didnt even actually call Edwards an f-word. She simply implied that she might do so." She said if she did talk about him she'd have to call him that. C'mon.

But if she had said that Edwards was a metrosexual. I would agree to that easy. Like I said no lo contendre.

He's the Breck girl. But your straining at gnats when you say: "she didnt even actually call Edwards an f-word. She simply implied that she might do so." She said if she did talk about him she'd have to call him that. C'mon.

To paraphrase Clinton: "It all depends on what your definition of the word implied." She didnt actually do it....yet. Tex, like I said before, some in the media dont think there is any bad publicity. I bet Coulter is laughing all the way to the bank.

Yeah, David, we're sooooooo obsessed with Ann Coulter. Tell me again, who started this thread? Your conservative buddy bojack34 who also said " I applaud ANN COULTER for saying what she said about John Edwards, even though I'm not sure he really is gay, and I don't think she does either."

As I said, I like it when Coulter opens his mouth because it makes it easier to recognize all of the roaches.

I used to think she was really funny. I liked how she got under the left's skin. But she's become a cartoon and I'm embarrassed that she gets so much airtime as a voice of conservatism.

Besides the N word and the F word, what other words should go into the eligible for rehab category?

R word -- redneck

C word --cracker

H word -- hilbilly

W word -- wetback

S word --spic

W word --wop

Q word --queer

L word --liberal

Any others?

Once again the MEDIA has made up an issue. Her whole speech was one joke after another. This was not a serious debate. This was not the same as the Isaiah Wachington case. She was using that event to show how idiotic the MEDIA and gays are. From what the MEDIA reported, he went to rehab for using the word. You guys supposing he went for other reasons are only speculating, becuase the MEDIA has not reported he had other issues. They want everyone to believe it is because he said something against the poor little indefensable gay person. Read the whole speech and see that she had been making funnies about all dims. It just so happened to be Edward's turn. And since there have been youtube videos showing him to be a little light, she used him. She has come out and said that she knows he's not gay. And she also siad she did not want him dead. I am a conservative and I support her right to make jokes about anyone she wants to make jokes about.

Ann fires back

I can deal with Ann Coulter when I take her for what she is- the bamaperry of the Republican party.

She is good for comic relief, nothing more.

That's my whole thing.

Freedom of speech.

She's not a politician. It's not like Tim Hardaway saying he hates gay people and thinks they shouldn't exist in America or the world. It was part of her act. Crude, yes, but that's her schtick. Being completely un-PC to get under the skin of the left. And I happen to think that's funny.

Sara Silverman can say much worse in her standup, but it's ok because she's not directly associated with idealistic Conservatism. In fact, if Bill Maher would have said the same thing about an effiminate Conservative, it would have been laughed off and nothing would have been brought from it.

I'm not "defending" what she says, but I guess I'm "defending" her right to say it. Especially as a comedian, which is essentially all that she is.

Yeah, David, we're sooooooo obsessed with Ann Coulter. Tell me again, who started this thread? Your conservative buddy bojack34 who also said " I applaud ANN COULTER for saying what she said about John Edwards, even though I'm not sure he really is gay, and I don't think she does either."

As I said, I like it when Coulter opens his mouth because it makes it easier to recognize all of the roaches.

Yeah, I've been kind of sorry that you dems have decided to for the most part, censor yourselves about VP Cheney being hospitalized.

But I did find a couple.

Dick Cheney hospitalized

2 Comments

shorty114

January 11, 2006 10:58 pm | Link

I wouldn’t mind if he snuffed it… actually, I’d probably throw a party.

c00per

March 5, 2007 9:45 pm | Link

I heard that he had a blood clot and that doctors were watching him closely to see if it could manage to find its way to his brain because they couldn’t find the damn thing either.

http://www.homelandstupidity.us/2006/01/09...y-hospitalized/

The Huffington Post

Some of the comments posted to the Cheney news story are highly offensive (try absolutely vile), and we will therefore delete them. While we at the Huffington Post believe that the public has the right to know what the Vice President was at the Vail hospital for, we only wish him the best of health.

Comments for this post are now closed

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/01/09/c..._13492.html?p=4

God evens the score: Dick Cheney goes to the hospital

CNN: “Vice President Dick Cheney hospitalized at George Washington University hospital this morning with shortness of breath, White House says.”

