Who would you want to be coach if Tubs wasn't here?

WeagleDMS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hayden Fox. He won a MNC at Minnesota.

If not him, then Lt. Col Henry Blake.

Only if he brings Luther Van Dam as the defensive coordinator and Michael “Daber” Dobinski as special teams coach. He may want to bring in Howard Burley to replace Jay Jacobs as AD. Also I think he will get along a lot better with Nell Fortner than he did Judy Watkins.

Get some real innovative offensive minds like Spurrier, Norm Chow, Mike Leach or Chris Peterson. Spurrier & Chow would be pretty cool, but their age means they won't be coaching long term. Ideally, I'd like to see AU go for an up & coming coach who'd have an opportunity to be there long term -- somebody like Patrick Nix. Borges would be a pretty good candidate too.

Lets not forget an up and coming guy...........Patrick Nix OR

Chizk (If he would stay put for awhile)

Borges (if he would hire a defensive genius)

Rodrigues (Spelling?) same as Chizk about staying and all need to fit the Auburn mold of being that "Special Person" Not everyone does! JMO

Sorry, didn't realize that AULoggerhead had mentioned Nix.

... Sorry, didn't realize that AULoggerhead had mentioned Nix.

Ain't no big thang. Like minds think alike & stuff ... Nix wants to come back to AU but in the meantime he's paying his dues.

Only if he brings Luther Van Dam as the defensive coordinator and Michael “Daber” Dobinski as special teams coach. He may want to bring in Howard Burley to replace Jay Jacobs as AD. Also I think he will get along a lot better with Nell Fortner than he did Judy Watkins.

Of course Luther will come. Hayden takes him everywhere he goes. I am sure Daber will quit his job as the voice of Patrick on Spongebob for the chance to coach again. When it comes to Howard or JJ, that is a toss up.

If we can't get him, but cold get Col. Blake, he will need to bring Hawkeye and Trapper with him as his OC and DC. Spearchuker would be the RBs coach. Frank Burns could be the AD, because again that is a toss up.

I would like me first and then hmmm. Pete Carroll, I've always liked Dennis Ericson's coaching.I think Bill Parcell would rock.

That Coach Gary Gaines fellow from Permian High in Odessa Texas. Little known fact: he used to be married to Angelina Jolie.

041005_FNL_hmed.hmedium.jpg

I don't know about him, TiS. I think he hit a rough patch. The last time I saw him he was working as a mall Santa.

badsanta4.jpg

Guest Tigrinum Major

Too old.

Kelly Leak is the new hotness.

Well, he was nominated for an Oscar, but I don't think he could bring together a band of misfits quite like Buttermaker could.

Plus, if Buttermaker takes the job, I've heard that he would be working out a deal with Nell Fortner for Alli Smalley to start next year at quarterback.

For the subreferentially challenged...

I don't know about him, TiS. I think he hit a rough patch. The last time I saw him he was working as a mall Santa.

badsanta4.jpg

Shula would have hired him as offensive coordinator. I miss that guy.

I think you guys are overlooking two very viable options.

1) Jimmy McGinty -- He coached that team of replacements and managed to whip Bill (or was it Ted) into playing shape after Ted (or was it Bill) was wasting his life behind a bar. Plus McGinty probably has some Kryptonite left over from one of his previous jobs.

2) Coach Venner -- He's dead now, but he did turn that mule into a field goal kicking phenom. And don't forget he made a great landlord to a gay guy and a couple of hot chicks. Surely there was an assistant on his staff who would be ready for a head coaching slot.

2) Coach Venner -- He's dead now, but he did turn that mule into a field goal kicking phenom. And don't forget he made a great landlord to a gay guy and a couple of hot chicks. Surely there was an assistant on his staff who would be ready for a head coaching slot.

You're right! He sure did get Gus to whack that ball.

gus0.jpg

I think you guys are overlooking two very viable options.

1) Jimmy McGinty -- He coached that team of replacements and managed to whip Bill (or was it Ted) into playing shape after Ted (or was it Bill) was wasting his life behind a bar. Plus McGinty probably has some Kryptonite left over from one of his previous jobs.

I'm with Ghost here. If McGinty can whip Shane Falco into shape after a career of choking so many times in the clutch, well just think what he could do with a solid bunch like Auburn's got. McGinty also had a good year up in Indiana coaching basketball at a small high school.

Danny and Kevin O'Shea.

The Annexation of Puerto Rico Offense would be revolutionary, no one could defend it.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Danny and Kevin O'Shea.

The Annexation of Puerto Rico Offense would be revolutionary, no one could defend it.

Very nice pickup.

Either Joe Paterno or Bobby Bowden.

If they aren't available Bert Reynolds. He did a good job in The Longest Yard (2005) and Gene Hackman did a commendable job in The Replacements (2000).

Archived