Not a huge surprise, given that Dick in fact is the anti Christ.

Meanwhile.. Ariel Sharon is breating on his own again.

http://www.depresident.com/blog/index.php/...ey-to-hospital/

The Left: "Yeah, maybe our opponents will all die." This is acceptable...

The Right: "I wish I could openly talk about how I really feel, but then I might have to go into rehab for using my right of free speech." This is loudly condemned by the entire Left.

All Coulter said was in effect: "Due to PC :bs: in this country you can no longer truly express yourself without the PC Nazis screaming their fool heads off." As I said before, as this all proves, Ann was right on the money. She actually said nothing or next to nothing and just see what has happened.

The Right: "I wish I could openly talk about how I really feel, but then I might have to go into rehab for using my right of free speech." This is loudly condemned by the entire Left.

All Coulter said was in effect: "Due to PC :bs: in this country you can no longer truly express yourself without the PC Nazis screaming their fool heads off." As I said before, as this all proves, Ann was right on the money. She actually said nothing or next to nothing and just see what has happened.

You consider "expressing yourself" as using hateful names that imply something for which there is no evidence. That's what Coulter was standing up for. If she really thinks he's gay and thinks it is relevant, she could say, "I think he's gay. I have no facts to support that, but it's what I believe." That's epressing yourself. It's stupid, but expressing herself. The fact that she was using a term that a site you control automatically filters out suggests, using your "logic", that you must be a PC Nazi, because I couldn't even quote what your hero said.

BTW, quit saying you aren't defending her every time you defend her. Defend her hateful comments proudly, don't be so chickensh*t about it.

You consider "expressing yourself" as using hateful names that imply something for which there is no evidence. That's what Coulter was standing up for. If she really thinks he's gay and thinks it is relevant, she could say, "I think he's gay. I have no facts to support that, but it's what I believe." That's epressing yourself. It's stupid, but expressing herself. The fact that she was using a term that a site you control automatically filters out suggests, using your "logic", that you must be a PC Nazi, because I couldn't even quote what your hero said.

BTW, quit saying you aren't defending her every time you defend her. Defend her hateful comments proudly, don't be so chickensh*t about it.

Ann Coulter for President!!! :cheer: Now you are the one reverting to name calling. NICE. I remember when i was in 3rd grade too.

Ann Coulter for President!!! :cheer: Now you are the one reverting to name calling. NICE. I remember when i was in 3rd grade too.

Of course you remember 3rd grade. It was just last year. I didn't expect the person who started this thread to follow the simple logic of my post.

Well, I'm all in favor of freedom of speech, but if your speech has negative repercussions you have to be ready to accept those consequences. She has the right to express her opinion and her critics have the right to express their opinion of her.

However, doesn't it demonstrate a weakness in your argument and/or a strength in your opponent's if your only retort is simply to call him names (implied or explicit)? If that is the worst she can say about John Edwards, maybe he would make a great president. Of course, as a liberal myself, it would scare me if that's all Ann had to say about with me. I think I support a lot of things that she abhors, but if she didn't have any bigger complaints about me I might have to rethink some of my stances. :rolleyes:

But on the subject of Ann Coulter...: Whatever became of the allegations of her voting out of her district in Florida? Last I heard, many months ago, the Florida officials were contemplating charges and she was "lawyering up". Has that all blown over? Much ado about nothing?

Way to keep the debate civil Tex. Nothing adds credibility to your point of view like insulting those you are debating with or even doing the same thing you are criticizing the other side for doing.

Thanks for proving my point about liberal hypocrisy. :thumbsup:

Way to keep the debate civil Tex. Nothing adds credibility to your point of view like insulting those you are debating with or even doing the same thing you are criticizing the other side for doing.

Thanks for proving my point about liberal hypocrisy. :thumbsup:

Looking past the obvious irony of your expressing concern to me about civil debate while you defend Ann Coulter calling someone a word this website filter won't even let me quote, I don't think you read my post in relation to David's. Either that or you don't get it. When I said "PC Nazis" I was quoting David. He said the "PC Nazi's" won't let you use the word F@gg@t. This site won't let you use that word. Calling other's Nazis for doing what you do-- that's hypocrisy.

Archived